• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My character can't join factions :(

Nalif

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the story: My brother and I joined the ShadowLords faction at the same time, found they weren't active enough for us on our server, and decided to switch over to True Britanians. We both left at the same exact time. We waited for our faction terms to end, and several days later, he could join True Brits while I could not. I get the error message "You are allied to another faction." or something to that effect. So I figured "Fine, no big deal. I guess I must have a few hours left on my term or something." I tried it a few days later, and it was the same deal. I paged a GM, and got a canned response linking me to this post in the knowledge base:

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cf...&p_accessibility=&p_page=&p_lva=114&nextlink=

I paged back, saying "My account is not young, I'm not in a guild, I've only joined factions with this character, and I left my previous faction five days ago." An hour and a half later, I received a canned response linking me to the same knowledge base entry. I've now been linked back to this knowledge base entry seven times, and only on the eighth page has a GM even taken the time to talk to me. On average, I wait at least an hour and a half per page!

He teleported me around to various faction stones, told me to try and join them, and when I couldn't, he said he manually removed me from factions, but that I would need to wait seven more days for everything to be finished. So I waited for seven days, and I still get the same error. Now it's been eight days, and still the same error.

How is it possible my brother and I did the same thing, and he was able to join three days later, and it's been over a month for me now, and I still can't join factions?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check the other characters on your account. Chances are one of them was in a guild and the guild leader went to factions or something. You can't have characters in 2 different factions on one account (well you can but it's a bug to do it).

S

Saleena

Another thing you could try is make sure you have logged in all of your characters. I had a problem joining factions on a couple of my accounts it gave me the same message saying you have diff faction affiliations someone told me to log onto all of my characters, reguardless if they are in factions or not then try and join. I did that and then I could join:)

Nalif

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check the other characters on your account. Chances are one of them was in a guild and the guild leader went to factions or something.
None of my characters, not even my main are guilded.

Saleena said:
Another thing you could try is make sure you have logged in all of your characters.
Thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a try, but no luck :(

This has to be a bug. I've check and double checked everything - no guilded characters, my account is not young, I've left my previous faction, and I've been out of my faction for weeks now. I joined factions with only this one character, no other character. I'm so tired of paging a GM to wait for hours on end, only to have them rudely send me on my way without even saying a word to me. Seriously, out of eight pages, only one GM takes the time to talk to me? I just want to try factions out!

K

KickEm

umm do you possibly have any faction items that are affiliated with a certain faction? Like a faction robe. I know this stopped me from changing factions once.

Nalif

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a faction robe somewhere, I'm sure. I really hope that's not what's caused this though. That would be insane.

edit:

Found the robe, tossed it on the ground, and once it decayed, tried the stone and still get the same error: "You cannot join this faction because you've already declared your allegiance to another."

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember you can't see your faction tag if you are in trammel.. maybe you joined a character and forgot about it? I'd take each to fel somewhere just to double check.

W

wee papa smurf

What i'd do is log on every server u have chars on and see if any of them are in a faction, and a quicker way of checkin to see if ur in a faction is log in and simply say "punkte" if nothing comes up then ur not in a faction, if u say punkte and a number comes up (in my case its 2324:D) then ur in a faction :p

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have a character in factions on the test center ? I know test center shouldn't effect accounts, but in your case it might be effecting yours.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
If you have another character in factions on that account leave factions on that character.

Nalif

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I don't know if they took pity on me or what, but I paged a last time, waited in line for five hours ( !!! ), was given the same canned response linking to the same knowledge base entry ( despite telling them I had already read it, and that it didn't apply to me ) , and now for some reason I can join factions. Weird.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know you won't want to hear this but since you can't get it fixed by a gm, you need to send in a bug report and an Ask a Question through their wonderful data base. I know the dev's read UHall, maybe post there as well.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like your problem is resolved. For future reference, you might also be able to find the character that belongs to a faction by checking each character's information in the Character Search section of UO.com. Characters that are in factions show the appropriate logo for their faction in the upper left corner of the page with the character's paperdoll.

Also, if you have a character that is having trouble getting out of factions, here's something to try if nothing else has worked:

• Have your bugged character leave any guild that it currently belongs to.
  • Get a friend to start a brand new guild that is not allied with any other guild. Have your friend go to the sign-up stone for the faction your bugged character belongs to and join the faction.
  • Then have your friend invite your bugged character to join his guild.
  • Next, have your friend take his guild leader character to the faction stone in the base and leave the faction.
The guild leader leaving the faction should force all characters in the guild out of factions in three days.

You can check the time remaining for any character by saying "What is my faction term status." Characters that are not in a faction see no response to this question. Characters that are in the process of leaving the faction get a time estimate. Characters that are in a faction but not in the process of leaving get a message that says something like, "You are not in the process of leaving the faction."

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Sounds like your problem is resolved. For future reference, you might also be able to find the character that belongs to a faction by checking each character's information in the Character Search section of UO.com. Characters that are in factions show the appropriate logo for their faction in the upper left corner of the page with the character's paperdoll.

Also, if you have a character that is having trouble getting out of factions, here's something to try if nothing else has worked:

• Have your bugged character leave any guild that it currently belongs to.
  • Get a friend to start a brand new guild that is not allied with any other guild. Have your friend go to the sign-up stone for the faction your bugged character belongs to and join the faction.
  • Then have your friend invite your bugged character to join his guild.
  • Next, have your friend take his guild leader character to the faction stone in the base and leave the faction.
The guild leader leaving the faction should force all characters in the guild out of factions in three days.
That doesn't work in all cases because the guy we tried to recruit to our guild was already registered as in factions even though he was blue (not orange). When we tried to guild him we got the msg about not being able to guild someone in an opposing faction or some similar verbiage. What we had to do was get his other character on his account (who was already in our guild) to leave the guild and the faction. Somehow that cleared his other character.
The character was blue and not in a guild or faction, but was able to put me into stat. He went to each stone and tried to click them to no avail. I let him kill me to test the faction status and he did put me in stat and I did lose points, he on the other hand got no message when saying "punkte" or "showscore" nor were we able to put him in stat.
He was only able to join SL when he took another character on the same account out of SL. IDK how or why this works but I am sure it can be exploited to hell and back.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That explains alot. The other night I was getting chased by a bunch of blues and they got me before I could get a teleport off to the abbey roof and I was in stat.

I thought that faction archer had popped out and I just didn't see it.