• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necro/peace

Ferg

Visitor
I've been running 6x 120
Mage, eval, med, resist, necro, SS.
I've recently dropped med to 20, and got alchemy. Alot of fun, but I mainly solo spawn. So been thinking about adding music/peace but can't figure out what to drop.
Med of course, figured drop resist to 100.
I would drop necro n SS to 100, but can't decide if I want to drop the spell damage from being 120. But honestly I'm not sure of a huge difference from 100-120.
I really want to keep 100 resist on temp.
With gear skills can be 120 mage, 120 eval, 100 resist, 100 necro 100 SS.
And I'll have 200 points to use. Could do 100 music 100 peace but think I would need more than that?
Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There are gear and artifacts where you can get some skill points.

For example, find a Scrapper spellbook that has two skills at 10 points a piece. You can usually find Magery, Resist, Meditation, Eval. Look for any combination of those two.

The Crystalline ring has 20 Magery and 20 Focus. The Kotakotl ring has 10 Med, 10 Resist and then 20 of any other casting skill you choose to add.

You can try one of the reward Talismans that has either 10 Eval or 10 SS on it.

So between Spellbook, Talisman, and ring, you might be able to save 30 to 70 skill points that you can re-allocate elsewhere.

If you intend on running the Peacemaking mastery songs, you will want high mana regen on your suit if your Meditation is going to be so low.

Interesting template. Good luck and let us know how it turns out :)

Ferg

Visitor
I ended up getting my last juo'nar slayer book and getting my last bit of skills from that. Just running GM peace and music. I've thought about crystalline but trying to keep 2/6 from Brac n ring. Did a rats and didn't have a problem with area peace. going to try a reptile tonight to see if I need higher than GM.
Haven't got mastery for peace yet but have 21 Mr and haven't had a problem with mana yet. On certain spawns I have to conserve and be alittle cautious on dumping abunch of Mana.
Thank you for the input

Ferg

Visitor
I also haven't noticed a huge difference from dropping to 100 from 120. That was a main concern. Didn't want to drop abunch of spell damage. Do you know the formula for SDI on necro/SS and mage eval?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I would suggest not using Peace at all. It is a huge point investment for little/no purpose, it's like points in not fighting, like having Hide/Stealth.

If you put it on there to make your life easier while Withering, there are much better options that you could do, that would also give you an offensive advantage.

As a Necro you can summon a Dark Wolf, you can bond a pair of Bake Kitsune's (which have the second highest resist of pets in game 60/90/60/60/60 max - plus a combined 800 mana to dump), with good command of your pets and positioning you can use them as shields while you gather spawn to Wither in safety, then have them on guard doing damage while you Wither. Also handy defense for if you get raided if doing it in Fel, carry some Bolas. You could probably do a similar thing with Skeletal Dragons from the Necro Mastery.

Spellweaving would also be a much better choice than Peace imo, Gift Of Life/Attunement/Renewal, Thunderstorm/Wind cover a bigger area than Wither, Arctic Ogre Lord, 5x Nature's Fury on 1st level spawns, Summon Reaper/Mana Shield. Empowerment to bump your damage and healing. Plus of course WOD for finishing the champ quicker.

I'd even suggest Prov or Discord over Peace. The Prov Mastery will continually heal you, all you have to do is cure which you can petal or pot for, and give you spell damage, you can also Provoke up the harder spawn and spawn on to the champ. Or with Discord you can obviously Discord the champ, Despair/Tribulation the champ which in Wraith Form will mostly get leeched back until it is out of mana.

Imo all of these would enable you to spawn quicker and more effectively than with Peace.

Ferg

Visitor
Oh wow I had no idea about the bake kitsune. I've thought about spellweave and been reading up on it.
The reason I thought about peace was something different. After doing a few spawns its not going how I wanted hahah.
I just did spellweave quest so going to try that out. Thank you for all the info.

Ferg

Visitor
I'm excited to try it. I have a few questions you might be able to answer. If I do the lvl 3 mastery will I be able to do the circle by myself or still need more spellweavers? The artic orge lords, am I in control till it dies or can it become uncharmed? Does it take control slots? From what I remember the casting cap is 4/6 for SW is that necessary or would I be alright with 2/6?

Thank you for all the info. I've been getting bored with just necro mage and been toying with skills to make it fun again. I think imma enjoy spellweave

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
The artic orge lords, am I in control till it dies or can it become uncharmed? Does it take control slots?
I believe it takes control slots, it disappear when you log off, it doesn't teleport with you (you need gates).

From what I remember the casting cap is 4/6 for SW is that necessary or would I be alright with 2/6?
I believe you will not be able to cast well without protections on spawn with ranged/caster monsters.

If I do the lvl 3 mastery will I be able to do the circle by myself or still need more spellweavers?
You need one other player to get the circle.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'm excited to try it. I have a few questions you might be able to answer. If I do the lvl 3 mastery will I be able to do the circle by myself or still need more spellweavers? The artic orge lords, am I in control till it dies or can it become uncharmed? Does it take control slots? From what I remember the casting cap is 4/6 for SW is that necessary or would I be alright with 2/6?

Thank you for all the info. I've been getting bored with just necro mage and been toying with skills to make it fun again. I think imma enjoy spellweave
You can get a focus yourself the Mastery add 1 strength.

AOL's you're in control until it dies or you log out. They're not the best option by a long way just an option. I think they're 4 slots, but can't be poisoned, which can be useful. The Skeletal Dragons work the same way but are 2 slots each and heal themselves when they damage stuff. (You can't have both Necro and Spellweaving Mastery's active at the same time obviously, so you'll probably develop a preference for one method over the other. Personally I think Mana Shield alone is so good it's worth having the SW active.

SW is 4/6 casting cap. I'd advise getting it. There's proposed new gear coming out which may have 1 FC on a headslot piece, plus the 1 FC town bonus can help get you there.

Use your Bake's for defense, they take all the incoming damage while you round it gets close enough to Wither, or on some spawns Thunderstorm/Wind will one hit certain levels. I don't recommend playing in Prot as it's better to learn timing and how to cast while being attacked.

Blitzkrieg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a Necro you can summon a Dark Wolf, you can bond a pair of Bake Kitsune's (which have the second highest resist of pets in game 60/90/60/60/60 max - plus a combined 800 mana to dump), with good command of your pets and positioning you can use them as shields while you gather spawn to Wither in safety, then have them on guard doing damage while you Wither. Also handy defense for if you get raided if doing it in Fel, carry some Bolas. You could probably do a similar thing with Skeletal Dragons from the Necro Mastery.
What happens to your kitsunes if the dark wolf is killed? Do they go mad and release?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The artic orge lords, am I in control till it dies or can it become uncharmed? Does it take control slots?
Shoot, forget the Artic Ogre Lords... go to Wrong and get one of those Green "Cave Trolls"... tons of hp's and do great damage to boot.

Ferg

Visitor
Thank you guys so much for all the information.
I just got the lvl 3 mastery for SW and I'd say it's definitely the better of the two. The arcane impowerment is pretty awesome, I just hope it lasts longer once I reach 120.

I had no idea there were green cave trolls. So much has changed, last time I played was 08-09. I find something new almost everyday.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
What happens to your kitsunes if the dark wolf is killed? Do they go mad and release?
Nope, nothing happens to them. Without a wolf up they will balk at commands, eventually lose loyalty and go wild, but there's no reason for that to happen. You can heal them, and the wolf, and summon a new wolf when needed (or just don't give commands when it's dead).

What I usually do is dismount, summon a wolf, pull them from the stable, tell them stop/follow, dismiss the wolf, remount, get to wherever I'm going, dismount, re-summon a wolf and continue.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personal experience -

We use to run 3 peace wraith wither necros and cleaned house on the spawns. With 3 people running on the same screen spamming wither then peace everything gets locked up and dissolves. All this was before the masteries so you could also use invigorate and resilient for much more mana, and hp regen plus increase your mana and hps!

I imagine someone has multiboxed them with 4 accounts... Something to think about.

Be blessed in all your adventures,
Frederick
Eldric