• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My PM To Cal_Mythic & Response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jesus...will the drama of silver/faction items never cease??

S

Shalimar/Cleo

Personally I think being in a faction should entitle players to a bit of something extra. I'm not knowledgeable enough about equipment or the habits of a faction player to know what it should be however.

There does need to be a choice between faction or not, simply because we're entitled to choices...especially after all this time, in this game, and the old adage that 'we get used to what we know'. Maybe I have a different outlook than most players do because of the role I play, I'm not sure, but I do believe it's bad form for any player to try and interfere with another's right to play as he/she wants to, which the removal of these items would do. So items need to be made more available to all...not removed.

I do agree with you that for some players, any amount of top level equipment would not make them much better a pvper, (myself included) that takes practice, knowing what to do and when to do it etc., and a lot of us simply are clueless and will always be clueless.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions...but unfortunately people have dug trenches for their side of the factions arguement

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone needs to try and understand that we don't want things easier for just us, we want them easier for all. So try to choke these down if you will:

What's so bad about re-implementing cursed arties at a higher drop rate along with marties?
Whats so bad about it is that Kage failed to mention that in his request, so it does appear that he's not too concerned about anyone other than himself. That is the impression that most of your guild gives.

R

Rumpelstiltskin

I don't want 1999 back, I want factions items of the shard and I want business back to the crafters.

I have not PvP'ed sinse we got Faction artifacts, that's true. There is no way I can kill a player in factions gear without a imbued suit that cost several mills and that may not be enough to be even.

We will need Devs help to get the cost of a suit down, but faction items is not the way to go. Better drop of Artifacts, gems and imbuing resources is the way.
My suit for pvp needs a Crafted weapon, Gorget Tunic Gloves and sleeves,

The only artifacts I used would be an Orny, Folded steedl glasses(which are impossible to get non faction) Fey leggings cost like 50k, woohoo big deal. and crystaline ring)

But if I was not in factions here is what I would use,

Imbued weapon Crafted arms sleeves tunic gloves(same items)

, Personal blessed Orny, 0/3 ring, the helmet with 15 dci, fey leggings....

I think that factions ruined pvp, I 100% believe that, but that is because people are scared to die, and lose points go into stat or lose their items....
not because of the items,

Lowering the faction silver cost is a great step for siege as a community allow items easier to obtain, which gives the casual players an opportunity to compete against the more frequent players,

and the reason the poeple in factions are so much stronger is not because of their suits, its because they are stronger pvpers,

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats so bad about it is that Kage failed to mention that in his request, so it does appear that he's not too concerned about anyone other than himself. That is the impression that most of your guild gives.
That is because he's not trying to ram a million things at the developers at once. I'm no programmer by any means, but what's easier. Reducing silver prices, or adding a chance of an artifact to spawn, on however many creatures they choose? Think about it...

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is because he's not trying to ram a million things at the developers at once. I'm no programmer by any means, but what's easier. Reducing silver prices, or adding a chance of an artifact to spawn, on however many creatures they choose? Think about it...
Give me a break. He was out to get what HE wanted done and to hell with everything else. Same old Kage... Same old.. whatever your guild name is this week! You all have proven time and time again that you only care about what benefits you the most and to hell with the rest of the community. The insults and condescending tone of each of your guildmates posts proves that over and over again.

Try working FOR the community as a whole, instead of against it.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For one Kat we have always tried to help the community... Your guild in fact has always done quite the opposite if I remember lets see you guy have always done nothing but grief the people who tried to come over to siege murdering them while they was new, and training skill and looting the little items they had and worked very hard to obtain...

Give me a break and go back to your private shard...

R

Rumpelstiltskin

Give me a break. He was out to get what HE wanted done and to hell with everything else. Same old Kage... Same old.. whatever your guild name is this week! You all have proven time and time again that you only care about what benefits you the most and to hell with the rest of the community. The insults and condescending tone of each of your guildmates posts proves that over and over again.

Siege is dead CLOSE It for a classic shard!

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone needs to try and understand that we don't want things easier for just us, we want them easier for all. So try to choke these down if you will:

What's so bad about re-implementing cursed arties at a higher drop rate along with marties?
No. That is the impression you had and your post is a vain attempt at "ahah! I knew it all along."

His guild is who has pushed ALL of the changes (including the ones you hope for) years before you ever jumped on the bandwagon.

Why haven't you yet figured out that your "me, me, me first" mentality isn't working for the WHOLE community?

Why don't you try living by your own advice, preacher.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we just read shal's quote and forsaken's post and drop it? This thread has gone on long enough...

Kat, you're not helping. All you're doing is starting more **** up, as usual. It's not even true, you just don't like BFF.

The poll was already made, all we're doing now is waiting for them to change it. Reducing faction artifact prices is already passed into the dev's list of things to do, isn't it?

Can we post about something that doesn't have to do with changing the way UO works?

How about double rainbows? I saw one three days ago and cried. :sad3:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we just read shal's quote and forsaken's post and drop it? This thread has gone on long enough...

Kat, you're not helping. All you're doing is starting more **** up, as usual. It's not even true, you just don't like BFF.

The poll was already made, all we're doing now is waiting for them to change it. Reducing faction artifact prices is already passed into the dev's list of things to do, isn't it?

Can we post about something that doesn't have to do with changing the way UO works?

I saw one of these over a year ago. I too cried... :sad2:

The triple rainbow (tertiary rainbow) will be on the opposite side of the sky as the primary and secondary rainbow. The triple rainbow is rarely seen since it is even dimmer than the secondary rainbow and is on the same side of the sky as the sun. Most people do not know where to look for the tertiary rainbow. It is erroneously thought that the third rainbow is above the secondary rainbow since the secondary rainbow is above the primary rainbow.

R

Rumpelstiltskin

and I can pretty much solo doom the entire gauntlet, I dont need faction arties.

But they do allow 90% of the temps to work, without faction arties or a crazy MR suit, mystic is worthless, 90% of the mage temps are worthless... the only effective temp would be a tamer mage,

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Did Mythic and Cal agree to drop the price of silver AND all those extra changes or was it more of the lets look and see???

E

Elmer Fudd

Typical Kat...Champion a cause you know nothing about...you cant PvP but your the first to shoot down the concerns of the PvPers?

Why? because you dont like us as a guild and your narrow minded...your rhetoric gets so old...u wanna talk about crafting and other stuff...go ahead...but keep your narrow minded underdevloped opinion about pvp concerns to yerself

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Typical Kat...Champion a cause you know nothing about...you cant PvP but your the first to shoot down the concerns of the PvPers?

Why? because you dont like us as a guild and your narrow minded...your rhetoric gets so old...u wanna talk about crafting and other stuff...go ahead...but keep your narrow minded underdevloped opinion about pvp concerns to yerself
If I thought for one minute that Kage or any of you had whats best for the shard in mind when Kage sent that PM to Cal, he would have my support, but most of us KNOW BETTER than to believe that for a second.

As a guild, I have no respect for most of you. From the 5 years of experience I have had with most of you, you are selfish and petty beyond words. Kages post above is just more proof. No biggie. Carry on.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No. That is the impression you had and your post is a vain attempt at "ahah! I knew it all along."

His guild is who has pushed ALL of the changes (including the ones you hope for) years before you ever jumped on the bandwagon.

Why haven't you yet figured out that your "me, me, me first" mentality isn't working for the WHOLE community?

Why don't you try living by your own advice, preacher.
Are you just bat **** crazy or do you really believe all that? LMFAO

Wow... Anyone that has been paying attention during the past year knows that none of what you just said is true. Thanks for the laugh, though! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.