• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

my first champ scroll

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, you will have to understand... this is a big step for me... so I am pretty excited :) I haven't quite mastered the art, and I just setup new macros, so I should start being a menace...
anyways
Late last night, a guild was doing coon in despise... there were too many of them, and a great dragon I didn't want gnawing on my corpse... so I waited patiently and started looting the gold on the ground... I was coming back for round 2, but a returning member from the guild had traded his horse for a blue beetle... luckily this fellow had been attacking coon, and was a human mage, so I could stealth circles around him...

I positioned myself next to the gate that goes to the star room... said character moves in to collect the last of the gold, nearly filling his beetle... I snoop... OOOO 110 meditation - not the greatest scroll I could ask for, but it was looking pretty :)

I steal! Success!!! I run as I wait for my animal form macro to kick in... they character tries to pursue... remember the blue beetle full of gold? muahaha I am betting he got the "your mount is too fatigued" message...

I am walking out of despise, head held high when I see the character is hot on my trail... I pick up the pace a little, taking a left, or was it a right? Anyways this guy had to be tracking me... casting earthquake frantically wanting his precious scroll back....

lefts and rights, lefts and rights.... the character finally gives up chase... Woot!!! 110 meditation all mine baby!!

~CrazyUserName guy~

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happy I am for your sucess! First steals are so filled with pride! Rewards are yours!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Now, you will have to understand... this is a big step for me... so I am pretty excited :) I haven't quite mastered the art, and I just setup new macros, so I should start being a menace...
anyways
Late last night, a guild was doing coon in despise... there were too many of them, and a great dragon I didn't want gnawing on my corpse... so I waited patiently and started looting the gold on the ground... I was coming back for round 2, but a returning member from the guild had traded his horse for a blue beetle... luckily this fellow had been attacking coon, and was a human mage, so I could stealth circles around him...

I positioned myself next to the gate that goes to the star room... said character moves in to collect the last of the gold, nearly filling his beetle... I snoop... OOOO 110 meditation - not the greatest scroll I could ask for, but it was looking pretty :)

I steal! Success!!! I run as I wait for my animal form macro to kick in... they character tries to pursue... remember the blue beetle full of gold? muahaha I am betting he got the "your mount is too fatigued" message...

I am walking out of despise, head held high when I see the character is hot on my trail... I pick up the pace a little, taking a left, or was it a right? Anyways this guy had to be tracking me... casting earthquake frantically wanting his precious scroll back....

lefts and rights, lefts and rights.... the character finally gives up chase... Woot!!! 110 meditation all mine baby!!

~CrazyUserName guy~
Just wait till you get your first 120, you'll be ecstatic. I finally got mine a couple weeks ago 120 Fence...best part was watching the mark and 4 of his/her friends spend 30 minutes looking for me....

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yes! Sometimes the best part is lurking around and just watching....

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't wait for my first 120... have to get used to all the fields and stuff first, and where it stand, etc. someday... I am sure you all will hear of it when it happens :)

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Excellent job!

We'll go hit a couple spawns together soon here. ;)

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wait till you get your first 120, you'll be ecstatic. I finally got mine a couple weeks ago 120 Fence...best part was watching the mark and 4 of his/her friends spend 30 minutes looking for me....
Wait, what? when? :yell:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Wait, what? when? :yell:
Yea I know your wondering where the episode is....:-( it was 5 am and I didn't have my screen shot utility on :-(

**goes and stands in the corner**

N

Nickster

congrats my man!
I have stolen a fair few powerscrolls but they have been from players who are carrying them around, not got one at a spawn yet (i am on GMT so often the spawns are just dead when i play)

I tip my hat to you sire, keep up the good work.

what shard are you on?

R

RichDC

Made my first 120 steal yesterday!!!

120 animal lore, not the best but what a rush...especially as my presence was already uncovered!!!

They chased me into Terethan keep, i hid, one stam blocked on me i opened his pack and SWiPE!!!!

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any 120 is good in my book... or I'm just really unlucky. I've done so many spawns, stolen dozens and dozens of 115's. I've only even SEEN maybe five or six 120's.

Part of the reason I hate spawning.

Good job.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mostly go for the pink scrolls :) not the same as a 120 PS, but they seem to spawn in the players backpack more frequently :p

I did manage to steal a +15 stat scroll, 2 days ago...was like wft...tought all hope was lost when i saw all the fields, red's blue etc etc running around like mad.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any 120 is good in my book... or I'm just really unlucky. I've done so many spawns, stolen dozens and dozens of 115's. I've only even SEEN maybe five or six 120's.

Part of the reason I hate spawning.

Good job.

It doesn't help that on Siege, even when a small group of players completes a spawn, they actually know how to thief protect themselves. Personally, I prefer to wait outside the scroll vendors and wait for someone else to purchase them, then steal them. The biggest thing now for me, is to have detect hidden on my template when I am going out stealing...there are a lot of players with a minimum of GM stealing in their temps nows, so we have to be able to locate a mark before we can steal anything from them, lol...la

Fresley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't help that on Siege, even when a small group of players completes a spawn, they actually know how to thief protect themselves. Personally, I prefer to wait outside the scroll vendors and wait for someone else to purchase them, then steal them. The biggest thing now for me, is to have detect hidden on my template when I am going out stealing...there are a lot of players with a minimum of GM stealing in their temps nows, so we have to be able to locate a mark before we can steal anything from them, lol...la

Ive always run with detect hidden. More than once ive gotten into a DH/Hide war with a mark. Its also good for heartwood scriptors.

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
congrats my man!
I have stolen a fair few powerscrolls but they have been from players who are carrying them around, not got one at a spawn yet (i am on GMT so often the spawns are just dead when i play)

I tip my hat to you sire, keep up the good work.

what shard are you on?
I play the Great Lakes shard... haven't been able to get on lately to practice... but thank you :)

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Made my first 120 steal yesterday!!!

120 animal lore, not the best but what a rush...especially as my presence was already uncovered!!!

They chased me into Terethan keep, i hid, one stam blocked on me i opened his pack and SWiPE!!!!
Congratulations Rich!!! that sounds exciting!!!