• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Macefighting] Myst or Weave

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK i need help as i'm going around in circles here.....

Which would be the best one to build a Mace fighter around, Myst or Spellweaving???
Everytime i think i have a good argument, i then think of somethingfor the other skill and round and round i go.

I'm not interested in Sampires or really in Big Bad boss soloing....i just want something fun that i can go wandering around multiple lands and just whack monstoers that get in my way.

Ideally i'd like to head into Eadon lands where everything seems to poison area or poison attack every hit so for this i started thinking Stoneform from Myst....but then i got a little lost with pro's and con's.

Any input would really help. :)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the following template (or something similar):
Fencing 120
Tactics 100
Mysticism 120
Focus 120
Healing 100
Anatomy 100
Chivalry 60

The good: Can work in groups and solo, even to some end-game content.
The good: It's really hard to kill this guy when he's in stone form. Like really really hard. (Heal by potions, healing stones, bandages and cleansing winds in addition to higher resists and poison resistance)
The bad: He doesn't kill anything quickly. Special moves cost more mana than your "typical" warrior template.

My own personal problem: The suit requires mage mods as well as warrior mods, making pieces expensive.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are you running that temp without Bushido or Parry?
Was my understanding you needed one or the other.....or just bushido to negate the need of a shield using 1-hand weapons?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Why would think Bushido or Parry is necessary? Those are complimentary skills but hardly mandatory.

kalexpor

Adventurer
i checked out that "mysticism skill stone form" works in pvm!!!
i just have raised mysticism skill upto 120.
i guess "mysticism skill stone form" will also work in pvp.

feeling is also very good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and i also use the protection spell at the same time.
at least in pvm, it is very good.

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may be getting things wrong as it's been a while but i thought if you used a 1 hand weapon you had to use a shield aswell or you incure a HIt penalty.
This penalty is negated if you have a shield (and parry).
Also using Bush allows you to use a 1 hand weapon like a 2 hand weapon and thus no penaly incured for having an open hand?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may be getting things wrong as it's been a while but i thought if you used a 1 hand weapon you had to use a shield aswell or you incure a HIt penalty.
This penalty is negated if you have a shield (and parry).
Also using Bush allows you to use a 1 hand weapon like a 2 hand weapon and thus no penaly incured for having an open hand?
If it is, it's news to me. I haven't had any problems since my return (with EJ).

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i checked out that "mysticism skill stone form" works in pvm!!!
i just have raised mysticism skill upto 120.
i guess "mysticism skill stone form" will also work in pvp.

feeling is also very good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and i also use the protection spell at the same time.
at least in pvm, it is very good.
Having not tried it lately in PvP, I wouldn't dream of actively looking for a fight in stone form.

You're slow, so you won't be able to attack people or get away from groups.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Being on foot in pvp = death. Unless you are in protection, and constantly just spam cleansing winds....you will stay alive for a lil bit longer, but you wont be moving.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
It would work very well with either. There are two templates though the play styles are different. You could either do Mace/Myst which is for a Stone Form Dexxer, I'm not really playing at the moment so cba to flesh out the whole thing for you but it uses bandages and chiv, in stone form you can't be poisoned or have your stats lowered which leads to quick bandages providing you set your levels right. Also you need to figure out your resists to be all 80's in Stone Form. Possibly higher if you want it to be corpse/protection proof. This is quite an easy suit to build you can Imbue it with 100 LRC. IIRC it is played in Prot.

Other option is to go 4/6 Chiv and Weaving Macer. Use a shield (without Parry) for the FC bonus (unless there's tons of easy FC available now that I don't know about). I previously used this with Fencing for a 'choke buster' pvp character years ago. But it's adaptable and fun to play a hybrid for ****s n giggles. You could also find a way to stick wraith form on there because spamming thunderstorm/wind and leeching back mana is great on a dexxer.