• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necro Sammy Temp advice

• Thread starter portcontrol7
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
P

portcontrol7

Hi,

Just returned to UO, need some advice on my temp.

Here is my char as of now:

STR 95
DEX 95
INT 40

Anat 98.1
Bush 96.3
Necro 94.4
Parry 99.0
SS 101.1
Swords 105.7
Tactics 105.4

It's been awhile since I've played so I'm not really sure what to do with this character. I mainly honor my opponent, curse weapon, and LS strike em to death. So far all I really kill are Ogre Lords, and I'm no longer gaining Honor from them. Any ideas on what to do with my character to advance him would be appreciated. What should I kill, etc...

Thanks.

C

Connor_Graham

Are you planning on this char being a Sampire or a Wammy? There is a different build for each type.

Sampire-

120 Wep
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Necro
60 Chiv

Wammy

120 Wep
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Spirit Speak
100 Necro
60 Chiv

As far as what to do to build your skills, at the level you're currently at I'd suggest heading to the Yomotsu Mines. In the second "room" there are 2 warriors that spawn there. They will take you to 120 & GM in all of the combat skills. After that, you can head to the Succubus room in the Dojo to get yourself up to Knight of Honor and max out your fame as well. I'd suggest working your Necro up to GM before going there so you can use the high karma they give to get yourself back up to Glorious for Chiv reasons. Spirit Speak doesn't need to be anything over 100.

P

portcontrol7

What are the advantages of a Sampire vs. Wammy?

I hate the idea of using Chivalry on a necro, but I guess I have to. As far as fame goes, I've tried Dragons, Demons, and Ogre Lords, and NOTHING is raising my honor. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The succubus will own me, I cant even take out Ice Demons.

M

Malkes

Some of the more important things about a build like this are staying in vamp form as much as possible (so you don't have to rely heavily on SS for healing) and having a decently fast weapon that has good amounts of all three of the leech properties.

While you may not like the idea of casting pally spells on a partially necromancer character, the Enemy of One and Consecrate spells make your ability to leech (health/mana/stamina) so much more effective.

For my build, I don't have Spirit Speak, so I have to rely on my leeches to keep me alive. The only necro spells I ever really cast are Vampiric Embrace and the occasional Curse Weapon. I will sometimes throw in a Corpse Skin if my target is already very weak to fire.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The method with Succubus is to consecrate weapon. It will put the hurt on her. And Enemy of One. And honor her of course.
She will get you to Knight of honor. Balrons too, but they are harder.

C

Connor_Graham

What are the advantages of a Sampire vs. Wammy?
Sampires leech life directly through damage dealt via Vamp form, have an increased mana, HP, and stamina regen rate, can hit harder due to having Anatomy in the template to increase DI, and can ride a swamp dragon for the 20% damage reduction. Wammy's leech a larger amount of life than a Sampire via Curse Weapon, leech mana via Wraith form, but have to walk due to the restrictions of the Wraith form.

Personally, I've found the Vamp form to be the more powerful of the two, but it does take practice and the right gear to make either template work.

As far as your fame and karma, I'd not worry about that too much until you get your skills up closer to 120. Once you get up to 115 or so you can go after succubi with no problem.

P

portcontrol7

So I guess I should lose the Spirit Speak and go around in Vampire form from here on out eh?

Sampire sounds like a fun one. Thanks fellas.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have alot of items/gold at your disposal I would recommend fitting heal/anat into the template.

This is where Connor and I disagree. I can't count how many times healing has kept me alive. I use skill increase jewels and the midnight bracers for extra skill points and my template comes out to:

120 Mace
120 Bushido
120 Parry
99 Necro
90 tactics
90 heal
90 anat
60 chiv

I crit for roughly 180 on average on Dreadhorn, and regular hits go for 80ish when I've achieved perfection. I solo dreadhorn regularly and never have issues.

P

portcontrol7

Okay, so im dropping SS which sucks cuz it makes my Curse weapon last much less.

Typically I honor, curse weapon, then LS LS LS LS.

What do I do with Bushido, Necro, Chiv? I rarely lose health with the method above 1 on 1.

And what about Karma, do I want bad or good karma? Right now its locked at dread.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unlock your karma. High karma helps your chivalry spells (gives longer duration mostly), but low karma doesn't do a thing for the necromancy spells which you'll use (vamp form and animate dead).

P

portcontrol7

How do you fight and stay healed with the Chiv? The only thing that keeps me alive i my Curse Weapon now, and with no SS that will be useless. How does one keep healed with a sampire?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you fight and stay healed with the Chiv? The only thing that keeps me alive i my Curse Weapon now, and with no SS that will be useless. How does one keep healed with a sampire?
Vampiric Embrace life leeches every hit. You want to hit hard, and often. Fit some HLD in there somewhere and with that and LS you shouldn't miss all that much.

P

portcontrol7

Tried it, and I have no regrets with losing SS. I regret not picking up Chiv earlier. Awesome temp, thanks everyone.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My template is soon done.

120 Bushido
120 Weapon
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Necromancy
60+ Chiv

Will the life leech from VE keep me alive on its owne or does this kinda template need life leech on the weapon aswell?

ive got a verite War axe with High mana/stam leech, FC1, 30ssi and 40DI. Am i better of with a tripple leech weapon? I used this mace on my old 4/6 chiv dexer but i dont think that the FC1 will help this template at all.

C

Connor_Graham

Will the life leech from VE keep me alive on its owne or does this kinda template need life leech on the weapon aswell?
The leech should be enough in most cases to keep you alive even in mob situations. In a pinch, you can always cast Evasion then Confidence for a quick heal. Biggest thing to remember is to keep hitting a target. There will be times that the RNG goes against you and your stam leech just won't go off. I suggest using a TR pot in those cases, saving Divine Fury as a last resort.

ive got a verite War axe with High mana/stam leech, FC1, 30ssi and 40DI. Am i better of with a tripple leech weapon? I used this mace on my old 4/6 chiv dexer but i dont think that the FC1 will help this template at all.
I've never used a war axe, but as far as the mods go, that's exactly what you want on any Sampire weapon. Anything else is a bonus. I like to have HLA on my weps also as I have HLD on my glasses. Makes for easy hits on the target and keeps them from hitting you back.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to fit the Mace/shield glasses to my template but that will make it harder to reach 45HCI. 15HCI ring, 15HCI Brace, that leaves me 15 HCI short. I could use a Gladiators collar but that only gets me 10 HCI and i dont really like to use leggings of bane since they are nonmed but that might be my only option.

R

RichDC

Are you using the conjurers trinket?

If not thats an extra 10%hci.

C

Connor_Graham

DCI is more important than HCI as Lightning Strike gives more than max HCI by itself. In this particular case, I'd choose the 30 HLD from the glasses over 15 HCI every time.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HLD is also better than HCI. That takes away 25% of their defense chance, which is greater than the 15% you gain from 15% HCI.