• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Mysteries of Ilshenar!

L

Lindae

So Alouenikah and I are making the most of our retirement by exploring dungeons, in the hope that some eldritch abomination from the deep places will do us in before old age does. We are concentrating on Ilshenar, because we both love Ilshenar, and because the hidden caverns of Britannia are dull and frankly tacky, much like its citizens.

Tonight, we found our way down to the depths of the Wisp Dungeon through a combined force of Alouenikah's stealth, my charm, and our combined talent at running away from things. There we found a smoky vortex. As we drew close, it spoke to us, and what it said was "Sil Pri Tas."

http://i52.***********/wa38lx.jpg

(Please ignore Alouenikah bloody well standing in it like a fool. His first response to things that want to kill him is to hug them.)

I spent many years studying the languages of ancient Ilshenar, but this is not a phrase that I recognise from the old or the modern tongues. Do any of you have any idea what this thing is, and what it means? I am fond of Ilshenar, murderous though it is, and I wish to leave no stone unturned.

Thank you in advance,
Lindae

PS - Before you all start getting outraged over my "tacky" remark, let it be known that I stand by it and will not retract it under any circumstances.

PPS - Tarrant, if you are thinking of answering this with "I have the answer... but it comes at a price" or something similar, don't even try it.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: What does "Sil Pri Tas" mean?

Just can't kickstart a good day without first mentioning heavenly units.

L

Lindae

So, what does that mean? The first star? Is that the corpse of the first star?

Is Alouenikah going to turn into a comet?

What does it mean?!

L

Lindae

Ugh, Gargish. I cannot stand the language. But on that note, Alouei and I found another smoky thing.

http://i52.***********/fof684.jpg

"Ark Sur" means, crudely, either "Hide the sun" or "Hide from the sun." I am guessing that whomever wrote it is not fluent in the tongue. Does anybody know what these things are, and who is responsible for scattering them around Ilshenar? The place is spooky enough as it is.

L

Lindae

And what is this lunacy?

http://i55.***********/oko1hv.jpg

It came sprinting out of the darkness, scared the pants off us, refused to speak, and then disappeared as quickly as it had come. I am a medium, mysterious ghost! I speak your language! Gah.

Oh Ilshenar.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read it as "Keep away sun." Still crudely written but in human translation I am getting the message to keep the sun away. Since it is in dark caverns it's the most logical explanation I can come up with.

So it's hid from the sun, described in gargoyle language it, looks or disguised to be built by the gargs themselves. Now this could lead to many questions.

Was the gargoyles forced to build it by someone else?

Could the elves have something to do with it and making it look like the gargoyles did it?

Could it be a a human that was behind it's creation and disguised it under gargoyle langauage for their own and any followers purposes?

Did the gargoyles build it for some offensive or defensive uses of their race when needed?

Does the Royal Council know of this device?

The sun is in the mix of this. Wonders if the sun rays could touch it would it harm it or create something that the people would tremble in fear of?