• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necro 100 or 120?

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys,

have anyone tried the difference between a pet with 100 Necro / 120 Spirit Speak and 120 Necro / 120 Spirit Speak? Is there any change that is worth of investing 100 training points? The only think i know is that Ive seen my mare controlling undeads and casting conduit already when she had around 35 necro skill.

Thanks,
Seraphim

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Wow.. what you mean control undead? Can you be more specific? Like animated dead you mean? That would be soo aweome!

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
that would be awesome and I would like to see that lol. may be time to start training necro on a pet or two LOL

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix the issue with necro is that the pets do corpse skin, however this actually raises the physical and cold resist of the target, however most of the pets that you can put necromancy on, deal physical damage. Kyronix needs to change corpse skin to not raise physical and cold resist. Or make all necro creatures deal poison/fire damage.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
@Kyronix the issue with necro is that the pets do corpse skin, however this actually raises the physical and cold resist of the target, however most of the pets that you can put necromancy on, deal physical damage. Kyronix needs to change corpse skin to not raise physical and cold resist. Or make all necro creatures deal poison/fire damage.
or make necro pets not corpse skin? seems like an easier fix.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then what would be the point of giving the pet necromancy if they don't cast necro spells? the pets will do only 4 spells?

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I don't personally know the list of necro spells pets do, but I was just saying it seems like the easy fix to turn the ai off for corpse skin, and if they do cast animate dead that's pretty awesome without corpse skin

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i can tell you, they currently do not cast animate dead, or revanant. Exorcism does nothing, they do not cast lich form, vampiric embrace, summon familiar, horrific beast, warith form, or curse weapon.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I see your point lol I was hoping they did cast animate dead, that would have been fun

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I see your point lol I was hoping they did cast animate dead, that would have been fun
Maybe the fix that would bring necro pets in like crazy would be for the devs to stop the corpse skin and add animate dead : Imagine if the pet in afew minutes has 3-6 animated dead assisting it in the spawn? What a great idea you bring up..

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
my nightmare really controlled a skeleton knight on spawn and i saw him as a "friend" same tag as my nightmare (im playing without a guild) I was running from it and casting thunderstorm :D

ill try to test it more tomorrow

if anyone tried 120necro/120ss let me know
thanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make the ram a one slot pet and make it have 70 - 80 fire damage at least. It does live with Lichs. How does it protect itself there?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no you don't need to make the ram 1 slot at all, Ram is my default pet for pvm, it's strong enough 2 slot.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Currently raising my grizzled mare to 120/120 ill let you know if i see a big difference. Currently at 105/113 and its ssssslllllooooowwww going.

Emden

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have a shadow wyrm, boy I wish it was only a 4 slot pet... anyone else have one? Thoughts on the pet? I like mine, but needs a lot of healing to stay alive, but fun to play.... not on my 1st string, but fun to play PvM.