• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Nearly Perfect Cu Sidhe

Emily the Tamer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me say first thing that for no price will I sell my cu sidhe, ever. Offer me 12 castles, and I will turn you down. This is my pride and joy; I tamed him myself and I have never seen a better cu sidhe. He's mine.

That said, I wonder if anyone would pay anything for him since he's really close to perfect. His hitpoints and stamina are overcap, and he's off in his resists by 1/1/0/1/4. I've also taken the time to 5x GM him, of course.

Only problem being, he is plain colour, and I know people value cu sidhes more for their colour than for their stats. So I'm just curious what people would offer for him, if anything at all.

TakuyaStats.png TakuyaResists.png TakuyaSkills.png TakuyaPic.png

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
color isnt that valuable when it comes to if your actually using it. doesnt hurt tho of course.

if you want an honest pricecheck, i bought a better cu for 50mil (and black), but the "going rate" for pre-patch cus seem to be 100 to 300m
for comparison, the one i bought was 642hp 151stam

the most recent prepatch cu sold pretty quick @200m with 645hp 145stam

yours does have better resists, but not as good stats. i wouldnt put super high value on resists for a pvp cu, but a pet collector or for pvm use might

just my opinion, hope it helps with pricecheck.

Last edited:

Emily the Tamer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, "better" as in more HP and and Stamina. I was gonna say, on the pet power calculator this rates a 4.9; that's what I mean when I say I've never seen a better one - a perfect 5.

The reason I'm so doubtful that it anyone would actually pay for it is because it seems tamers nowadays don't use cu sidhes, or at least not that I've seen, but I suppose I may not be around enough tamers, eh?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, "better" as in more HP and and Stamina. I was gonna say, on the pet power calculator this rates a 4.9; that's what I mean when I say I've never seen a better one - a perfect 5.

The reason I'm so doubtful that it anyone would actually pay for it is because it seems tamers nowadays don't use cu sidhes, or at least not that I've seen, but I suppose I may not be around enough tamers, eh?
still used decent amount in pvp, but resists dont matter a ton for that. you have to think about too, that calculator wasnt built for pre-patch pets. while rating is always just a starting point, being .1 off from "perfect" doesnt really mean as much as for a regular pet because the rating system for these cus probably goes up to around a 5.5. plus theres no slot in the calculator for stamina, but you could substitute dex for stam i suppose.

also, its the stam cut-offs that matter. 120, next one up 150. prepatch ones, even ones around 130s are good becaues they allow for some stam loss or curse with the pet still swinging relatively fast.

people do collect pets just for the ratings, but someone buying it to use for pvp isnt going to be too concerned about that. theyll look at HP and stam, and lastly resists.

Very nice pets. awesome just for the rarity and that another one with stats that high will never spawn ever.

Emily the Tamer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
people do collect pets just for the ratings, but someone buying it to use for pvp isnt going to be too concerned about that. theyll look at HP and stam, and lastly resists.
So then, how about this guy? He's a nice gold colour, too.

KnightStats.png KnightResists.png KnightPic.png

Emily the Tamer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, for PvP, sure. But I use my cu sidhes for PvM which is why I almost always use Takuya if the hunting is srz bznz.

I'm wondering what price he might fetch, though?

genchattroll101

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
No one uses cu sidhe's in pvp anymore at all. I haven't seen one in forever aside from chad using one sometimes.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No one uses cu sidhe's in pvp anymore at all. I haven't seen one in forever aside from chad using one sometimes.
Understandable as the myth of high stamina Cus having the power to "blink" (attack foes at surreal speed) was either disproven or was a bug that was fixed. I did see a UO video from a so-called free shard recently that showed a Cu taking down a mounted rider who was trying to flee. Not sure what version or manner of code base they were using. But I remember thinking, so THAT'S where the myth came from ;)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Understandable as the myth of high stamina Cus having the power to "blink" (attack foes at surreal speed) was either disproven or was a bug that was fixed. I did see a UO video from a so-called free shard recently that showed a Cu taking down a mounted rider who was trying to flee. Not sure what version or manner of code base they were using. But I remember thinking, so THAT'S where the myth came from ;)
that wasnt a "myth" but yes it was fixed. that was about movement speed tho, not attack speed. high stam cus still attack faster with higher stam just like any other pet, or character.

wrestle base swing speed is 2.5
@90 stam attack speed is 1.75s
@120stam attack speed is 1.5s
@150stam attack speed is 1.25 (max)

its also beneficial (just like a character) to have a stam buffer to account for stam loss due to damage taken, curse, etc.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
that wasnt a "myth" but yes it was fixed. that was about movement speed tho, not attack speed. high stam cus still attack faster with higher stam just like any other pet, or character.

wrestle base swing speed is 2.5
@90 stam attack speed is 1.75s
@120stam attack speed is 1.5s
@150stam attack speed is 1.25 (max)

its also beneficial (just like a character) to have a stam buffer to account for stam loss due to damage taken, curse, etc.
I have my doubts that is true based on tests I've run, but I'd be happy to conduct tests with you.

All pets require two modes of speed - movement and attack - as you know. But when you say, "just like any other pet" that would suggest that a Rune Beetle with max dex, max eval, and very high poisoning would be the most deadly and move fastest. That may well be true, actually.

What I don't get is what these speeds, expressed in seconds, mean in distance over the ground.

Finally, any blessed Cu would have at least 150 stamina, putting all blessed "pre-patch" Cu Sidhes over max and, hence, nothing special. Just like Rune Beetles which never "blinked." These were my findings.

Thus I think this is all folklore, unlike Field Walkers: Greater Dragons with over 120 resistance to spells. They can penetrate mage generated fields, though more by hopping than by walking. And they'll do it every time.

What we can agree on, certainly, is that - apart from more hit points - the curse tamed pre-patched Cu has no special advantage over one that is not. Most had lower strength. Not sure why that was.

In short, the value of stamina in a "pre-patch" Cu is not practical value. It's more a collector value for folks who like to duel other tamers for top status outside the stalls of stables. This is a materialist exercise of faux status that rarely reflects actual player accomplishment. But it needn't be.

Every pet should have a tamer's mark like armor and weapons have a maker's mark. They should be stamped with the name of the player who first tamed them.

Last edited: