• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My house designs

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Decided instead of just creating a new thread everytime i make something new, im just going to post all my houses i've made and decorated on this thread :)

My latest which i've just finished, my docks. It needed to be useable by my guild so decided not to go for one of those illusion docks that extend into the water as they are not practical.

My last encampment plot:

My main home:

My old Nightclub 'CLub Strategos' that had a grand and busy opening halloween party :)

Old Arena:

Old Town Hall, the building partly designed by my old Guild Leader Twothumb :) and the rest done by myself.

Hehe the first plot i designed, my guilds old armoury, as you can see it didn't turn out very well, i wasn't that good at it back then:

Old Old Headquarters, built by my friend Hanse Davion and decorated by me:

Our last Headquarters which i ran a competition to design the building with a prize of 20m, unfortunately i can't remember who won and designed it but it is a great design and deserves a view. I decorated it myself.

Thats all for now! Thank you for looking :). Im currently working on a Chaos Castle so will post that up when im finished :) Might take a while though as its a big project :) Will also post up some of my other guildmembers designs when i get a chance :)

Last edited:

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Superb designs, really amazing and creative what you did with the nightclub!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah i really liked the nightclub, unfortunately the account with it on closed and the club fell before i could reopen to save it.

But did have a really good halloween party there! Heres the screenies from it. (MAY CONTAIN INAPPROPRIATE IMAGES)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And here it is folks! My last and final design! Im afraid to say that im leaving UO, this time for good i do believe, i've just spent the past months finishing this before i left though, had to finish what i started :).

Its been a pleasure :) You are all such great designers and i've thoroughly enjoyed looking at all your amazing work! I hope you all carry on building and decorating for as long as you enjoy it :).

Take care my friends!

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Truly amazing work, Escaflowne! Thanks for sharing with us....

Two questions, if you don't mind...
1 - (See pic below), how did you create this?
2 - Why are you leaving UO?

Sorry that you're leaving, hope you re-consider... But, if you don't - have a great life!
;)

Last edited:

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya - when i saw that - i said the same thing. would like to know how to do that.

T

Tazar

Truly amazing work, Escaflowne! Thanks for sharing with us....

Two questions, if you don't mind...
1 - (See pic below), how did you create this?
2 - Why are you leaving UO?

Sorry that you're leaving, hope you re-consider... But, if you don't - have a great life!
;)
It looks like a depth perspective illusion.

On the back tile (where it all appears to sit) you'd have a base shadow iron (or probably Black Dyed) shield for the bottom - and then green dyed bag-balls stacked with another black shield on top. Probably somewhere in the stack is a hidden comm-crystal to add more to the green glow.

On the tile just SE of it would be placed another green bagball with the statue on top - and then both of these are raised to the appropriate height to create the impression that they are on the same tile.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah Tazar is bang on there :) you create it using two tiles, on the front tile black bagball, green bagball and the zombie, then on the tile behind green bagballs and black bagball on top :) Then i think i raised the front parts up with a interior decorator so it matched up with the back.

And im leaving because i've played since 2000 and UO just doesn't interest me anymore, i've done pretty much all parts of the game and it was the Europa RP community that kept me playing for all this time but now RP in general has shrunken to such a small size i just dont find it fun anymore. I had a year and a half break came back last november and played for 4 months properly but then quickly got bored again. For the last 6 months i think i've logged in like 4 times to decorate that last house and thats about it. So its time for me to move on unfortunately, UO is just great memories for me now :). I said i'd only return if they made UO free to play as only then will it have a good shot and reboosting the games numbers again and perhaps reviving Europa Roleplay to a large size again.

Last edited:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand, Escaflowne... Hopefully the number of active players will pick up again, once they finally remove the monopoly on vendors with the implementation of the ingame vendor search. Come back in 6 months and check with us.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some truly creative ideas in those designs. Like the loading crane for your dock house. I love the overall setup of your main house too!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Do you mind if I add this to the Home Tours?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure be my guest Kayhynn :) you'll have to use the screenshots here though as i've now torn down all the houses of deco and such. And thank you for all the kind comments :)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks! I'll attribute them to you :) I'll make them a part of the home tours but will note that the homes no longer exist because you've left UO.