• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Najasaurus - 4 slot

Hasekura

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Good day,

I have a question. Recently i was thinking about creating the best 4 slot pet possible for a tamer and i came across Najasaurus. Stat wise very nice 2 slot pet with overcapped dexterity.

I was thinking that i could turn him into a decent PVP and/or PVE pet. Since you dont need to put a single point into HP and he starts with a solid around 250 strength. Also can reach more than 200 dex for chasing players/monsters and keeping up with you. Plus the natural ability to inflict lvl 5 poison on hit and has 150 to 180 resist spells.

What is your experience with this pet? Did you try to build something like this before? Ability to ride on a horse and have a great pet at the same time is very tempting.

Thank you

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Good day,

I have a question. Recently i was thinking about creating the best 4 slot pet possible for a tamer and i came across Najasaurus. Stat wise very nice 2 slot pet with overcapped dexterity.

I was thinking that i could turn him into a decent PVP and/or PVE pet. Since you dont need to put a single point into HP and he starts with a solid around 250 strength. Also can reach more than 200 dex for chasing players/monsters and keeping up with you. Plus the natural ability to inflict lvl 5 poison on hit and has 150 to 180 resist spells.

What is your experience with this pet? Did you try to build something like this before? Ability to ride on a horse and have a great pet at the same time is very tempting.

Thank you
Oh Oh!! I can see the poor Naja trying to hide from the nerf stick already..My poor Naja..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good day,

Thank you
Taming revamp has been out for almost a year.

Along with the other things, we have wanted to do this also.

There was one opportunity to use Five one slot pets. Then that went away. Would be nice if we could find some more options.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good day,

Thank you
I thought that even though dex is over-capped on a Naja that BS capped effective dex/stamina at 150 for all pets?

Anyhow, if you want the best power pet and still retain mounted speed, get a race change token and become a gargoyle. Then you can fly at mounted speed with any of your fully trained 5 slot pets. ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I thought that even though dex is over-capped on a Naja that BS capped effective dex/stamina at 150 for all pets?
Yes that is still the case. The Naja can at time be overcapped on the stat page but it will still not perform quicker than any other pet due to the hard cap being the effective/active side (however ya wanna say it)

Even with that being the case I still love the heck out of my AI/AP Naja in either PvE or some PvP (I do not do much).. the pois immunity and well as the 140+ resist spells makes it an easy pet to keep alive :)

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The Dex cap for movement speed was capped at 200 I believe. So anything overcapped can still move faster, just no more paragon speed for pets with 250+ dex

Gardo

Journeyman
Yes that is still the case. The Naja can at time be overcapped on the stat page but it will still not perform quicker than any other pet due to the hard cap being the effective/active side (however ya wanna say it)

Even with that being the case I still love the heck out of my AI/AP Naja in either PvE or some PvP (I do not do much).. the pois immunity and well as the 140+ resist spells makes it an easy pet to keep alive :)
I was under the impression it was a swing speed cap, not a movement speed cap. (Which is why stam reverts to 150 on a naja but the dex stays as is.) If in fact both dex and stam are capped, why are tamers so particular in making sure the dex is so high on creatures like najas, pheonix, etc.

I know for a fact I was told by several people on this board to look for a naja with over 190 dex for the additional movement speed...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It was both a SSI and a movement cap. PvPers were ticked off about quick pets running up and dismounting them too quickly.. and then they were ticked off about pets actually being able to keep up with them so the Devs catered to them and nefred the speed across the board to where they are crawling along now.

You should have looked for a Naja with high dex PRE-NERF.. since then it does not matter at all in PvM or PvP really. The only advantage I could possibly see with it being over capped is maybe when it comes to "push through"?? I dunno as I really have not been Fel side in a while to keep a close eye to see how the overcapped dex matters when it comes to that.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's what I remember as well, Kylie. I have a high dex Naja I haven't used since the nerf - maybe I'll take him out for a stroll for old times sake. :)

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
Somehow it feels like the overcapped dex does apply. My Naja seems to never stop hitting. And if it is constrained, at least stat-lowering spells don't affect it?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Hence everyone telling me to shoot for 190 dex on my naja. Makes sense...

Thanks for posting that info

Although it makes me sad for both my 219 dex naja and my 266 dex phoenix...
Nonsense..Dex of 219 and 266 still rocks..lol

Hasekura

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well... There is a noticeable difference in speed between 150 and 200... I know that for a fact, since i own a 200 dex Tsuki on siege and the speed is a lot better... Dont know, where the hard cap is... If you say its at 190. Could be true... I would believe that. And yea swing speed is always at 150 stam.

No, becoming gargoyle is out of the question... They suck, plus are ugly as hell. :D

I guess i will give naja a try, he sounds nice.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The great things about the Naja imo is they are the only pet I have found that you can stick Armor Pierce and Armor Ignore on at the same time. Load them with man and those love to hit often for the higher damage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well... There is a noticeable difference in speed between 150 and 200... I know that for a fact, since i own a 200 dex Tsuki on siege and the speed is a lot better... Dont know, where the hard cap is... If you say its at 190. Could be true... I would believe that. And yea swing speed is always at 150 stam.

No, becoming gargoyle is out of the question... They suck, plus are ugly as hell. :D

You should have these pets that are built:

Cu
Lesser Hiryu
Giant Beetle
Naj
A 100% fire pet

Covers all the damage types.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The great things about the Naja imo is they are the only pet I have found that you can stick Armor Pierce and Armor Ignore on at the same time. Load them with man and those love to hit often for the higher damage.
White wyrms, bake, unicorns, dragon wolves, Kirin, raptors, fire steed, cold drakes, elemental drakes.
If you change their magical: triceratops, dread spider.

Those were just off the top of my head.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
White wyrms, bake, unicorns, dragon wolves, Kirin, raptors, fire steed, cold drakes, elemental drakes.

The pets that can get both and have 650HP 700Str 800Mana 30MR 20 HP regen a magic (other than Poison) and all 120 scrolls
Are?

You can research this time. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Forgot Boura. And I guess that is a no on the other Q.

Would be nice if the pet types were balanced better.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Forgot Boura. And I guess that is a no on the other Q.

Would be nice if the pet types were balanced better.
There was more than one question? *confused*

White wyrm, off the top of my head. (Heading home from work)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was more than one question? *confused*

White wyrm, off the top of my head. (Heading home from work)
A big bulky pet. Bah

So we have a Naja, Boura, and a stupid dragon that can get both AI and AP and have a decent build.

Unless you have an LS pet that can.

So for the answer to the original question, we are back to the Naj.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Apologies for "necroing" this thread, but today we are looking at our pool of Najas and looking into what to do with them. The FWW + Poison Breath indeed looks tempting for a Spawning tamer, but several posts deal about the AI+Armor Pierce Naja (or WW, or Boura). We seem to remember to have read that when resists are somewhat lower (was it around 40?), Armor Pierce is the preferred choice, whereas with high resists AI is the better choice (despite the 10% drop in damage was it?) SO... Why would one want both on one pet? When the one is better, the other is not, so it seems to be a waste of mana when it uses the other? :confused2: Is it to circumvent the "extra mana penalty" for chaining AI?
We have also been wondering, would a Naja be a good pet to take to Dark Fathers? They seem resilient with their poison immunity but their resists will be lacking somewhere due to the 100% Poison resist? And also fire is the preferred damage to hit DFs with, will a Naja do enough damage?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(beacuse of the AP fad that went around) I put Armor Pierce on some pets, I regret not just putting Armor Ignore. They test near identical on a mid range Mob.

I still like my
upload_2019-1-27_15-25-38.png

But others like the FWW build.

I have yet to find a place where FWW kills more things that an AI/Chiv pet.
I thought it would be great at the mages at Blackthorns. But it just stood there and so did the mages.
My pre 97 Cu killed them better.