• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need advice on how to beat a Champ!!??

K

KinG DaviD

particularly Rikktor... the champ boss north of papau. He just tears up my greater dragon and kills me at the same time....
thanks for any advice

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get a mage friend or two and probably another tamer friend.

Don't use vet, Rikktor has an area effect spell that will get you everytime.

Put the dragons on Rikktor and use the mage(s) to heal the dragons.

R

RichDC

Discord, Set drag, Stay about 9 tiles away (pretty sure his EQ is 8tile range),Heal drag and spam spells (be carefull he teleports now)

L

Lord Patapon

Bring some friends to heal your dragon.
Or work the spawn with the drag, then with 2 or 3 friends, Mind Blast the damn thing to death. (after luring it away from spawn)
Rikktor is not very hard compared to what you have to go through to make him spawn ;)
(but he got some nasty attacks if you don't pay attention)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with bringing dragons to Rikktor is that your dragon's damage types are the same as Rikktor's highest resists.

I typically bring a cu to the reptile spawn if someone else has a dragon there. Alone, I won't touch it. While you play into Rikky's highest resists, the same goes the other way around too. Rikktor hits with physical and fire attacks, which makes dragons ideal to be a tank, but not a damage dealer. A cu, on the other hand, will both rip Rikktor to shreds and get ripped to shreds at the same time. Be prepared to run in, mount your pup and run away to keep it alive.

If nobody else brings a dragon, then follow Patapon's advice and "Mind Blast the damn thing to death."

The only character I'd even attempt Rikktor alone on is my archer (reptile slayer bow with mana leech, EoO, Consecrate weapon and frequent runaways to heal.)

R

RichDC

If i had a discord tamer then id solo ricky all day (well try to) he isnt that badass when discod. so long as of coourse you have MR you can heal through his damage pretty easy.

A

Arch Magus

If i had a discord tamer then id solo ricky all day (well try to) he isnt that badass when discod. so long as of coourse you have MR you can heal through his damage pretty easy.
Yeah , discordance is awesome.

I really need to work on my Bard some, Music+discord could go on a lot of different templates.

Hmm, maybe find a way to put it on my Chiv archer?
pretty badass im assuming, yes?:D

L

Lord Patapon

Yep, Discordance on an archer is pretty awesome.
I used Peacemaking before, when it still worked well on high end monsters, but I switched to Discordance, and it's a lot better. (although I guess it depends on your playing style)
Especially if your character is well stuffed ...