• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need advice for PVP template.

D

Daedek

I was thinking of going with:
120 Fencing
100 Ninjitsu
100 Tactics
80 Anatomy
80 Healing
100 Poisoning
100 Hide
80 Stealth
60 Resist

Max dex, 10 int, and the rest in strength. I want the high dexterity for the fastest possible bandages.

-I'm not sure what to do with my resist and poisoning. I want a strong poison to kill people with, but I don't want to get ripped apart by magic in PVP.

-What is 100 ninjitsu like compared to 120?

-How effective would this template be against others out there in PVP? If it would suck what changes do you suggest and why?

Keep in mind i haven't truly played more than a few moments at a time since AoS came out and I have no clue of what is going on in the game anymore. What kind of gear should I get to go with a template like this? Money isn't much of a obstacle, but I would like to be efficient in spending it.

Edit: I am interested in the assassin/rogue type of character.

Last edited by a moderator:

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats an 820 skill template?

Not saying it isn't doable... but your going to lose stats in places.

Ill post my pvp temp soon in which is what u are looking for.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100 Swords using +20 hat, 120
90 heal
90 ant
90 tact
80 Psn
120 Ninja - IMO a must for wolf form and getting the most out your death strikes.
50 stealth Using 15 stealth in each ring and brac + the 20 stealth cloak takes it to 100.
100 hide.

So that's a base of 720 + the increase of skills taking it to 790.

I wouldn't worry about not having Resists , using trapped box and smoke bombs gets you out of most difficult situations.
your death strikes will do like 40 ish with out human tracking.

with reforging you can get massive stat increase on your armour, use that famous search site to get an idea of what armour is about.

use a weapons like butchers knifes, ubws Kryss, Bone harvys, i also use a ubws club for dismounts and shadow strikes when in danger.

You can easily achieve stats like 140 hp 100 mana and 150 dex.

Go 45 hci 45 dci.

use the test shard to test your temp out, get an idea and feel of what your doing, before making suits and temps, also look at other dexxers suits on shards to see what they have.

D

Daedek

Thanks for the info. With swordsmanship, can I get blades that can be poisoned? Is it as effective as fencing in a ninja template?

What weapons do you suggest carrying as a swordsmanship ninja and what special abilities to use in PVP?

Last edited by a moderator:

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My only recommendation to the above template is to lower stealth to 80. Provided you're using medable items you should never fail. Then you could put those extra points into something else, or use the extra mods spots on your armor.

And if given the choice between which mods to focus on. It would be better to get 45% HCI and 100% DI, instead of 45% HCI and 45% DCI. You are a stealth assassin. The idea is to hit hard and fast unexpectedly, then hopefully kill them and disappear back into the shadows. Not to stick around for long battles when DCI would come into play.

As for swords weapons. You can use:
Cleaver (poison and bleed)
Butcher's Knife (poison and disarm)

List of weapons and special moves:
UO Stratics - Weapons

Your tactic will probably be to stealth up to someone, disarm them first to make your second strike an almost guaranteed hit. Then poison them and finally deathstrike. Or the other thinking is to deathstrike first, thus making them not want to run away. Then unleash the special moves.

Try it both ways and see what works best. It's probably going to depend on the other player. An experienced PvPer isn't going to run away when some stealther pops out with a deathsrtike, so you might be better off disarming and poisoning them first, because they may try to back up at that point.

Someone else can probably give you better tactical advice based on their experience as my only real experience playing any type of stealther in PvP is on an archer.

Last edited: