• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My mom is Kirthag.

D

Darkling

My mom has been in a serious car accident, which is why she hasn't been online. She is alright, out of the critical stage, but will not be online for a while. She was kind of coherent today and begged me to come on here and tell you people she is sorry for not hosting her event, which I assume was the hunt the lady thing (her character name is all over it).
She also asked me to check on her vendors and stuff in the game, but I assume she has friends who can do that so I won't. I don't play UO anymore and wouldn't have any idea how she wants things done, she's anal - and if you know her you know what I mean.
She knows you guys will pray for her, which makes her giggle a little because she is pagan. But it put a smile on her face before the drugs took her to sleepyland again so I guess that's a good thing.
She will be in the hospital for a while as her medical condition has us all worried she'll have another stroke. If anyone has any business with her like house sales or stuff, sorry. Everything is on hold, or as she says, don't wait-business is business.She also said she still owe gold to a few people on some transactions for rares. Please pm this account as I have instructions on how to take care of them.
I will log back on in a couple days to let you all know how she is. This game and the people in it has been a huge part of her life since I was a kid and I know many of you will want to know how she's doing.

K

kalzaketh

best, hopes, and strongest wishes for your mom's speedy recovery, my thoughts are with her. :)

Q

quig

Your mom is a huge part of the Napa UO community and is extremely fun and funny to play with! I will pray to the UO gods for her :), and tell her we wish her well soon.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Known your mom for about 8 of my 10 yrs on Napa, she's a tough cookie. She'll beat this, like she has beaten this game & many other obstacles in life. That ol Celt is a good one. Take good care of that great mom ya have & tell her to get well soon, we'll say a lil prayer for her.

ps tell mom I am going to let one other person know too that she has played with for many yrs & has since quit a little while ago. He would want to know.

A

Anderuin

I hope she gets to doing better. She's such a sweet and nice person. :) Tell her to take care.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please send your mom my wishes for her quick and complete recovery.

BlissMarie

F

five oclock

I wish her nothing but the fastest and best recovery!!!!!

Shes in our hopes and prayers...

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your mom is quite the Lady, as I'm sure you already know!

My best wishes and hope for a speedy recovery go out to her!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Best wishes for your mother from all of us here at Stratics.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hrmmm... That came off as rather cold. I understand where your mother comes from. Many of us here consider our pixelated friends as dear as those in real life. If something kept me away, I would hope some one would come and let my friends know.

So... Let me try that again.

The Stratics staff (many of which are pagans) hopes the powers that be will speed your mother's health and well being along. We look forward to her return. Yes, I do recognize the name, even though I do not play here.

D

dielock

I will pray to the Gods or God for her quick recovery.
As far as her vendors go. Unless someone else has her account information, no one can take care of her vendors. So please take care of them for her.

D

Darkling

Thanks everyone. I printed this and took it to mom - she cried. Happy cry I think.
Her response:
Snakeman: Telling him won't matter, will it?
tirrag: She still hasn't seperated the google stuff, please be patient she asks.
fiveoclock: The bar tender in her tavern has been instructed to give you free ale. If not, let her know and she'll replace her.
Black: She still wants a unicorn.
Tebryn:I'm supposed to set up a vendor for you? Please PM me here. Sorry, I don't do that chat stuff.
I am taking the laptop to her tonight, but the hospital has rules about wireless connections so I'm not too sure if she will be able to log on or not, but she it itching to.
And dielock, you're right. I got the third degree yesterday, so I did restock her vendors. If the prices are off, its my fault. I did find her price sheets, but I'm not sure if they are completely accurate.
She is doing better. Still drugged but yes, she's a "tough cookie". I'm on leave for the rest of the week and hopefully she'll be home before then and pancakes me out for ruining her vendors.

O

OxAO

Darkling did she have a stroke during this ordeal?

I got a great idea we should all go to Pecm’s church and pray for Kirthag fast recovery.

D

Darkling

No. She had a stroke about 4 years ago because of some illness she has. The accident was caused by some idiot who was drinking and driving. His car slammed into mom's friend's car. Mom was flung from the car even though she was wearing her seatbelt. She flew about 30 feet from the freeway and slammed into another parked car then landed in someone's yard. They called the ambulance.
She doesn't really remember much as she was just about asleep when the accident happened. She'd been working late again and caught a ride with one of her friends. Her friend was okay, a little beat up, but his car is totaled. The bolt holding the seatbelt was not installed well or something was rusting out or something like that.
The drunk ******* took off. We are still looking for him.
Mom suffered a few fractures, a major contusion, and some internal bleeding. Its the contusion and bleeding that is keeping her in the hospital. She suffers from some weird disease that clots her blood and causes strokes, which is why the contusion and the bleeding are not good. She's been on some serious blood thinners for years and had to give up all kinds of things like horseback riding and sword play. She does what she calls "pillow sports", much like fighting with boffer weapons. You know, she's very much like her character in UO I'm finding out.
She had surgery to fix the bleeding, and is on so many drugs now its not funny. Talked to the doctors earlier who said wireless is a nono in the hospital, so I won't even bother taking the laptop to her. She probably won't be very coherent anyway if she logged on, we have a hard time understanding her as is. Although might be funny to see what she types.
If not for the quick thinking of the people whose yard she landed in-------
But she's okay and yeah will come back as fiery as ever. That's mom.
Thanks for "listening", the rest of the family here just wants to hunt down the ******* who did this. No one really wants to talk right now, all too angry.

F

five oclock

Thanks for the updates!!! and tell her we are praying for her :D

also tell her WOOOT thanks for the free Ale!!! Hope she gets a chance SOON to sit in this empty seat next to me to share a bottle or 10 :D

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I just got back into town and WOW!! Let her know she is in our prayers as well and we will tuck a little card in the mail to her :)

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice to hear the good positive update on her, that's great.
And who says toons can't be good therapy :lol:

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, hope all is well with a speedy recovery and my wife, who's pagan also, wished to send healing energies(?).

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just got out of the hospital myself and heard what happend!!! damn! i hope she has a speedy recovery!..keep us posted as much as you can!
any leads on who the drunk driver was?...my personal opinion would be to tie the guy up and....well you know the rest lmao

F

five oclock

Otis leaving the mental hospital dont count as a real Hospital. :D

Also does your idea deal with ants and honey?

Na..Right now Im just focusing all me positive energy on her well being :D I do hope the hospital let her have her lap top..In this day and age :D

also in no time she will be kicking butt again :D

S

Salya Sin

OH NO! I just got back today and saw this! I'M SO SORRY! Tell your mom to get well and take care of herself... UO's not going anywhere!

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just got out of the hospital myself and heard what happend!!! damn! i hope she has a speedy recovery!..keep us posted as much as you can!
any leads on who the drunk driver was?...my personal opinion would be to tie the guy up and....well you know the rest lmao

Otis there is a differance between a hospital and an asylum. second pagan or christan i still pray for ya, yu dont have to accept just let it hover around. I was wondering if te car she hit after leaving her car was totaled also. If it was im not suprised. I saw it in Twilight so thats what im imagining. Also Tebyrn ill set you up with a vendor at my hose in luna free of charge until she returns just send me a PM and let me know

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
can you feel the love?:heart:

hi everyone! i'm okay.... at home... i escaped the witchdoctors and somehow woke up in my own bed about 20 minutes ago. hehe :stretcher:

i luv you guys.. yu know that?

got some good drugs... pain killers are the best... makes you see things and everything is alright. maybe i can take a on greater dragon! lmao! hard to type with my hand and arm splinted so please no real chat eh?

to answer questions...

1 - the jerk was caught. he's in jail.... and yippee! he has insurance! now the insurance companies are going to duke it out. hopefully will get some of that money soon to catch up on bills. good thing my taxes came in! i think someone did paperwork for my tdi.... i cannot remember... foggy brain

2 - the car i bounced into is kinda messed up - good thing it was a newer model volvo! only a dent in the roof and a cracked windshield. doc says my fat arse is probably what saved the car! all that sitting and programming and playing uo ! hahah!

3 - i am not going to kill my son, yet. altho i feel no pain so maybe now is the time to strangle him - but i suppose he did right. sorry to worry everyone

not gonna be back up to par for a bit... mostly just laying across my desk and checking the status of things. damn.... out for a few days and all my interenets are outta whack!

thanks guys... don't care they say napa is dying - is the love here that makes us alive, eh? pixels or not! i keep saying is the people.. you people... you guys are the best bunch! *sniff*:sad3:

i better stop before i was all mushy on you and ruin my uber celt barbar image! HAHAHA!

did i say i luv you guys? :grouphug:

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got word (checked my email, thanks snake)

I'm glad you're home and doing better, kiddo.

[So this one's the Bar Bar, huh?]\ :stretcher: /[yup, she's gonna be mad when she wakes up]

Ok bad attempt at humor but you know my Irish wit, lol.

Rest up and get well soon, An faolchu geal :thumbup1:

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
happy to hear your home and doing well Kirthag!!! and also very glad to hear that they caught the guy!!!!!, hope your felling better soon and get plenty of rest Miss!!!!!

D

dielock

Great to hear your back and am still praying for your full recovery.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:thumbup1: On both :thumbup1:

NP Rog & glad yer home Kirth. Rest up & do what the Doc's say rolleyes:.

F

five oclock

WOOT Welcome back!!!

a word of advice tho..get a lawyer :D I have learned from that in past experience...

and second thing...

Plz don't zap me..But all your ale is gone..I think.... :D

seriously tho..welcome back..glad to know you are Ok :D

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Yeah I sure bet your happy to be home and typing. Check your PM's

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
yeah.. gots teh lawyer person. he's the one that kept me wake all day today about papers and afidavits and something else but head hurts so won't think about it right now.. just gonna take a few of thosw wonderful pills and go lay down

of note - i WILL be there for pretty mels deco contest! just... dunno how "pretty" the entire thing will be... we'll see! the llama head tavern is gonna go through some changes.

saw doc earlier today and i will be typing funny for a while - two finger kind. hard to hit that shift key right now

and NO i will not take a picure for the rl thread! omg - i look like :gee: all over! so no Black, dont even think it will happen

okay... pill time. i hope to wake up in about 6 to 10 hours for some hunting, my vendors are in need of inventory and my backstock is really gone. my chests all mixed up and plants dying. serves me right to let my son log in... auch

oh - good note... whilst i was in hosp. i lost 10 lbs! hahah! iv-tube diet!

O

OxAO

That is ONE nasty accident.
you are one lucky girl.

That seat belt could of gotten you killed. What make car do you have/had?
you have more then that drunk to be pissed off at.

But don't do it. you MUST take it easy for your own health right now.

B

Budweiser KDL

Kirthag,

I just logged in to stratics after a few days off.. Glad to see you are ok and glad to know your son kept us all informed.
Good luck on a speedy recovery and don't let snakeman have any of your GOOD drugs! ;)

Best Wishes.
Bud

L

Lady Willow

Apparently I don't check Stratics nearly as often as I should. I'm terribly sorry to hear of your accident, my heart goes out to you. Sending you warm hugs and a bundle of healing energy. Get well soon!

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thanks hun! :)

on that note... lawyer and insurance company say cannot go after auto manufacturer - the bolt area where seatbelt goes wasrusty - vera badly. the jolt broke the entire bolt assembly from the body of the car. joy. my friend feels so bad about it - but hey, doo doo happens

his insurance is paying for the car i landed on as well as some of my medical expenses. the drunk's insurance is paying the balance of my medical, lost wages, & some pain and suffering stuff... lawyer taking only 10% of that

dunno full amount yet as still going thru all this... but best part.. .the drunk is in jail for a looooooooong time and will be there too. cannot post bail so is stuck there until hearing (sometime in the summer)

but am feeling better - not up to par... but so much better now.

will be hunting soon and restocking and getting events going again real soon so yeah... am spit & fire & kicking still. ^.^