• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necro pets..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Do pets with Necro cast corpse skin? If so would this not work nicely with exp goo or other fire area aoe or fire damage like from fire using pets? Also if corpse skin is cast would it effect one or multiple enemies?
What other spells they cast?
Do you lose Karma if you use a pet that spams necro spells?
What is the spell with the scary blue light around them?
And finally are there any necro pets that are rideable?
@Donovon what do you think?
Thanks in advance..

Last edited:

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More questions:
Which pets can be enhanced with Necromancy or Necromage, if the tamer has negative karma?
Which pets can be enhanced with chivalry, if the tamer has positive karma?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I dont think you need to have neg karma to train and skill a pet with necromancy. You can use Tzuki Wolves they say they are best for necro, possibly necromage? Also on TC1 I did not see karma loss with using necro pet on the character or your toon. But the pet iself may lose karma, and then will be attacked by positive karma creatures in twisted wield etc, I guess but did not test that yet. I am not sure how this play out in the production shards though, and that was the reason for the original question. I would be cool if the toon does not lose karma for using a necro pet. They have some cool spells and also AOE or area effects build into the necro.
Kind of fun to play with.
For instance it would be awesome if the necro pet cast corpse skin and then any fire damage would be augmented,esp if buffed by AI or grasp claw etc.
I wonder in @Donovon has done any testing on these.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More questions:
Which pets can be enhanced with Necromancy or Necromage, if the tamer has negative karma?
Which pets can be enhanced with chivalry, if the tamer has positive karma?
Necro is on Dread Spider, Tsuki Wolf, and Ram for a cheap cost. None of them have enough points to make a good pet that can kill bosses. You can put necro on a Nightmare and a few other pets but it would cost 1501 points.

The tamer does not lose Karma unless it kills a pixie or such.. They are not attacked by pixies and such.

This Tsuki with Necro cant kill a Plain Cu. He dies before my command goes away. He has scrolls.

upload_2018-1-31_13-39-36.png

Chivalry can be put on almost any pet that can get Magic. Rams could have it. Too bad they do not have enough points to make a decent template.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me rephrase the question:
For which pets does Necromancy not even appear as an option for enhancement unless there is negative karma involved?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Positive or negative karma trainers can put necromacy on a pet that is able to get the skill. Chivalry is the only magic that is affected by the Karma of the tamer.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Necro is on Dread Spider, Tsuki Wolf, and Ram for a cheap cost. None of them have enough points to make a good pet that can kill bosses. You can put necro on a Nightmare and a few other pets but it would cost 1501 points.

The tamer does not lose Karma unless it kills a pixie or such.. They are not attacked by pixies and such.

This Tsuki with Necro cant kill a Plain Cu. He dies before my command goes away. He has scrolls.

View attachment 77008

Chivalry can be put on almost any pet that can get Magic. Rams could have it. Too bad they do not have enough points to make a decent template.
Thanks for the info..

DDesire

Adventurer

View attachment 77008
Hello Pawain,

could you post your Tsuki stats / skills etc?
My Tsuki solos a Cu without any combat training spell on him.

I really would like to find a working necro pet that isn't forced into dragon breath / magery at the same time and Tsuki seems like the best choice.
thanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello Pawain,

I really would like to find a working necro pet that isn't forced into dragon breath / magery at the same time and Tsuki seems like the best choice.
thanks
Tsuki Wolf

I Should have stopped HP at 650. Put str to 700 and put some 110 scrolls on.

I like the Ram better. But both would be decent if they had 1501 more points.

DDesire

Adventurer
Tsuki Wolf

I Should have stopped HP at 650. Put str to 700 and put some 110 scrolls on.

I like the Ram better. But both would be decent if they had 1501 more points.
Strange I have the exact same build, but no scrolls and it wrecks Cus without any help.
Unless your Tsukis necromancy was 29 when you fought the Cu? cause mines is over 90 :)

I really dislike the Rams looks :(

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I forgot I made that pic. Looks like he was getting his ass kicked. Necro was in 70s.

How would higher Necro make it have better defense?

DDesire

Adventurer
I forgot I made that pic. Looks like he was getting his ass kicked. Necro was in 70s.

How would higher Necro make it have better defense?
Not sure about better defence but faster killing = less damage taken? :p
I have the exact same build and I killed about 10 Cus before I stopped due to Karma taking big hits, my Tsu had around 40-60% HP left after each fight in general (it got down to 20% range in a fight or two)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Hello Pawain,

thanks
But Tzukis have that nasty nerve-wracking scream-screech..lol