• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mysticism 120 imbue and focus or just one?

unloved

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so here is my question, my mage is
120 myst
120 imbue
120 mage
120 eval
100 focus
100 inscrip
40 med

If i take focus to 120 do i get a double bonus from having imbue and focus at 120 or is it the highest one affects it?
do you get a better bonus with imbue or focus?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do not get a double bonus for having Imbuing and Focus.
Both skills have the same effect on Mysticism spells.

The choice lies in having the Stamina and Mana Regen from Focus, or the ability to unravel and imbue items without switching characters from Imbuing. Since your template is almost all casting, you will probably want Focus. You can always swap the skills with a soulstone, if you find yourself hunting for imbuing ingredients and you are satisfied with your mana regen without Focus.

Stayin Alive,

BG

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah with that template I would stone off the imbuing and bump focus to 120.

You could then add another skill or maybe bump the med up to 100 or 120.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...... bump focus to 120....

Resurrecting this thread for a question for DJAd:

Why would you bump Focus to 120? What extra do you get with that 20 points?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Resurrecting this thread for a question for DJAd:

Why would you bump Focus to 120? What extra do you get with that 20 points?
With the particular template above with the ramdom 40 points in meditation I would simply drop that and raise focus to 120 is what I meant. Focus or imbuing is like the eval intel for mystics so it adds more power to spells, longer lasting RC's etc. If you got the room for 120 I would definitely choose it.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok... So you've found that the MR rate with 120 Focus is sufficient to not require any Med on the template... Interesting... I've always played casters mostly and didn't realize Med could be replaced by Focus, until I just now wiki'd it...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The regen rate for focus is much slower than med, but between focus and imbuing for a mystic, I'd pick focus 100% of the time.