• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necro/Pets: Spirit Speak and Curse Weapon?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to try it out I put Necromancy on my Nightmare on Test Center. Played around with it for about 20 minutes. Never seen it use Curse Weapon or Spirit Speak to heal? Considering Necromancy and Spirit Speak cost 1500 points it should heal.

Has anyone seen there necro pet use curse weapon? or Spirit Speak to heal?

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They start using Curse Spirit speak at 80.0 skll I think.
Let me pull out my hell hound.

Adell of Catskills

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've seen my ram do spirit speak on a corpse. But as i am unfamiliar with necro spells i can only go by tel tale grey corpse

Sent from my LG-K120 using Tapatalk

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hell hound is at 69 and I've seen it use SPirit Speak.

I've also seen it strangle at less than 40 necro.. So not sure if skill level will make a difference on curse weapon.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've seen pets with Necromancy/Necromage use both Spirit Speak, and Curse Weapon. They only seem to use SS when getting low on Health, and Curse Weapon seems to be uncommon and random. I talked to Kyronix about them casting Curse Weapon occasionally, and he said it depends on their AI and the situation. He said that if the AI determines that the situation is a "Panic" situation, they'd cast Curse Weapon more.
Like, i've had my Dread Spider with Necromage surrounded by enemies in Wrong before, and his AI seemed to favor AoE spells like Poison Strike and Wither in that situation. I literally saw him cast Poison Strike 4-5 times in a row in that situation.

Last edited: