• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need advice about pvm chiv archer....

G

Hi all!

Im using now this suit on my pvm archer (all mods from items):

Resists 64/66/48/70/74
SSI +25%
DI +117%

This is with weapon mods. My stats 85/120/45.

Weapon is magical shortbow with speed 3s, so without divine fury i have 1,5s weapon speed. I need find +5% ssi to reach speed cap. Also i have hit fireball 48% and hit poison area 40% on bow.

I see that i can increase my DI mod with heartwood armor - arms, leggins, chest. But i need a 'lower req' mod on them plus di mod, because after curse this items fall into pack If i got +30% di, i can reach 300% damage increase cap with slayer talisman and EoO (against champions only, barracoon for example).

And i have two q:

a) Damage modifier +10% from quiver calculated in 300% di cap or not?
b) Have slayer talisman vulnerable ability to special monsters? For example, i do not use balanced Mischief Maker bow because its undead slayer, and rats do additional damage to me.

Mb i can increase stats with another way? How about bushido for pvm?

Thank you for your advice!

I

imported_dexdash

i wouldnt get to attached to that suit cuz im am looking for you right now in game to take it off ya

G

a) of course it is counted into the 300%, every possible way to increase damage is. however it also gets calculated into the item damage increase which is capped at 100. having over 100 will do you absolutely nothing.

b) doesnt matter if its on a weapon or on what not, getting damageboost against a group will result in the countergroup doing more damage to you.

also im not sure why youd want hit spell on the bow, hit area is somewhat questionable too.

G

Yeah, don't get too attached to the suit. I don't tend to keep one on this shard more than a month on my pvm'er, hours on my pvp'er.

Look for uber bows and bless them. Don't worry much about the rest. Run with HCI/DI jewelry if you can.

For rats you want to use either a vermin slayer talisman or a repond slayer bow.

You can only get 100 DI from items. The remaining DI comes from Enemy of One and slayers. So you can drop that by 17 if you want. The Daimyo's helm gives 10 ssi, but they are very popular and don't spawn anymore.

Don't know about the 10% quiver damage modifier. They'll probably know over on the archer forum. I haven't played a pvm archer for years now.

G

Oh dont know that DI from items capped at 100.....there is nothing about it in uo guide.

Well, i can try then get +5% ssi from one piece and other pieces make with hci...

DI mod from bow calculated in 100 di cap from items?

G

<blockquote><hr>

also im not sure why youd want hit spell on the bow, hit area is somewhat questionable too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hit spell do additional damage, and area spell do damage for group of monsters.. when i reach speed cap, i can shoot many times when concentrate weapon is active, and summary damage will be more then with slow crossbow.