• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Naming Soulstones

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like the developers to consider placing the name of the last
users character name on Soulstones. I am not that concern about
the Soulstone fragments. But, by placing the user's character name
on Soulstones , it will make it easier to return these valuable items
to the only player who can use it, besides being deco!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like the developers to consider placing the name of the last
users character name on Soulstones. I am not that concern about
the Soulstone fragments. But, by placing the user's character name
on Soulstones , it will make it easier to return these valuable items
to the only player who can use it, besides being deco!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Now that they are not a promotion and just a vet reward - is there any harm in making them 'rebondable' if there is no skill on them.

IE - Account bound while skill is present. However, if I 'dump' the skill points and its an empty fragment or stone - why not make it 'bound' to the account that uses it?

That way we can trade these things around and such. As it is now, the IDOC ones are useless and rarely get returned to owners.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes, they are offen found in IDOC loot on Siege and players are storing them to the player rejoin UO and ask on SP forum if anyone do have them.
Alot do find their owner again but it would make it easier.

A

Aboo

That would be nice and take up less room than how I have them now. I have a wooden box engraved with the name of the account. Inside the box I have pouches each engraved with the name of the char and any soulstones or soulstone fragments for those chars are in the pouches.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a good idea, it should put the name of the char who last used it on the soulstone.

No to the idea about making them tradeable.

L

Lord Drakelord

I like this idea, someone once dropped off a red Vet reward soulstone at my tower, drove my daughter nuts, for weeks we had it locked down in the tower on the main floor looking/searching for the true owner. Had the stone been named by/for the owner it could have saved alot of time & trouble.

R

Righteous

I think this is a great idea. They should also be allow them to be reused on another account if they are empty when traded away.

Righteous

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a bad idea. This sounds like it would be simple to implement as well.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That would be nice and take up less room than how I have them now. I have a wooden box engraved with the name of the account. Inside the box I have pouches each engraved with the name of the char and any soulstones or soulstone fragments for those chars are in the pouches.

The account name I can understand, but why are you engraving character names, when any character can use it from that account? If they're scrolled correctly of course....

L

Lady Lovely

I was also thinking about this as I just moved some of my chars to a different shard. Between my husband and myself we have 5 accounts...3 of which are active...some stones were found that didn't match either of our accounts but its scary to throw them out because who knows who they belong too!
The account name would be risky imo because if someone ever got them from an idoc then they would also have your account name..but allowing us to name them..like a rune book or bod book would be nice...account 1,account 2 and so on. Great idea I hope the devs listen :p

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really!..................what a bad idea to have soulstones engraved with the ACCOUNT NAME of the owner!!!!!!!!

If they are visible (deco), then everyone would get to know your account name???
Can't believe that :gun:

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really!..................what a bad idea to have soulstones engraved with the ACCOUNT NAME of the owner!!!!!!!!

If they are visible (deco), then everyone would get to know your account name???
But without a password the account name does no good anyhow.

I still think we should just be able to re-bond these if they have no skills attached to them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I definatly would NOT want my soulstones engraved with my account names!.. That's just begging for trouble......

I do however have a "main" house with my 8 accounts I have to keep things somewhat straight so my "main" house has 8 chests in it... and inside each of those 8 chests are bags labled with the names of each of the characters on each of the accounts so I have one chest for each account and the bags in that chest are labled for that account with each of the characters names and then I have pouches that hold the soulstones for that particular account.... this way each character has a place to put items in a bag for them only...... and when I want to do repairs for my characters I just put their things in their special bag log in my crafter and I never mess up who's armor goes to who... This helps alot if I want to transfer things from one character to another too I just put things right into their special bag.

But as for putting an account name anywhere NO I'll never ever do that.....

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im for having these the "owned by" tag like on talisman. (not my account name but the char whose skill it came from)

also why cant you trade them when they are empty? i dont see any harm in that.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No way on account name at all, Just last Character who used it would be fine.