• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

my friend just got banned - what's the procedure for filing an appeal?

mihali

Sage
Noi idea, I hope others know, Is there a message when your friend tries to log into the game?
By the way what caused the ban?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Email Mesanna with the ticket number. And I think there is a dispute email address in his notification email.

If he was harassing other players by pretending he is the UO police, then it will not be taken away.

He can get his account back next year.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
everything he needs to know will be in the email that will follow a day or 2 after he got caught or actioned against.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
nothing like that - he was out on a boat with his 8 accounts killing plunder beacons - he puts up 8 clients at 640x480 on 2 monitors and controls them that way - it's doable because he's not running around - just standing in 1 spot on a boat - he's been running 8 clients for years - I top out at about 3 but he's been doing it so long that he's used to it - I guess they didn't think anyone could control that many clients at once so that's why they banned him - but like I said, he's been doing it for so long that he's just used to it - he kinda lives for this game like me and it's a shame that this might make him quit - I hope not

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is what happened to Garth Grey. Who is going around paging on people doing beacons like that?

If you see a player doing this. Ask them to let you join. Don't page on them! Geez

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is what happened to Garth Grey. Who is going around paging on people doing beacons like that?

If you see a player doing this. Ask them to let you join. Don't page on them! Geez
Stupid self appointed UO police! People need to MYOB - MINE YER OWN BUSINESS! Unless it's breaking the TOS/ROC Shut YER cake hole!

People who do this to other people in game need to be hunted down in game and rez-killed out of existence!

mihali

Sage
nothing like that - he was out on a boat with his 8 accounts killing plunder beacons - he puts up 8 clients at 640x480 on 2 monitors and controls them that way - it's doable because he's not running around - just standing in 1 spot on a boat - he's been running 8 clients for years - I top out at about 3 but he's been doing it so long that he's used to it - I guess they didn't think anyone could control that many clients at once so that's why they banned him - but like I said, he's been doing it for so long that he's just used to it - he kinda lives for this game like me and it's a shame that this might make him quit - I hope not
Is there anything in TOS stating we cannot use 8 or more clients same time? If not, then he should be able to get his 8 accounts back, or get back his one real account and the 7 EJs also. Unless there is something clearly stating that using more the xx EJs accts same time forbidden.
He needs to email/call the right places and should be able to get his account(s) back. But needs to get to it right away.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well it wouldnt be 7 EJ accounts because they put that cap in that you can only run 1 per ISP now.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i use to have that constant fear years ago when i ran 4 accounts.
i would be at an event or something and i have 2 comps with 4 screens and it was very manageable.
but i was always worried someone would page on me and id be off in the corner explaining myself to some GM.
now, of course, im older and my reaction time is not what it use to be so i only run 2 or 3 at a time.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
pretty sure theres more to it then that, ive been paged on before a GM pops up and talks to you, if you have a conversation with them they wish ya farewell and go on their merry way, if ya dont respond well thats another story

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
some will talk to you, some won't. i got warnings because someone paged on me and i was logged out. the GM actioned my logged off toons. some wont even check if your there, just teleport you to jail. So, some GMs are good, some suck bawls