• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Navery bugged? Six charcters killed 53 Navery no tangle

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mel is so easy for the keys and the boss. you also get a chance at hair dyes.
Why dread over mel?
Because the RNG hates me with a passion and Never get squat from Mel.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mel is so easy for the keys and the boss. you also get a chance at hair dyes.
Why dread over mel?
Dread is fun to do with a group of dexxers.
For Mel you pretty much need dragons tanking and archers pelting her due to her -60% SSI debuf among other annoyances.
Also, she doesn't look like She Ra's horse, Swift Wind.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My husband has done Navrey a few times a week for 2-3 months and has had two Tangles in that time, I guess he was just very lucky! This was on Europa, first was in a group and second was solo.

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was on Napa Valley in the past three days. That was party and no party. Every character got looting rights every time. One character the same character got four Navery night eyes glasses. The group got two legendary items total. Seven other characters came down killed 5 navery. That is a total of 353 shared kills with no tangle.

I suspect a character bug since that one character is getting all the drops and was only unlucky not getting the primary drop.

Any suggestions?
Thank you
not sure if it just me but i found doing navrey solo on certain days/times give or take 30 minutes I would receive a drop every time. I only found this out after doing them pretty much every day throughout the day and writing down when a drop happened time/day.. did the same with medusa and found very similar findings just different days/times when I could know when a drop was gonna happen. just my 2 cents.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This thread has been cleaned up. As a reminder, it is still against the Stratics ROC to advertise or show images or videos of unapproved third party programs. Please use the report feature to make sure the appropriate moderators are aware of any such posts. Back to the topic at hand!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not sure if it just me but i found doing navrey solo on certain days/times give or take 30 minutes I would receive a drop every time. I only found this out after doing them pretty much every day throughout the day and writing down when a drop happened time/day.. did the same with medusa and found very similar findings just different days/times when I could know when a drop was gonna happen. just my 2 cents.
This is true. Happend to me, too!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reward mechanism UO relies upon most heavily is a simple "astronomically low drop chance for single high-value item" model. It's incredibly frustrating because any given attempt is overwhelmingly likely to end with the player going home empty handed. It's largely driven me from the game by making even the few pieces of relevant content this game has feel mostly pointless.

The example I always harp on is Medusa. When I think of how long it takes to grab the eggs and kill her and multiply that by the incredibly low drop rate of Slither, I realize that it's just not worth my time to even care about. At least if a boss dropped a kill token and you needed 50 tokens or whatever to get an item, I'd feel like I was making progress, but most of the content in this game is just a slot machine where you lose 99% of the time.
I think an "earned" reward system would be better than a random one in most cases. I'd still like a few random things, I guess, just for flavor, but it would be nice to know that even if it's a long haul, you are getting closer every time you do it.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get tangles whenever I want! I know an in game bug to get them. *Vendor Buy* thanks to you fine folks for farming them

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So when is the best time?

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is true. Happend to me, too!
the game is a grinder! after 15 years you are bound to find out how the system works.. =P

So when is the best time?
I can't tell you what the "best time" would be... i can tell you this.

that is where the grind comes into place... i did it about every day for a week or 2 and recorded each drop even if it was not me... (even when another person said they got one)

I am sure each server is different and times may vary. For me it was every tuesday and thursday at around the same time 10am - 11:00am 1 drop and a second drop at around 4pm - 5pm. (btw the weekends i never got a drop and some times i would get 2 drops in a row along with 2 navreys spawning at once so always kill that 2nd navrey after a drop and don't leave) i don't have my records any more of exact drop times that i recorded. I know not everyone has time to grind it like i did but if you are not getting a drop and doing it on the same day and or time you might want to think about switching up days and times you do it until you figure out that certain drop day. I had it down where i could log on and play in that hour and get a drop log off and come back around that 2nd drop time and get it.. i made several billions off tangles/nighteyes.

navrey2.jpg