• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Name the Rebellion Against the King!

What should we name the rebellion

• Dawn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Brethren

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Victory and Defiance

• The Grand Coalition

• Independent Nations of Britannia

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The Scythian League

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • The True Sosarians

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Operation Royal Flush

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Heroes of Sosaria

• Knights of Destiny

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

Cymidei Fier

The rebel alliance needs a name that doesn't evoke Ewoks or limit us to a specific guild affiliation or alignment, packs some punch and all around sounds cool! Got ideas?

Here's some that were brought up during our meeting today with Kullervo Nystad:

Dawn
The Brethren
Victory and Defiance
Grand Coalition
Independent Nations of Britannia

Lets brain storm then vote!

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A couple months ago, I had this idea for an event where several faction and city leaders would come together to discuss how they would react to the ascension of Lord Casca, and possibly to declare their independence from the Kingdom of Britannia. A treaty of mutual aid would be offered, and dependant upon how things went, old grudges would be set aside in light of this new and powerful enemy.

As many of you also know, my ideas tend to sound good on paper but rarely get executed in a reasonable time. *chuckles* I still have a half-written "Declaration of Sosarian Independence and Sovereignty" laying around here somewhere, something I might finish.

With that said, I propose this name.

The Scythian League

Although it does imply the City of Scythe, it is not uncommon for councils or certain pacts to be named after the cities they were made in. Vasco was the first to bring the independents together on Thursday, therefore I suggest we name our pact after the historic ground upon which this event occured.

Z

Zyron

Yay names were my idea :>>>>

but in all seriousness....

The fluffy rebels.

Joking..

Umm...

But i was thinking of something to call ourselves.

like americans had Yankees
british had redcoats...

ect...

but as a clan....

Heroes of Sosaria..

Anti-Casca Rebellion

The True Sosarians..

im not very creative :loser:

C

Cymidei Fier

Rumors of a secret meeting with Kullervo Nystad, the mysterious brother of Lady Aino Nystad, were circulating widely yesterday. Kullervo Nystad is a Ranger who lives a simple life in the fringes of the Skara Brae wilderness.

After he heard about Lady Aino's arrest, Kullervo quickly gathered his belongings and fled before Lord Casca's men could find him and strike the farming family who had sheltered him. Kullervo's trail lead to the Dog and Lion Pub in Serpent's Hold where it was said he would appear in the afternoon.

The Royal Guards heard the rumor also and were searching the pub for Kullervo. Two Royal Guards appeared and demanded to know why we were gathered in the pub.

Royal Guard Leoric, the same guard who arrested Lady Aino Nystad, said that Lord Casca had told him to prevent any scenes from occuring. A clever bar wench whispered that we should use the switch in the next room when the guards weren't looking. One after another, we discretely filed out of the room and used the switch. The switch lead to a tavern in Buccaneer's Den where we waited for the arrival of Kullervo Nystad.

Kullervo urged the crowd of rebels, gathered adventurers and delegates from the Independent Kingdoms to unite under his banner to free Lady Aino Nystad, overthrow Lord Casca, capture Lord Saius and to restore freedom to the people of Britannia. The rebels want a good name to call our group that will unite us all as one.

We all agree that the time for diplomacy is at an end! Lord Casca's brutality and willingness to use taxes to hire mercenaries to eliminate the Independent Kingdoms shows that he is a tyrant who must be overthrown.

Lord Casca has also seized Lady Aino Nystad and held her in a cage, exposed to the elements without benefit of a trial, even though the cage is just outside the Court of Yew. Lord Casca has also erected a guillotine next to the cage and held the former Captain without food or water, there are even skeletons in the cage with her. Kullervo also said that there is one who may be able to greatly help the rebellion who we must seek out and win to our cause, the warrior Dawn who fought against Lord Blackthorn. Kullervo added that Dawn can be found near the City of Yew.

Kullervo is also seeking information from scholars on the black gates that have appeared in the Independent Kingdoms and the anti-magus crystals that Lord Casca is using to detain Lady Aino Nystad because attempts to remove Lady Nystad from her cage have failed by use of force alone.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, so that is why I was so confused. I heard nothing about the Lady Dawn. Something was absolutely buggy about that pedistal.

C

Cymidei Fier

Maybe call the rebellion "Operation Royal Flush" and put the outhouse on all our banners.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kullervo also said that there is one who may be able to greatly help the rebellion who we must seek out and win to our cause, the warrior Dawn who fought against Lord Blackthorn. Kullervo added that Dawn can be found near the City of Yew.
Has anyone found Dawn or looked for her? I spent an hour running around Yew and Empath Abbey but didn't see hide or hair of her. Are we supposed to be looking for her yet?

C

Cymidei Fier

Has anyone found Dawn or looked for her? I spent an hour running around Yew and Empath Abbey but didn't see hide or hair of her. Are we supposed to be looking for her yet?
Origin just got the publish and Dawn is in it. Educated guess, she'll be found sometime after Baja gets the new patch. http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=855

The relevant part says:
Dawn of Hope: Dawn returns to the land, vowing to save Britannia

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, Cym. I won't bother looking until after the publish. You saved me and my polar bear a LOT of running. *curtsy*

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the name, I like True Sosarians, but we should call our operations Operation Royal Flush.

Y

Yalp

Think of the war cries we can rally the troops to.....

SWIRLIES!
FLUSH HIS HEAD!
CLEAN THE BOWL!
DOWN the DRAIN!

our weapons can be engraved....

Bowl Brush
Clean Sweep
or the more riske' Turd Herder!:blushing:

T

Turdnugget

It wasn't just the pedestal...that spot is right on the server line.

Even after I left the event meeting partway through, I was still able to see what people were saying in the bottom left of my screen like it was a system message.

I don't think EM related stuff should ever be held in that tavern again.:thumbsup:

C

Cymidei Fier

Looks like we'll call the Rebellion, Operation Royal Flush and refer to the rebels as the Knights of Destiny. :) If you don't like that vote away cause that's what's winning so far.

B

Bucko the Kid

I dunno... since knights are always addressed as 'Sir', regardless of gender, I worry about the repurcussions from a certain few females. *You have been killed by Proserphina* comes to mind.

Respectfully,

Bucko the Kid

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Bucko means "Proserpina" =)

Also Knights dont really mean for mages back in these times as well....
I picked the True Sosarian's because thats what the land use to be called and Casca and his followers like to belittle Lord Brit, so its like a slap in the face to Casca by not calling ourselves Britannians but Sosarians is like saying we dont belong under Britannian rule, but Sosarian rule

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I would beg to differ. Sosaria refers to the entire world, therefore it would be like us saying that we believe we belong under "Earthian Rule."

True Sosarian's still works, just for different reasons. Its too late to change it, but I would also suggest "The Scythian Covenant" as opposed to my original suggestion, The Scythian League.

B

Bucko the Kid

Greetings All!

I thought this thread was about coming up with a name for the rebellion. Maybe a separate thread should be started for those that want to have a nickname for the rebels?

Respectfully,

Bucko the Kid

Y

Yalp

Rebellions seemed to have gained names from some past event where a loose band of people stood against (insert opposing force here)

The defense of the Ivory Throne seems in keeping in those lines.. a singular event that rallied the people together banding them and giving common cause for their actions...

Operation Royal Flush seems to fit that bill.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rebellions seemed to have gained names from some past event where a loose band of people stood against (insert opposing force here)

The defense of the Ivory Throne seems in keeping in those lines.. a singular event that rallied the people together banding them and giving common cause for their actions...

Operation Royal Flush seems to fit that bill.
Actually Yalpers if you really wanna get down to it, we all defended DT and Avalon first before the ivory throne....

C

Cymidei Fier

Ok the poll is closed the rebellion's activities will be called Operation Royal Flush. We have a tie though for the name of the rebel group, Scythian League or Knights of Destiny. hmm?

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to go with Scythian League or Covenant, the Knights of Destiny sounds like a superhero crimefighting group.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to go with Scythian League or Covenant, the Knights of Destiny sounds like a superhero crimefighting group.
But I am!

(I apologize to Wonder Woman for butchering that picture of her. I didn't have a lot of time to edit it.)

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol That picture just made me rethink this:

Let's ~definitely~ all dress up as superheroes and say big grandiose lines! That'll be hilarious.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I like the "The Scythian League or Convenant" as a name for us rebels.

WildStar