• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necro/Mage Questions

G

Yes, I know there's a forum for Necros and I have posted there, but seems like hardly anyone reads that one, so hope you don't mind me asking for advice here.

Basically I'm attempting to make a Necro/Mage primarily for Champ Spawns/PvP, finished most skills and stat training, with room for adjustments of course, hehe. Here's what I have so far:

My char currently has:
110 Mage
110 Eval
105 Necro(90 real, +15 from Mark & Bloodwood)
110 Spirit(90 real, +20 as above)
110 Resist
100 Med

So that adds to 610 real points used, and as I have a 715 cap = 105 points for something else. Options seem to be Wrestling, Poison, Anatomy, Weapon skill or even Focus.
I'm thinking wrestling prob best option, that would allow me to equip Ossian Spellbook and save another 10 points on Necro, or maybe the Tome for extra 15.

I haven't seriously played a Necro before, or done much PvP except with a dexer and I pretty much suck with him anyway lol, so it's a learning curve for me all the way and any/all advice from those that play PvP Necro/Mages would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Go with the Wrestle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any particular reason why? I initially thought Wrestling would be the best option, but not so sure now. There's no advantage re: special moves anymore, is there? Tactics being needed to use them and no way to fit that skill in.
I can see it being easier to fit Anatomy in, and get the same defence with a few less points invested, given already have 110 Eval..and would eventually want that bumped to 120 anyway.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

Wrestle doesn't require tactics for specials. However the Poison is pretty good and use a mage weapon. You won't be able to disarm though..