• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My classic paladin

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Finally I crafted new suit for my favorite char:
Paladin questions

Main idea is to use 120 Chivalry with 55 LMC, 16 MR, 4/6 Casting.

Initially he has:
120 mace/chivalry/resist
100 tactic/anatomy/parrying (there is no much sense to have 120 in those skills)
75 focus

The first test - paragon balron - had been done easily. I even didn't use potions.
Then I did a champion spawn. I used Holy Fire on 1-3 levels. The Rikktor was easy.
Then I went to Invasion. I killed few masters including The Sampire (pretty difficult task for other melee templates). The only drawback was low damage without Perfection.

I decided to add Bushido. So I replaced 100 Parrying + 75 Focus with 120 Parrying + 55 Bushido. In a result I lost 35/4 = 9 chance to block (from 30 to 21) but get 5 mana reduction for special moves (from 23 to 18).

I went to Invasion and killed few more masters. I felt OK without Focus. But I wasn't able to reach Perfection. With 55 Bushido I need 1 to 6 miss/hit ratio to gain perfection. Most of time I had 10-20 damage bonus. The Assassin was easy but very annoying. I couldn't use weapon with HLL so I needed to use Close Wounds to heal. But it kept me poisoned so I was forced to cure myself before healing.

I decided to add Healing. 75 Parrying looked to low for me so took 75 Bushido + 100 Healing. I also crafted two Gargish Mauls to use DS against bagged (tripple HP) masters.

I went to Invasion and earned 30 artifacts (15 masters) in a two hours before the server went down. It's about the same rate as my Melee Archer has.

I'm going to test Peerless but I want to get Sacrifice firstly.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
5. Skills I have
Mace Fighting 120
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Chivalry 120
Resisting Spells 120
Throwing 5
Bushido 75
Healing 100

Total skills: 750

6. Stats I have (260 cap)
STR 128, DEX 120, INT 42
139 HP, 160 Stam, 82 Mana
(150 HP, 190 Stam with potions)
45 HCI, 30 DCI, 100 DI, 20 SSI
55 LMC, 16 MR, 4 HPR, 4 FC, 6 FCR

With 128 STR I have 120+ STR when cursed (150 with potions).
I need 120 DEX to have 5s healing. With potions I have 140+ DEX - 4s healing - even when cursed.
I need 120 Stamina for max swing speed with a Disc Mace and 150 Stamina for Gargish Maul.

1. Armor pieces (stone)
45-80-56-62-47; reinforced +5 phys/fire/energy, -15 dci (75-90-70-85-75 with orny, shield, veil and glasses)
5 HPI (25 HPI with Slither, Crimson)
40 MI, 40 SI, 32 LMC (40 LMC with Orny)
10 MR
15 HCI, 10 DCI

2. Shield
5-1-4-4-4
1 FC
5 HCI, 15 DCI, 25 DI, 5 SSI

2. Artefacts I use
Mace&Shield, Slither, Conjurer's Garb, Lieutenant Sash, Crimson, Unforgiven Veil, Mane Talons (for Night Sight), Ornament (for 2 FCI)

3. Jewels
Ring: Healing 15, FC 1, FCR 3, DI 15 (40 free intensity)
Bracelet: Ornament of Magician
Ring: Phys res 5, FC 1, FCR 3, EP 50
(I use the second ring to drink potions)

4. Weapon
Disc Mace: Super Slayer, HLL 100, HML 100, HSL 34, DI 40 (6x with each slayer) **
Disc Mace: HLL 100, HML 100, HSL 50, HLA 44, DI 40, 100% Chaos damage (the main weapon) **
Disc Mace: HML 93, HSL 50, HLA 38, HFat 50, DI 40 (for monsters with TLF)
Disc Mace: HLL 93, HML 93, HSL 50, SC (FC -1), DI 40, 100% Cold damage (for acid slims)
Disc Mace: HLL 50, HML 50, HSL 36, SSI 35, DI 40 (for Lady Melisande) **
Gargish Maul: HLL 62, HML 62, HSL 36, SSI 35, DI 40 (for DS)
Gargish Maul: HL 50, HML 62, HSL 20, SSI 35, DI 40 (for DS, vs TLF)
Serpentstone Staff: HLA 50, Balanced, HCI 5, DCI 15, SSI 30, DI 60 (to drink potions, for Dismount)

** pre-patched
TLF = Tainted Life Force Aura (cause life leach to hurt me rather than heal)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you mean as ** pre-patched ?

It means prior to some Publish (i.e. old weapons which you had stocked up from time back ...) which it means they are no longer craftable ?

If they are no longer craftable, this means that other players will hardly be able to get them nowadays ?

I noticed also, that to counter (or tone down) the negatives effects of Tainted Life Force Aura, you have 2 separate weapons one with no HLL and the other with only HLL 50% (I assume HL means HLL...).
Also, the Disc Mace carries Hit Fatigue (how would Hit Fatigue help reduce the negative effects from TLF when all it does is reduce the targets stamina by 20% ? Having less stamina gets the target not to use TLF ?) but no SSI. Also the intensities for HML and HSL vary quite significantly.
Basically, they look as 2 entirely different weapons in what they do.

Now, if they are meant to counter the same negative effect, TLF, why are they so much different ?
DS stands for ?
Thanks.

Disc Mace: HML 93, HSL 50, HLA 38, HFat 50, DI 40 (for monsters with TLF)

Gargish Maul: HL 50, HML 62, HSL 20, SSI 35, DI 40 (for DS, vs TLF)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pre-patched means it is not possible to craft such item nowdays
you can notice that all new weapons have maximum 93 HML/HLL
You mean, you had weapons without magic properties from years back just laying around so that now you could reforge them up to 100 HML/HLL ? I see.........

Whis it the Publish that created this difference between weapons that were created before the Publish and Weapons that were created after the publish ?

So, for all weapons created now it is not possible to go beyond 93 HML/HLL through reforging and imbuing?

Since I have also laying around some weapons, shields and armor from years back (mostly those with charges..), is there anywhere that I can read more about what can be done and what not with these "pre-patch" items through reforing and imbuing ?

50 HL means 50 Hit Lightning
Hit Fatigue is a very good mod (imo the best) for free slot (since I needn't HLL)
So Hit Fatigue is just a modifier you like, not really a properties that necessarily counters the negative effects of Tainted Force Life Aura ? How is it that you consider it the best when all it does is reducing the stamina of the target by a mere 20% ?

The Monster will hit a bit less, ok, how is this such an important thing in a fight to make Hit Fatigue the best property to have ?
Thanks.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
1. No.
2. I don't remember.
3. Yes.
4. I don't know.

5. Yes. Practice.
6. Compared to other mods.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Very nice, I think I am going to give this a try and see how I like it. I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Why did you go gargoyle? I read your Paladin Questions thread and did not see an answer though it is possible that I overlooked it.
2. I had a human started for a template similar to this, how do you think a human will compare to the gargoyle?
3. Is stone gargoyle armor comparable to plate human armor?
4. I see most similar templates take anatomy and tactics to 115 or 120. How does the gm in those compare to say dropping healing or resist down some?
5. I see that one ring has 15 healing on it. You show 750 total skill points so what is the other 15 points in and what is it on?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Is there an effective "poor man" suit that can be crafted for those that do not have hundreds of millions to spend on arties? I have the crimson cinture and mace and shield glasses already but the rest are way out of my price range and not available for sale on Chessy right now. :(

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
1. To use Disc Mace
2. A human can't get 100 HLL/100 HML on a fast 1H weapon.
3. A stone armor is similare to a studded armor
4. You may go without Healing (6x 120). In this case you also may switch between bushido and parrying.
5. It's a typo. 740 total skill points.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Is there an effective "poor man" suit that can be crafted for those that do not have hundreds of millions to spend on arties? I have the crimson cinture and mace and shield glasses already but the rest are way out of my price range and not available for sale on Chessy right now. :(
You need an Orny to get 4 FC. Other items may be cheap. (well, you can use a cursed orny)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have tried Slasher. Without Parrying and with only 100 Healing chances to die under Stone Rain is about 50%.

Darcor

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is it one of the latter patches that made 100 HLL impossible to get? made some 100 HLL a few month ago...

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
That's doable - just use a longsword, then you can imbue 100 HML and HLL. Just need 20 SSI on the suit then.