• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ships] Navigation with maps

Theophania

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am trying to figure out how you do this. I know that you can plot your course with a map then hand it to the tillerman and say "Start" My question is... when you are heading to navigation point two and you are stopped, what is the command to continue to point two without having to replot the course so that when you say start it does not try to go back to point one. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i thought that's what it was, but it did not work. i will try it again. thank you.
Not sure if it still is like this, but there was a bug of sorts when the new fishing came out where server lines reset the tillerman and you'd have to give him/her the map again and then continue. I didnt have that problem last night when I was using my map but that's not to say it's not something that could happen still

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
goto 2 (or another pin number)

at least that works for me.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I regularly sail with maps. Continue should work, make sure your back pack is open if you've crossed a server line.
I also use 'goto #' which allows you to start a course from somewhere in the middle of one already plotted or 'single #' to go to a single pin and then stop.
when using 'single #' if you're stopped, repeat the command. If you say 'continue' in that circumstance the tillerman will complete the full course instead of stopping at the required pin.

Theophania

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you all. i was finally able to try it again last night and continue did work. I believe the issue was i was navigating around a boat and did not exit before giving the command. thank you for the goto 2 command, i will try that today. Happy Fishing everyone.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leave the map in the hold of the ship, and after dropping it on the tiller once, it does not need to be shown to the tiller again, even if you change the course on the map, or aren't even on the boat yourself. They will navigate from it continuously, bar for server lines and mysterious sunken ships blocking the way.

The full commands are, as mentioned;

"Start" -> Goto point 1 and then follow the course until the end.
"Continue" -> Head for the last targeted waypoint and continue the course from there. This includes targets the tiller has chosen as part of the already plotted course. If he was on his way to 2, he will Continue to 2 and then onwards.
"Goto 1/2/3" -> Head to the selected waypoint and continue from there.
"Single 1/2/3" -> Head to the selected waypoint and stop at it.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having a weird problem with maps all the sudden.. when I click on it to plot a course it's just totally blue.. I can't see any land at all so I don't know where to plot.

P.S. I'm still pretty new to the fishing game so try hard not to laugh.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is it a world map or a sea chart?

I had that problem with world maps until I upgraded my graphics card, but sea charts were fine.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a World Map.. hmm and I do usually fish on my older computer..

Sheesh I shoulda checked that.. Thanks Petra thats what it was.. maps look just fine on the big computer.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a World Map.. hmm and I do usually fish on my older computer..

Sheesh I shoulda checked that.. Thanks Petra thats what it was.. maps look just fine on the big computer.
Player Cartographer crafted world maps are much, much bigger and easier to plot on than NPC bought ones too by the way; get one if you don't have one already! ;)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"Continue" and "goto" have never worked for me....