• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mystic Worlds: Guild Wars 2 BWE2 - Good Times

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was searching on the internets and came across this nice little piece. I haven't took time myself to see what you can get in the gem store or try them out but this sounds really cool.

I hope all the GW2 Stratic readers enjoy this and danke to Mystic Worlds .

June 12, 2012

Guild Wars 2 BWE2 - Good Times

I’m still tired from the lack of sleep over the weekend. I had a good time playing GW2 during the 2nd Beta Weekend Event. Constant disconnects aside, it’s definitely the most fun I’ve had playing a MMO in quite some time.

The PVE content is good but the real highlight on that side is the dynamic event system. Most especially, when there are bosses involved. When it takes 25+ people fifteen to twenty minutes to take a boss down, it’s exciting and a huge rush. It’s very interesting to see how players are filling the gap of not having healers and tanks. People pop in and out, trying to hold the mob’s attention. Most everyone will try to revive fallen players – more able bodies helps! Players who are able try to intervene on behalf of others being hammered into the ground. It’s quite amazing to see everyone work together so cohesively without forming groups or communicating in chat. It’s like they almost give a damn. Imagine that. *Smile*

I still haven’t tried crafting or WvW. I’ll save both for the next time around. I’m done seeing content. I know, I said that before but this time I mean it. I’ve seen FAR TOO MUCH – more content than I ever allow myself to see in a beta.

While waiting for the closing event to start I purchased two costumes from the Gem Store. OMG, I loved the chef’s outfit. Not only was it RP-cute but it has animations/skills. You can plunk down a roasting pig, summon a sous chef and start a grease fire. I’m so easily amused. I never got tired of setting myself ablaze and watching my character roll around on the ground screaming. This is a MUST HAVE for me when the game goes live.