• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necromancer Warrior Versus Bushido Warrior.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are the advantages and disadvantages of both?

I am contemplating which of the above will form the basis of my next character. I intend for him to be more than capable in PvM Encounters but also able to stand his ground should he be forced to PvP.

Assuming I can afford to build a decent suit which is the stronger of the two? What equipment and strategies would I need to take advantage of either template?

C

Cloak&Dagger

Most of your post comes down to play style. Also comes down to exact skills you plan on using. If you are swapping just necro and bushido, then I would say Bushido. Also in terms of damage output I would say a Necro Axer has a slight upper hand (Assuming you use necro to your full advantage) But in terms of survival I would think Bushido, also I have not used a Necro melee type for pvming so I am not sure how it would fair compared to a Normal Bushido template.

I use to find a Necro archer to be more fun in pvp than any of the various Bushido templates, but again I think a bushido template survives a little bit better from the get go (basically if you are new to both templates, the bushido one will survive better than the necro, but with practice I find most templates to be just about even in survival.)

Not sure if I answered you well enough, but if you ask more I will try to respond accordingly.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

As unimaginative as it is, most PvP dexxering comes down to Nerve Strike or Disarm (Fencing) Archers. As well as making up the 300 points for mana discount on specials.

Most Necro spells are countered with Enchanted Apples and Mystics.

Edit:
Although saying that, I'd probably try 60 Necro, 100-120 SS, 120 Bushido. So you can Blood Oath, Nerve, Feint, Wraith Form, Curse Weapon, even Omen for other casters. *I haven't looked if it can fit.*

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lightning strike is cheap and will give you the crit chance and hit chance bonus and will be usable on your swings.
Necro doesn't provide you ongoing benefits to weapon damage output, so you will be stopping to cast to take advantage of the necro additions.

You may find the time you take to stop and cast an omen, pain strike, or poison strike to be less valuable than if you'd just let your swing hit and used a special.

With necro you get the high damage opener, or quick combo to do extra damage(Prolly about the same as nerve strike followed by a regular hit or 2) but if you're planning on casting a lot then you'll have mana concerns. (In addition to the ease of removing curse from apples, faction bandages, etc.)

You also have to stop to heal if you're relying on SS, whereas with confidence its on the run.

I'd recommend going the bushido route.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You also have to stop to heal if you're relying on SS, whereas with confidence its on the run.

Don't you find this definition EXTREMELY ironic? "confidence" while on the run... lol cmon. It's almost as ironic as the Bladeweave description and the "special move" that it does.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

It's neither a definition or ironic. Runners frequently run confidently. The emphasis of extremely was ironic, as it wasn't, at all.

Mortal Kombat is a multi player game.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lightning strike is cheap and will give you the crit chance and hit chance bonus and will be usable on your swings.
Necro doesn't provide you ongoing benefits to weapon damage output, so you will be stopping to cast to take advantage of the necro additions.

You may find the time you take to stop and cast an omen, pain strike, or poison strike to be less valuable than if you'd just let your swing hit and used a special.

With necro you get the high damage opener, or quick combo to do extra damage(Prolly about the same as nerve strike followed by a regular hit or 2) but if you're planning on casting a lot then you'll have mana concerns. (In addition to the ease of removing curse from apples, faction bandages, etc.)

And, of course, the most powerful PvM warriors in the business combine Bushido and Necromancy. Some toss in a little Chivalry but not all do.

Sampire/Wammy/etc. This forum is full of discussions of such templates.

Full of.

Conventional wisdom holds that those templates aren't much good in PvP. But I've seen one or two do quite well with it. And besides, the original poster is looking for something that can stand his ground in PvP, not own in it.

-Galen's player

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually while we're talking about confidence on the run, I seem to remember back in the the original wording on honoring opponents that you would be penalized for running away.
Wonder what would happen if someone ever got around to fixing that.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually while we're talking about confidence on the run, I seem to remember back in the the original wording on honoring opponents that you would be penalized for running away.
you are quite correct on that.

-Galen's player

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For PvP, I lean more to Necro Warrior than Bushido in the since that the templates are seemingly more cramped. Disarm and distance neutralizes a bush dexer. Fitting in resist, a healing skill and just balancing the template I find a hair pulling experience.

Necro warriors on the other hand offer a few building routes depending on play style.

Right now I am building this for experimentation. This of course is just the raw template and not including + skill items. Using Mage like stats and Stamina increase, SSI items. I think it is a well balanced template. My only wish is that I would like to have Parry in a build along with resist and a sufficient healing method.

120 resist
100 ss
105 necro
100 focus
120 mace
90 tactics
85 Myst

C

Cloak&Dagger

For PvP, I lean more to Necro Warrior than Bushido in the since that the templates are seemingly more cramped. Disarm and distance neutralizes a bush dexer. Fitting in resist, a healing skill and just balancing the template I find a hair pulling experience.

Necro warriors on the other hand offer a few building routes depending on play style.

Right now I am building this for experimentation. This of course is just the raw template and not including + skill items. Using Mage like stats and Stamina increase, SSI items. I think it is a well balanced template. My only wish is that I would like to have Parry in a build along with resist and a sufficient healing method.

120 resist
100 ss
105 necro
100 focus
120 mace
90 tactics
85 Myst
105 necro for strangle? 85 myst? Can't use any reasonable spell on a spell trigger...and casting of spell plague is mostly out of the question, so...healing stone and healing wind?(which is also slightly crippled if you are cursed or poisoned.) Maybe stone form?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am all for that.

Then again, it would be nice if someone fixed luckblades too.... among the other 50 things that people post from time to time.

J

[JD]

would love to pvp effectively on a vamp form toon- auto cure poison, leeches, regens.. would seem very nice

some serious downfalls, like getting purged or being unable to ninjaform

and was that a hint logrus (re: honor) :)

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1890715 said:
105 necro for strangle? 85 myst? Can't use any reasonable spell on a spell trigger...and casting of spell plague is mostly out of the question, so...healing stone and healing wind?(which is also slightly crippled if you are cursed or poisoned.) Maybe stone form?
Like I said, That is before +skill on items. Like +15 Myst on your casting Jewels.

By using Myst and Focus, you get more for your skill point investment compared to healing and anat. Remember this is with mage stats and bandages would take too long, heck 4 second bandages is to long in pvp. Between pots, healing stone and wind it should do ok. With Necro and Myst spells with a decent mana pool, the MR bonus on items with Focus it is a well balanced template.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Like I said, That is before +skill on items. Like +15 Myst on your casting Jewels.

By using Myst and Focus, you get more for your skill point investment compared to healing and anat. Remember this is with mage stats and bandages would take too long, heck 4 second bandages is to long in pvp. Between pots, healing stone and wind it should do ok. With Necro and Myst spells with a decent mana pool, the MR bonus on items with Focus it is a well balanced template.
Oh sorry I missed the before items part in your post I guess...not entirely sure what happen actually. Can you trigger wind with 100/100? Guess I could get on test center and find out...

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Pretty sure Cleansing Wind doesn't even appear on the Trigger menu until 120/120.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Pretty sure Cleansing Wind doesn't even appear on the Trigger menu until 120/120.
Oh yea that would make sense since it has the same skill requirements as bombard (just checked it when you said that....)