• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Narvey Portable Entrance Issue On Atlantic.

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
It's making people do very stupid things in game that is effecting game play for others.
Eg: Two Gargoyles chatting about stocking up there websites on tangles whilst they are farming Narvey for 16 hours straight.

Also is there a reason people still use communication crystals whilst standing next to each other?

Last edited:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try yelling at the clouds, because trying to get anything done about this will likely net the same result. While the problem will still exist, at least the clouds will fear you.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Have no clue what your talking about, i have been doing navrey frequently and usually have to do by myself as hardly anyone seems to go there, occasionally you get a small group training pets, but that's rare as even on atlantic it is dead when i go there, worse on GL and others.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
are you asking to have Navrey removed from the game or something else? that title is confusing.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's more than RMT folk use that hole, and how would removing it solve the problem? The long wait for re-spawn stops most genuine folk from farming it, not the time it takes to get there for the first spawn. The only thing I could see putting a spoke in this particular wheel would be if you were teleported out to Underworld entrance similar to the way you are removed from Shadowguard encounters 60 seconds after completion.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe he's talking about the portable navery holes that weren't locked and are available from rare collectors. Theirs a couple that i know about basically its a hole you can lock down, drop yourself right down into navery with it..... But with the respawn timer, drop rates, it being navery.... its really not all that great or anything so i doubt the dev team is going to spend time worrying about items that aren't really being abused much anyways and they aren't effecting the game.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm guessing the problem the OP is referring to is pretty much an Atlantic one, I don't think anywhere else requires drastic action, on Europa it's only recently got busy at Navrey and that is with tamers training pets. But as others have said there are plenty of legitimate players that use the Navrey holes.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This item was never meant to exist and can be abused (and is).

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How many other items or aspects of UO does that sentence apply to?

Leave the Navery hole as is.
You are correct there are probably a lot but that does not mean exploits should not be fixed.

Well look at mouse holes - they were meant to be in game and they still nerfed them when they thought people were exploiting them to get into hidden parts of a keep.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You are correct there are probably a lot but that does not mean exploits should not be fixed.

Well look at mouse holes - they were meant to be in game and they still nerfed them when they thought people were exploiting them to get into hidden parts of a keep.
They're working fine as is. I see no reason to eliminate them now just because they originally started as a mistake/exploit. A lot of people use these and like it. It's one of the good 'exploits' that has benefited the local shard communities.

A lot of the other reasons in this thread sounds like people being sour that they're not rich enough to own one.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Eliminating the hole would not stop RMT peeps from farming this location for long periods of time.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Youre using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Narvey hole isnt the problem, RMT's blatent contempt for the ToS and EA's failure to reinforce said ToS is the problem.
This is true of an awful lot of issues in UO.
Eliminating the hole would not stop RMT peeps from farming this location for long periods of time.
Exactly.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well remember I play mainly on Siege so let me ask is this under fel or tram rules on most shards?

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Navrey hole's must have happened after i left, i take it this is something that teleports you straight to navrey, interesting but seems minor.I mean you what only save 60 seconds running to it?

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Navrey hole's must have happened after i left, i take it this is something that teleports you straight to navrey, interesting but seems minor.I mean you what only save 60 seconds running to it?
Unless you left right after Narvey was introduced. The holes were itroduced at the begining of Narvey.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Are you serious? Ive done hundreds since taming revamp. My Archer got a tangle at Luna bank when he returned for arrow reload. That's the only thing I've have recieved.

That has to be the lamest encounter for rewards.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That has to be the lamest encounter for rewards.
The drop rate is definitely a joke. Probably helped in killing close to 70 and only night eyes... so, yeah. I can't see any RMT folks getting rich off of Navery lol. If they were smart they would be farming Dread spiders instead.. even they would have a better gold to time ratio LOL

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Add some bosses to the corrupted portal. Hate walking especially with pets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Youre using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Narvey hole isnt the problem, RMT's blatent contempt for the ToS and EA's failure to reinforce said ToS is the problem.
Unless Broadsword gets into the gold selling business AND stops 3rd party proggies completely, RMT will never go away. Like you mentioned to the other guy, you too are trying to crack a nut with a sledgehammer.

EDIT: considering RMT take place using elements outside of the game, how do you propose enforcing the ToS? Broadsword would have to ban all trading to stop RMT...good luck with that.

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Unless Broadsword gets into the gold selling business AND stops 3rd party proggies completely, RMT will never go away. Like you mentioned to the other guy, you too are trying to crack a nut with a sledgehammer.
Not entirely true... if the could produce evidence of a profit loss, they could sue the makers of proggies, and RMT sellers for enough in damage + court + attorney fees that if they won..... well it would introduce some risk vs reward to the senario :p

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not entirely true... if the could produce evidence of a profit loss, they could sue the makers of proggies, and RMT sellers for enough in damage + court + attorney fees that if they won..... well it would introduce some risk vs reward to the senario :p
So player a sells player b coconuts, player b pays player a using currency outside of game. Game only sees player a giving player b coconuts. What you propose is completely unrealistic because in order for your hypothetical to work, the game would have to see the RMT taking place, and not just player a giving player b coconuts.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Origin doesn't sell game gold or any of the items that are farmed. How would they show a loss? They profit from the RMT accounts.

If Origin sold gold or farmed items, then you have a point.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Origin doesn't sell game gold or any of the items that are farmed. How would they show a loss? They profit from the RMT accounts.

If Origin sold gold or farmed items, then you have a point.
Time they've spent trying to put in gold sinks, GM pay during investigations of items or players due to RMT (Same with Programs) etc. these are also considered losses...

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why are people farming Tangles? They are like sub 14m....Wouldn't farming Blackthorn's Dungeon make more sense? Lootwise there are so many better mobs to farm too

What does the Navrey hole have to do with any of this? How is it being abused? It saves...like a minute off the travel time to Navrey?....And if you are farming it, its not like your making a TON of trips right?

Also, why would people who are "Stocking a website" even talking about it ingame?

"Oh no...the Navrey holes are gone. Now my 16 hours of continuous farming is going to have an additional minute added on"

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Time they've spent trying to put in gold sinks, GM pay during investigations of items or players due to RMT (Same with Programs) etc. these are also considered losses...
I mean, we could come up with lots of imaginary things which could be considered losses. Unless someone has actual knowledge of any of this?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are people farming Tangles? They are like sub 14m....Wouldn't farming Blackthorn's Dungeon make more sense? Lootwise there are so many better mobs to farm too

What does the Navrey hole have to do with any of this? How is it being abused? It saves...like a minute off the travel time to Navrey?....And if you are farming it, its not like your making a TON of trips right?

Also, why would people who are "Stocking a website" even talking about it ingame?
*shrugs*

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So if these holes are no big deal as everyone keeps saying then - eliminate them and no one should care right?

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's making people do very stupid things in game that is effecting game play for others.
Eg: Two Gargoyles chatting about stocking up there websites on tangles whilst they are farming Narvey for 16 hours straight.

Also is there a reason people still use communication crystals whilst standing next to each other?
Do these people being at Navrey somehow stop you from being there?
Can't you simply join the fight and get a chance at drop also?
They can't really stop you from being there!

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So if these holes are no big deal as everyone keeps saying then - eliminate them and no one should care right?
Why eliminate them at this point? You have not been able to give proper justification

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I personally do not want them gone because I am lazy.. most of the time I get very limited play time and in all honesty do not want to spend it walking to where I want to hunt. Heck, I can not wait until Mesanna stands good on her word and begins including more things like the Moonstone Crystal that allows us to "travel" to more places we have to walk to right now...

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The items currently exist. Those who want them eliminated (changed) are the ones that should present a valid argument against them.

*Disclaimer I've never seen let alone used a Narvey hole.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do these people being at Navrey somehow stop you from being there?
Can't you simply join the fight and get a chance at drop also?
They can't really stop you from being there!
Actually yeah they do prevent you from being there sometimes. There is one person in particular on Atlantic who sits down there literally all day some days, and whenever she sees another person she will intentionally drop rocks on them trying to kill them, harass them, try to get them killed various other ways including with exploits, and if the person still doesn't leave she will even go get Greater Dragons with multiple accounts and start releasing them down there just so they will attack the other player. I had to boot her from my guild 2 years ago for it, because I was getting such a huge amount of complaints about her behavior from many other players. When I asked her about it she pretty much said she does it to sell tangles for real money, and screw everyone else, she has no plans of stopping.

Having another player trying to get you killed non-stop makes it rather difficult to both fight the boss and avoid their harassment tactics. Having 5 of her released Greater Dragons attacking you at the same time doesn't help either.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually yeah they do prevent you from being there sometimes. There is one person in particular on Atlantic who sits down there literally all day some days, and whenever she sees another person she will intentionally drop rocks on them trying to kill them, harass them, try to get them killed various other ways including with exploits, and if the person still doesn't leave she will even go get Greater Dragons with multiple accounts and start releasing them down there just so they will attack the other player. I had to boot her from my guild 2 years ago for it, because I was getting such a huge amount of complaints about her behavior from many other players. When I asked her about it she pretty much said she does it to sell tangles for real money, and screw everyone else, she has no plans of stopping.

Having another player trying to get you killed non-stop makes it rather difficult to both fight the boss and avoid their harassment tactics. Having 5 of her released Greater Dragons attacking you at the same time doesn't help either.
What's seriously messed up about this is 10 years ago you would have been banned instantly for that with a perma ban... now no matter how often you page on people like this nothing will happen.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

How will removing the easy entry stop this behavior??

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
How will removing the easy entry stop this behavior??
As the old saying goes..

Pancakes will always be pancakes no matter what mechanisms you put in game to try and prevent them...

boy.. I hope the filter still works :pancakes:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*wonders how foolish he will look if he asks what RMT means*
*tries to unscramble what RMT could mean..... Real Mean Tomato's.... Rock'n Mountain Tattoo..... Ripe Melon Tippers..... gives up*

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
As the old saying goes..

Pancakes will always be pancakes no matter what mechanisms you put in game to try and prevent them...

boy.. I hope the filter still works :pancakes:
that actually sounds pretty good with Pancake in there!
thats very Sun Tzu.

"The pancake not know its not a pancake and will continue to be a pancake until acted upon by butter flavored aggression, then combined they become more than either one could ever hope to be alone, for together they become delicious!"
Sun Tzu

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seriously people, the special holes (which Mesanna has said are fine multiple times now) are not the problem. Getting rid of them is not the "solution" either. People will spend the whole 3mins to run to Navery and camp all day, I'm sure they can put the path on a rail.

The problem is the acceptance of asshats being asshats (calling it a "playstyle" and other deflection BS), both from plays AND Mesanna. Clean up the corrupt losers and the game will be better for the real players.