• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mystic/Mage for PvP?

C

Cyric_SP

I saw a template for a MysticMage (can't remember where) and I was wondering if this template would work for pvp. The template was:

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Mystic
120 Focus
100 Scribe

My first thought when I saw this was why focus and not med. After reading up on Mystics, focus increases mystic spell damage. How well would focus work for mana regen as opposed to having med?

Curious if anyone has tried this and how well it works. Would like to hear some input before I go out and invest time/money in the 120s I don't have yet.

Not sure on how to set my stats either. The char I was planning on putting this on has the following already (unbuffed) and only has a 240 cap so far;

Str 80
Dex 25
Int 135

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never ran this exact template but I've fought people who use it and it seemed to work well. I remember a big part of making this char work is you will need a large mana pool. I know a few guys who use spellweaving instead of scribe and they love that also. I also think going gargoyle is really the best bet (besides looking ugly as hell) you get some nice racial bonus's, 2mr that stacks on top will be important and you can throw RC's without dismounting. My main is a 40 med pure mage, it works you just have to be carful on how you use your mana, and I have alchemy meaning I have non mana offense so in a really bad situation I can still do some damage without expending mana. I remember when mysticism first came out this was the popular template and if you could survive the guys mana dump you would win. Of course surviving the mana dump wasn't very easy.

As for stats..get a +20 or +25 stat scroll it's pretty important for pvp. I prefer to run 120/10/125, but this is my playstyle. As I mentioned I am an alchemist, so I can just make potions if I run out, which to me makes stamina less critical. I don't stun punch of disarm much to begin with, and if I want a little more swing speed I can chug a dex potion. Point to all this is hit points= life and mana = damage. So I would focus on those 2 stats, life more so then mana but a large mana pool is important for low med temps.

The mystic temp I enjoy running has sort of been hurt by the poison changes but it is 80med/60spellweaving 120 mage/eval/focus/myst/resist spell. Crystalline ring for 20 focus and to counter mage weapon. Problem is no EP and you need a blank soulstone to get a circle. But it has been fun for me, full myst mage, with a splash of weaving and med to help pull mana back because I am a mana hog. Pixies + spell plauge can be nasty, get T storm for chokes, and a lot of nice buffs.