• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Navery Hole any shard 12 plat

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How much gold can a player hold with the new banking system?

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
unlimited, upon getting 999,999,999 gold +1 gold you then proceed to have 1 platinum; so you could in theory have 999,999,999 plutonium which I would consider unlimited gold.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
unlimited, upon getting 999,999,999 gold +1 gold you then proceed to have 1 platinum; so you could in theory have 999,999,999 plutonium which I would consider unlimited gold.
Then why would you ever need a BROKER anymore? Sorry if I am paying that much for something then it better be in my window so I can inspect it first.

Chump Thumper

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Then why would you ever need a BROKER anymore? Sorry if I am paying that much for something then it better be in my window so I can inspect it first.
if the items on another shard then your paying with. or at certain times to verify authenticity. etc.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if the items on another shard then your paying with. or at certain times to verify authenticity. etc.
At that price it better be on the same shard and displayed in my trade window. Why would you need it authenticated, why would you buy something you don't know what it is esp. at that price.

Chump Thumper

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
At that price it better be on the same shard and displayed in my trade window. Why would you need it authenticated, why would you buy something you don't know what it is esp. at that price.
you asked why i simply told yah why, Theres some things like resiliant bracers that can be imbued you would want a broker to verify that it can be before you bought it things like that. of course now there not worth much but there are things like that. but mostly different shards.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
15 plat sounds about fair for this item, @Zandor should just contact him with his price... we all know money isn't really an issue since Ivester owns more castles as any player and the fact he prolly owns half of all Atlantic Luna houses lol

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OP should just drop his buy and let them sit on it. Alls they are doing is taking advantage of him wanting something.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
OP should just drop his buy and let them sit on it. Alls they are doing is taking advantage of him wanting something.
It's a little different when the something you want is this limited in quantity, given how many either decayed, were confiscated by GM's, or belong to inactive players. There are really not many out there and I haven't seen one for sale in a long time. I believe the one sold by @Goodmann in mid-2012 might be the last one sold on these boards.

Even if you search this forum you'll find a bunch of posts about people looking to buy them, talking about how they've been searching for ages to buy them, and by the way the threads look they didn't get a hold of them.

And then you've got quotes like this from April 2013:
5 Bill is worth like what a bill was a year ago with all the duping that recently went on which is why I offer up seer items, or unique items for trade. Or just get it into the guy that originally owned the Sphinx statues hand, then there will be allot more of them out there for sale.
If 1b in 2012 was worth 5b in 2013, think about the value of gold now. The mid-2012 hole that sold for either 2 or 2.5b would probably be more like 15-20b, hence the numbers in this thread.

In 2013 Clops said this about a 5b offer for a hole:
Someone will probably sell for that price. The utility of this item paired with its rarity has to make it one of the coolest rares in game. I need to get a freakin Ter Mur house. My hole just takes me to the back woods on Tram.
And then said this within the last two weeks:
I have a 2nd on display in my castle. I agree with others above - 15p sounds about right.
I'm going to side with the guy that has acquired and currently owns two of this incredibly rare item.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree with DJ Diddles and the others regarding price. I brokered a deal for one on Izumo last year for 11 billion (I have no idea who the seller was, it was a brand new looking character named "sell"). The person who bought it packed up their house and left the game a few months later so I'm assuming that one is now trapped in their bank until they come back.

Adding in a years worth of UO gold inflation, that 11 billion would probably be around 14 billion or so right now. It was most likely sold for less than it was worth at the time too considering it was a small Asian shard and not Atlantic.

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
It's funny how everyone seems to know the value of this item as being worth 12p or less but everyone who owns one won't sell theirs for 15p offers. Nobody is trying to take advantage of anyone. Go back to stalking the uhall.

ivester77

Business. That's all it ever is...business.
Stratics Veteran
15 is fine when can I pick up the hole do u have icq 567457598

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I never received any messages from you at all. Mine is no longer available. Good luck on your search.

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Ouch! That's just cold, lol. Such is the life of a rares hunter though.

What did yours sell for, or is it off the market?
It's off the market. He kept saying he wanted to buy one but never responded. So I'm guessing he wasn't too interested or his icq was "broken" again, which seems to happen a lot. This is why @Restless got the time lord forge for 1b less than what ivester offered. He's just a pain to deal with. I will not be doing any business with said buyer in the future.

Admins warn me if you want but it's the truth!

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Certain people ICQs aren't verified and causes hassles w/ communication. But should be able to communicate through PMs just fine. Crazy how the market has blown up on these. Anyway good luck to everyone !

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh wait a minute, you could just post it here and be done with it or is this one of those hush-hush sales.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I decide to sell it or say what it sells for you will be the first I email.
Do you ever buy anything or just post dumb stuff?
LMAO So you THINK you have access to my E-Mail now that is a joke and yes I buy stuff from people that don't try to hide their transactions, we already know why they do not want people knowing what they are doing. I just love the fact that there are people that think they are being sly and that we have no clue as to what goes on behind closed doors.

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
LMAO So you THINK you have access to my E-Mail now that is a joke and yes I buy stuff from people that don't try to hide their transactions, we already know why they do not want people knowing what they are doing. I just love the fact that there are people that think they are being sly and that we have no clue as to what goes on behind closed doors.
No dummy, that was my way of saying that it's none of your business what I do with my stuff. All you do is troll and post stuff irrelevant to the topics. I could care less what you think. Your like the Paul Blart of stratics. Yes people sell stuff for cash in this game. If you didn't already know that then you haven't trolled enough yet. Or maybe your trolling motor is too small? And no I have NEVER seen a post of you buying anything on this forum. Maybe I shouldn't have said email, how about I send a singing telegram instead when I want you to know the details of MY transactions?

Last edited:

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I gave every opportunity for ivester to buy this for 2 weeks. After that I took it off the market. Not that it's any of your business. But I will tell you this: lots of stuff was sold on eBay not long ago. Some people don't have 15 hours a day to troll boards or farm gold and when you have a job then maybe it's easier and more profitable for them to buy gold. Ever think of that? Anyway I hope you don't get sent off to Paws for your bad case of trolliosis.

Last edited: