• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

my battle mage template

T

teutates

Hello,

I would like to share my battle mage with you.
Because im really fond of it :)

If you only like pure mage templates click away this topic now...
Because you probably don't like what you see here.

I have to explain a little more about this template then just the skills
Because it only works with the right gear and stuff.
This is how it will be because i'm not there yet need to train some skills some more.

First of the skills.
  • Focus [gm]
  • magery [gm]
  • evaluating int [gm]
  • Resisting spells [gm]
  • spellweaving [gm]
  • Bushido [gm]
  • hiding [50%]
  • Anatomy [50%] *edited after advise* (50% tactics)

I can almost hear some of you think "ehh say what..."

But the gear and stuff

Swords of prosperity (mage weapon -0) 100% swordmanship
A lesser hiryu (a nice tank and attacker)

lrc suit with
  • sdi +3
  • int bonus+14
  • fc+1
  • lmc +7
  • hpr+3
  • sr+1
  • mr+12
  • mana increase +25

(tangle+frostguard+missing string cloak) help collects those stats

Why do i think this combo with skills and gear works ? aka pro's

Well you have the spells of a mage, when a creature is to close you can hit it with your sword& bushido skills (honorable execution , lighting strike , momentum strike)

Honorable execution saves your life when used correctly instant hp

Your pet adds a more reliable power source then elemental summons it doesn't disappear when you need it the most...
But you can have a earth elemental with your hiryu.

The spellweaving skill adds some more offensive spells.
The gift of renewal spell and the attune weapon gives you a temporary tank ability.
The gift of life can be used to save you or your pet.

hiding gives you the ability to safely regen mana

cons that i acknowledge.

You cant use all your bushido skills
you dont have full spell damage.
you really need mana :p but i think that is something all kind of mages need.

Well this char is created for survival and soloing and it works really fine this way.

ps:when at peerless (like navrey i use a slayer spellbook instead of my swords)

well this was my template and skills
At the very least i hope i might have given you a idea how to make nice combo of skills what you might have never thought of before and make it work.

if you have any remarks or questions feel free to ask/say them ^_^

Greetings teutates,

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Horrible mix of skills in my opinion. You'd be better off with GM Mage/Eval/Med/Resist/Wrestling than random spellcaster-melee-stealther skills.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Horrible mix of skills in my opinion. You'd be better off with GM Mage/Eval/Med/Resist/Wrestling than random spellcaster-melee-stealther skills.
I'll take it one step further and add that it is the worst mix of skills and least amount of thought ever put into a template.

J

[JD]

the vorgons just destroyed your template to make room for a new space-based superhighway

T

teutates

And how would that work when not in a team ?

You and your summoned fire elemental are hunting.
your fire elemental is attacked by several monsters but is managing...
but then it timers run out and you are surrounded without a pet....
And because you are close you cant cast spells.

Well if walking in a dungeon to get your corpse is a hobby of yours that is what should take yeah.

Well most people with the classic build are probably very fond of it.

Mine is indeed weird..
But it works, i am more then capable of surviving on my own.
you cant use 2 bushido spells and have a little less damage then your average mage.

But you tend to stay alive and you have a reliable guard with you that you can ride.

its true that this build cant work without a decent gear but a pure mage also cant function without that.

J

[JD]

^is this pvm only then? its still really bad bro. and i cant believe you'd put a 60+ mil tangle on a character like that.

• without tactics you'll do crap for dmg.
  • without 90 actual trained weaponskill (mace/sword/arch/fencing) and tactics, you can't use specials.
  • without 120 effective weaponskill from your mage weapon you will whiff, whiff, whiff against anything but mid level (or lower) content.
  • you are NEVER going to build a caster with int that can melee well because you'll lack the STA to accelerate slower heavier damage weapons. you are better off building a DEXER, with DEXER friendly spell abilities (necro, sw, and myst come to mind)
  • look into the "legacy of the dread lord" halberd... it has the mods needed to make an old school tank mage; grab magery/eval/swords/tac and you can cast spells as well as melee well. imbue something else with similar stats to the LOTDL if you like (FC1, SC, DI, SSI, [Hit Spell: HML, HSL, HL, HFB, Hit Area])
  • if you're "in close" and can't cast: you either need better fc/fcr, need protection on (it is PVM, so who cares), or you can simply............ run a few steps away.....
  • lastly, there are very nice pets you can bond and control with only JOAT. look into the lowland boura - 550 hp, 2 control slots, gm wrestle/anat/tac/resist..... i bet 2 trained lower boura make mincemeat out of any summoned fire ele and lesser hiryu

if you want, i can help you reconfigure your battle mage to be much better.. just pm me

T

teutates

^is this pvm only then? its still really bad bro. and i cant believe you'd put a 60+ mil tangle on a character like that.
where i am from tangle are only worth around 30 mill and i got it myself and its blessed.

without tactics you'll do crap for dmg.
I have anatomy that boost dmg+healing ability
without 90 actual trained weaponskill (mace/sword/arch/fencing) and tactics, you can't use specials.
That thing warriors use because they have a limited amount of skills to use..
Well i already checked into that before i started to alter my mage but there isn't a special weaponskill that is worth the effort for a battle mage

without 120 effective weaponskill from your mage weapon you will whiff, whiff, whiff against anything but mid level (or lower) content.
when the time comes i can always use a ps and imbuing a ring with magery
to give me more swordmanship
you are NEVER going to build a caster with int that can melee well because you'll lack the STA to accelerate slower heavier damage weapons. you are better off building a DEXER, with DEXER friendly spell abilities (necro, sw, and myst come to mind)
i dont really need heavier weapons my swords of prosperity do enough damage as it is.

look into the "legacy of the dread lord" halberd... it has the mods needed to make an old school tank mage; grab magery/eval/swords/tac and you can cast spells as well as melee well. imbue something else with similar stats to the LOTDL if you like (FC1, SC, DI, SSI, [Hit Spell: HML, HSL, HL, HFB, Hit Area])
its a decent weapon but i wouldn't like to have one
[*]if you're "in close" and can't cast: you either need better fc/fcr, need protection on (it is PVM, so who cares), or you can simply............ run a few steps away.....
Protection is only a decent spell when your not fighting a spellcaster.
run a few steps away i use it sometimes but finishing the job with your bushido skills is also a reliable method.
lastly, there are very nice pets you can bond and control with only JOAT. look into the lowland boura - 550 hp, 2 control slots, gm wrestle/anat/tac/resist..... i bet 2 trained lower boura make mincemeat out of any summoned fire ele and lesser hiryu
[/LIST]
if your talking about tamed lesser hiryu that might be possible because of the loss when tamed.
but those lower boura gets slaughtered becuase of there low damage and low resists
if you want, i can help you reconfigure your battle mage to be much better.. just pm me
Thanks for the offer but i already have a good battle mage build.

A

A Rev

I have anatomy that boost dmg+healing ability
You dont have healing...anatomy does NOT Affect mage healing! So, youve wasted points!

That thing warriors use because they have a limited amount of skills to use..
Well i already checked into that before i started to alter my mage but there isn't a special weaponskill that is worth the effort for a battle mage
That thing[Tactics] is ESSENTIAL for warriors to be able to use the special attacks and boost damage. Fencing is a good weapon skill for a battle mage, fast weapons so dont need as much stam and good specials.

when the time comes i can always use a ps and imbuing a ring with magery
to give me more swordmanship
I dont think you really understand the mage weapon...its not a weapon skill, its mainly used for DCI

i dont really need heavier weapons my swords of prosperity do enough damage as it is.
Swords of Prosperity are useless as a weapon...there slow, bad specials and low damage [11-14 isnt alot!]

its a decent weapon but i wouldn't like to have one
Its a MUCH better weapon...i would listen to the advice...hell id even prefer a fang of rectus to swords of prosperity!

Protection is only a decent spell when your not fighting a spellcaster.
run a few steps away i use it sometimes but finishing the job with your bushido skills is also a reliable method.
With your suit build you might as well drop resist and play in protection! without the fc/fcr you cast so slowly anyways, any spellcaster is always going to disrupt you...even wraiths will!

if your talking about tamed lesser hiryu that might be possible because of the loss when tamed.
but those lower boura gets slaughtered becuase of there low damage and low resists
ACTUALLY! Lowland bouras are increadibly good pets for the required taming! They have pack instinct so they do a fair amount of damage and resists total are comparible to that of a lesser.

...i already have a good battle mage build.
No you dont!

T

teutates

You dont have healing...anatomy does NOT Affect mage healing! So, youve wasted points!
nope i still have a 25% bonus to damage. but it might be better to change anatomy for tactics.

That thing[Tactics] is ESSENTIAL for warriors to be able to use the special attacks and boost damage. Fencing is a good weapon skill for a battle mage, fast weapons so dont need as much stam and good specials.
special attacks are usseless

I dont think you really understand the mage weapon...its not a weapon skill, its mainly used for DCI
a Mace with the item property of Mage Weapon -22 Skill would allow a legendary sorcerer to wield it as if he or she had a Mace Fighting skill of 98 (120-22=98).
(100-0=100)

Swords of Prosperity are useless as a weapon...there slow, bad specials and low damage [11-14 isnt alot!]
With your suit build you might as well drop resist and play in protection! without the fc/fcr you cast so slowly anyways, any spellcaster is always going to disrupt you...even wraiths will!
mine fc is fast enough without protection so i dont get disrupted

A

A Rev

This quote has told me all i need to know.

I will now no longer try to offer advice.

Good luck, if i was you id read into what people have written here. There is some good advice.

A

A Rev

Feint cuts damage in half from that opponent for 6 seconds. It's one of the Daisho's specials.
Not to mention ar ignore which is an easy 35damage.

Double strike, which is...well a little gay but hey.

whirlwind (awesome for multiple mobs especially if you have life leech or mana leech on the weap)

infectious strike...good for pvp even on a mage (not resist counted for)

Nerve strike (stop your taget allowing a big spell and increased damage)

Paralyse shot (stop your target allowing you to pull a big spell up)

Mortal strike (has its uses in pvm as well...especially against say balrons who fly around healing)

But yea i guess hes right...specials are useless!

S

Stupid Miner

This quote has told me all i need to know.

I will now no longer try to offer advice.

Good luck, if i was you id read into what people have written here. There is some good advice.
I dont think he's saying this is a PvP template

A

A Rev

I dont think he's saying this is a PvP template
People have offered advise on both sides of the game play. In PvM or PvP specials are FAR from useless as im sure you know.

Such a stupid blanket statement makes me think the person will not listen to any advise because "they already know best"...so i will no longer offer it.

T

teutates

ACTUALLY! Lowland bouras are increadibly good pets for the required taming! They have pack instinct so they do a fair amount of damage and resists total are comparible to that of a lesser.
Oke so bouras would be nice.
But i wouldn't take them because you would to busy to heal both your pets then you attack yourself.
And you change into a supportive char instead of a attacking char.
Even when you have only a lesser and a summon this is sometimes annoying
This was a little crude but you can say what you want im still mostly a mage.
I already said that i didnt saw the point in that before this short answer.

And getting access to use both skills.. lets say round it up.
200* skill points you have to change.

(150 for me because i changed anatomy for tactics after someone here gave me advise)

And changing so much for 2 skills( i personally wouldn't use) and more base damage i cant see how that would worth it.

Those specials are nice when your on a warrior but i cant see how it would be a nice addition to my build that is mostly a mage

Such a stupid blanket statement makes me think the person will not listen to any advise because "they already know best"
It is still a work in progress but we stand on different points.
You cant see the positive sides on this build.
And i having problem seeing you points because i work with this build and for me it works.

I might do not max damage on spells because of no inscription.
And do not allot of damage with my swords.
But i stay alive and do enough damage to kill the creatures im attacking.

And i'm more then capable to survive on my own in dungeons.

in a way i think it resembles a sampire but then it mostly aimed at being a caster instead of a warrior.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all I would like to come to the defense of the other posters here. Most that are Posting like A Rev, Stupid Miner, Lynk, Connor and including myself have been playing this game from Beta to today. The templates provided by these posters over the years have been proven solid as well as their advice.

To put it politely your template is very weak and not very effective when other templates would provide similar playstyle, better reliability, better damage, more survivability plus getting a better shot at the loot table for loot and artifacts.

* Focus [gm] - Less mana regen and I do not see a big issue with stamina. Meditation would be better.
* magery [gm] - At GM you fizzle a lot on 7th and 8th circle spells
* evaluating int [gm] - If you are using spells to kill then jack this up , your int and SDI
* Resisting spells [gm] - 120 or none at all. Kind of a unwritten guideline shared by many players.
* spellweaving [gm] - wod fizzle
* Bushido [gm] - LS's are weak based on your current combat skills, confidence is ok, but is it really needed?
* hiding [50%] - why hide when you have invisibility spell?
* Anatomy [50%] *edited after advise* (50% tactics)

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I would like to share my battle mage with you.
Because im really fond of it :)

If you only like pure mage templates click away this topic now...
Because you probably don't like what you see here.

I have to explain a little more about this template then just the skills
Because it only works with the right gear and stuff.
This is how it will be because i'm not there yet need to train some skills some more.

First of the skills.
  • Focus [gm]
  • magery [gm]
  • evaluating int [gm]
  • Resisting spells [gm]
  • spellweaving [gm]
  • Bushido [gm]
  • hiding [50%]

I can almost hear some of you think "ehh say what..."

But the gear and stuff

Swords of prosperity (mage weapon -0) 100% swordmanship
A lesser hiryu (a nice tank and attacker)

lrc suit with
  • sdi +3
  • int bonus+14
  • fc+1
  • lmc +7
  • hpr+3
  • sr+1
  • mr+12
  • mana increase +25

(tangle+frostguard+missing string cloak) help collects those stats

Why do i think this combo with skills and gear works ? aka pro's

Well you have the spells of a mage, when a creature is to close you can hit it with your sword& bushido skills (honorable execution , lighting strike , momentum strike)

Honorable execution saves your life when used correctly instant hp

Your pet adds a more reliable power source then elemental summons it doesn't disappear when you need it the most...
But you can have a earth elemental with your hiryu.

The spellweaving skill adds some more offensive spells.
The gift of renewal spell and the attune weapon gives you a temporary tank ability.
The gift of life can be used to save you or your pet.

hiding gives you the ability to safely regen mana

cons that i acknowledge.

You cant use all your bushido skills
you dont have full spell damage.
you really need mana :p but i think that is something all kind of mages need.

Well this char is created for survival and soloing and it works really fine this way.

ps:when at peerless (like navrey i use a slayer spellbook instead of my swords)

well this was my template and skills
At the very least i hope i might have given you a idea how to make nice combo of skills what you might have never thought of before and make it work.

if you have any remarks or questions feel free to ask/say them ^_^

Greetings teutates,
Hi, I have read your template and it is a very interesting one. However, if I have to use a similar type of character as per yours, I would change to below skills instead:-

120 magery
120 evalint
120 resist
120 bushido
120 tactics
120 spellweave

For items, I will aim for below Stats:-

Fc 2
Fcr 6
Lmc 40
Hci, Dci (try to maximize 45/45 if possible)

With Fc 2, you will be casting much faster than only Fc 1
With Fcr 6, you won't have much delay in between spells (compare to 0)
With 40 LMC, you won't be crying not enough mana all the time
With Hci/Dci maximize 45/45, you won't be crying getting hit or miss on monsters with your momentum strikes (unless you only want to use lighting strikes then you dont need HCI); but you mentioned of using honorable execution and momentum strike... so HCI is advised

For weapon, try to aim for a weapon with the following mod:-

Imbued
-20 magery (1 mod)
spell channel (2 mods)
di (1 mod)
ssi/dci/hci (1 mod)

Ring (imbued)
ep 25
+15 magery
fcr 3
hci
dci

Bracelet (orna)

Talisman (+5 magery, ep 15)

Anyways, you will end up having the following Stat based on the above 4 items:-

ep 40 (which helps very well when you chug your pot)
You only is one handed and can chug pot (swords of propsperity is 2 handed)
fc 2 fcr 6 (which helps you cast more effectively)

Anyways, I sort of understand your thinking and template and its quite new and fresh honestly. However, to maximize its effectiveness, there are some skills needed to be replaced in my opinion.

Hope that helps.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reading the OP's posts.... i dunno whether to offer advice, or ridicule him and hunt him down. I'm going to go with the ladder because of his poor attitude towards the advice given to him.

what a ****in ******** template.

T

teutates

@lefty
The templates provided by these posters over the years have been proven solid as well as their advice.
Yeah I understand that I might been a little on edge when answer.
But most of them wont work for me.
This was a pure mage at first but I thought it was too unreliable for me when fighting spawns.

when other templates would provide similar play style,
better reliability, better damage, more survivability plus getting a better shot at the loot table for loot and artifacts.
better reliability ?
i don't really understand what you would mean with that.
That other templates would get more damage is certain.

I somehow doubt that they would give you more survivability.
except in the strategy "if i kill you first i get less damage"

That is a fine strategy when you are going solo against 1 vs 1 monster.
But when you get against spawns and there is even 1 spellcaster who can paralyze you.
It wil fail me at the very least.

Now with my spellweaving i have attunement and gift of renewal.
it allows me to use my combat ability when necessary and you can take allot of damage when necessary (think surrounded by monster spawns and paralyzed)

* Focus [gm] - Less mana regen and I do not see a big issue with stamina. Meditation would be better.
changing focus for meditation might be a good idea

* magery [gm] - At GM you fizzle a lot on 7th and 8th circle spells
* evaluating int [gm] - If you are using spells to kill then jack this up , your int and SDI
currently i dont really notice it. but i was already thinking about after i get all my skills to gm that it might be a good idea to look in to get something to 120.
Well more damage is always welcome.

* Resisting spells [gm] - 120 or none at all. Kind of a unwritten guideline shared by many players.
i often resist the spells cast on me. would that 20 really matter that much.

* spellweaving [gm] - wod fizzle
Currently i'm still training spellweaving :) and currently it is mostly used as a supportive skill.
But yeah it might be better to have that at 120%

Gift of Renewal
Attunement

Gives me the possibility to actively fight with bushido when necessary while first where i had swordmanship instead of spellweaving it was mostly a passive skill to allow me to use a lesser hiryu

* hiding [50%] - why hide when you have invisibility spell?
Well it was meant because of the time limit invisibility spells has.
But i was already starting to think that it might be better to get that points to get legendary with some skills.

<hr>
Hi, I have read your template and it is a very interesting one. However, if I have to use a similar type of character as per yours, I would change to below skills instead:-

120 magery
120 evalint
120 resist
120 bushido
120 tactics
120 spellweave
Sacrifice your supportive regen abillity ?
That is a nice way to put it.
You would have more spell/melee damage and still have the ability to use it because of spellweaving.

It could be very well a nice way to give that extra punch that what I would want to get eventually out of my char.

But you would have to back-up your regeneration skills with the right gear but that is certainly possible.
Fc 2
Fcr 6
Lmc 40
Hci, Dci (try to maximize 45/45 if possible)
Well my gear certainly isnt perfect ^_^ its more like a minimum requirements.
“It can work but you should get better kind of thing >_< “

It looks like a very good gear.
I would personally try to add some mana regeneration because even when you have lmc when your mana would run out (like death) it would take some time to recover.
Imbued
-20 magery (1 mod)
spell channel (2 mods)
di (1 mod)
ssi/dci/hci (1 mod)
something like that could be very nice the only downpart is that you cant create a lower -magery but you can compensate that with juwels like you stated :)
and I was planning to create something like that when I have legendary imbuing :)
Bracelet (orna)
with orna you mean ornament of the Magician ?

Well that looks like some nice stats or something similar imbuing could give that little extra.

@Cetric GL

Well with discussion you get conflicts sometimes and even when i already knew that some posts would get like this.
Some responses got me a little on edge....

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if this is a pvm mage, why reinvent the wheel?
Cetric, if you are Cetricide the gargoyle mystic on Great Lakes I was totally stalking you the other day at yew gate on my new mystic assassin.

You are lucky you got chased away.

Doc Holiday suffered the wrath intended for you.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cetric, if you are Cetricide the gargoyle mystic on Great Lakes I was totally stalking you the other day at yew gate on my new mystic assassin.

You are lucky you got chased away.

Doc Holiday suffered the wrath intended for you.
:thumbup1:

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well eventually I think the OP will eventually find out that you cannot chop down a tree with a herring.

J

[JD]

hello i will try one final time to offer advice.

first i don't think english is the OP's native language, so maybe go easy on him. although he is pretty stubborn, i agree with the sentiment he will have to discover on his own that you cannot chop down a tree with a herring.

I don’t know what exactly the poster plans to hunt, perhaps polar bears or something. Knowing that would make a whole lot of difference.

Here is his template:

Focus [gm]
magery [gm]
evaluating int [gm]
Resisting spells [gm]
spellweaving [gm]
Bushido [gm]
hiding [50%]
Anatomy [50%] *edited after advise* (50% tactics)
Basically this would be much better:

GM Magery
GM Eval Int
GM Meditation
120 Fencing
100 Tac
120 Bushido
60 spare points for whatever.

Rock an imbued weapon with spell channeling, FC1, and 3 other mods like SSI, DI, and some hit spell (Hit lightning, Hit area)

Go Fencing was a good suggestion, does not take high levels of sta to accelerate to cap.

Hit area will slay many creatures at once.

Use a Leafblade and you can Feint (avoid damage) or AI (Do extra damage). Bushido also does lots of critical hit damage.

In PVM you don’t really need Resist Spells unless you are doing a spawn or something.

2 Trained Lesser Boura can be controlled by human Jack of Trades. They can do 40 dmg per hit. You can melee stuff with them, and stop to heal when you want. They have a lot of hit points (550 hp)

Fencing 120’s are cheap, Bushido will cost you more. Bushido helps you do tons more critical hit damage. It’s not necessary but you will be a great tactics/melee mage with it.

You can substitute it for resist/spellweaving if you really need it. Spellweaving might be nice to have for the pets, they’ll insta res with 75% hp if they croak.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi JD, you've got a pretty good template there.

But in order to meet with the OP's wishes, I believe there are something needed to change:-

1. He doesnt want to use boura (maybe due to the reason that its not ridable?)

2. GM meditation is really not needed with today's imbued armors and artifacts. We could easily stack up to about 12 mr or so.

Your template gives a good idea on a mage with both melee and mage skills but below is my preferred version (with faction afs):-

110 magery (so no frizzle at lvl 7 spells; and 75% on casting lvl 8 spells)
100 evalint
100 bushido (for lighting strikes, momentum strikes)
120 fencing/sword
90 tactics (for specials mainly)
100 resist
100 necro

Ring:
25 ep (100)
fc 1 (140)
hci 12 (104)
dci 10 (74)
fire resist (remaining)

bracelet:
25 ep (100)
fc 1 (140)
fcr 3 (110)
hci 8 (70)
dci 10 (74)

gloves: faction inquisitor of resolution

tunic: rune beetle carapace

talisman: hci 10 and di 20 (undead slayer type / faction type)

Gorget: imbued
sleeves: imbued

Leggings: fey leggings (faction type)

Head: 15 hci hat (bear totem) +20 str

Cloak: lmc 2, mr 1, sr 1, hpr 1

Weapon: Radiant Scimitar (exceptional) [swordmanship]

Mod: spell channel
Mod: fc 1
Mod: di (lowest first)
Mod: ssi (aim for 25-30)
Mod: hit mana leech

Weapon: Leafblade (exceptional) [fencing]

Mod: spell channel
Mod: fc 1
Mod: di (lowest first)
Mod: ssi (aim for 25-30)
Mod: hit mana leech

Your stat if adjusted correctly should look like this:-

40 LMC
45 hci
45 dci
Vamp Form (have the ability of sucking hp 20% everytime and chance to suck mana depends on your weapon mana leech rating)

Resist:-
70 physical
19 + 19 + 6 + 10 + 10 + 11 + 10(magic reflect) + (5-10 fire from ring) = about 90-95 fire resist [vamp form = -25] which at the end enough to put you at 65-70 fire
70 cold
70 poison
70 energy

Pros:-

You have the magery casting as usual (like blade spirits, invisible, heals, etc..)
You have the ability to suck hp like a vamp warrior and do momentum strikes or lighting strikes (for critical hits on boss type)
You have the ability to Whirlwind a bunch of monsters at once
You have the ability of casting attunement and gift of renewal and nature fury (which helps a ton assuming you have lvl 5-6 arcane focus)
You have the ability of using evasion (about 14% chance to block most kind of attacks)
You have the ability of using confidence to heal on the run
You have the ability of gaining 31 str, 31 dex, 30+hps potions due to 50ep
You have the ability to drink refresh (which helps since your weap doesnt have stamina leech)
You have the ability of sucking mana due to the mana leech on weapon (and due to using whirlwind attack on mulitple monster, you can actually recover all your mana at one hit)
You have the ability of honoring monster and upon slaying them, you recover all mana, stamina and hp.

Cons:-
lack of damage output
lack of spell damage output
frizzle at lvl 8 magic about 25%
not as effective to control your lesser hiryu as 120 bushido (since only 100 bushido now; but bring more meats should solve)
missing the whole point of using this character (since the gear required to use this type of character are much more complicated than usual pure chars)

Hope that helps.

A

A Rev

Personally i dont see why the OP is trying to make a PvP template for PvM.

Lets be honest, there are FAR more effective templates on both the mage side and dexxer side for spawning and / or soloing.

The wammy, Awesome for spawning (dont get stam blocked good damage).
The Sampire, Awesome For soloing (Awesome damage output and survivability).

The mystic scribe weaver, Awesome for spawning (JOAT Necro for Wraith and you have possibly the most effective solo spawn template.)
The mystic Bushido Dexxer, Awesome for soloing (Stone Form in protection).

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hello i will try one final time to offer advice.

first i don't think english is the OP's native language, so maybe go easy on him. although he is pretty stubborn, i agree with the sentiment he will have to discover on his own that you cannot chop down a tree with a herring.

I don’t know what exactly the poster plans to hunt, perhaps polar bears or something. Knowing that would make a whole lot of difference.

Here is his template:

Basically this would be much better:

GM Magery
GM Eval Int
GM Meditation
120 Fencing
100 Tac
120 Bushido
60 spare points for whatever.

Rock an imbued weapon with spell channeling, FC1, and 3 other mods like SSI, DI, and some hit spell (Hit lightning, Hit area)

Go Fencing was a good suggestion, does not take high levels of sta to accelerate to cap.

Hit area will slay many creatures at once.

Use a Leafblade and you can Feint (avoid damage) or AI (Do extra damage). Bushido also does lots of critical hit damage.

In PVM you don’t really need Resist Spells unless you are doing a spawn or something.

2 Trained Lesser Boura can be controlled by human Jack of Trades. They can do 40 dmg per hit. You can melee stuff with them, and stop to heal when you want. They have a lot of hit points (550 hp)

Fencing 120’s are cheap, Bushido will cost you more. Bushido helps you do tons more critical hit damage. It’s not necessary but you will be a great tactics/melee mage with it.

You can substitute it for resist/spellweaving if you really need it. Spellweaving might be nice to have for the pets, they’ll insta res with 75% hp if they croak.

JD

Many people run this similiar temp with swords instead of bushido, so they can nerve strike with a bokuto.

My only pancake about the temp is, that if someone mana vamps you, what are you gunna do? your offense is now limited, healing limited to pots for a few, etc.

Resist is a great thing

I would also recommend taking some of ur left over points, either 120 eval and 40 left, or 60 necro for evil omen, or get some skill bonus **** (to get to 80) and run 80 spell weaving for pixies.

This is the pvp end of ur temp, obviously the OP won't care much about what i had to say here rofl.

T

teutates

he will have to discover on his own that you cannot chop down a tree with a herring.
I prefer to see myself as someone is walking a cliff road instead of walking trough a Forrest that will takes more days to travel trough.
And btw not even a mighty axe can cut down a uo tree >.<

i dont have one spot i hunt i just go around and kill stuff.
To make it easier for you i named them polar bears....

polar bear
polar bear
polar bear
polar bear
polar bear
polar bear
polar bear
polar bear

And when im in a group even this polar bear polar bear

1. He doesnt want to use boura (maybe due to the reason that its not ridable?)
-its not ridable
-you turn into a supportive character (you have 2 pets you need to keep alive instead of 1 and a summon what is dispensable )
-uo pet following system is weak, you cant move fast and need to have allot of patience when your traveling

missing the whole point of using this character (since the gear required to use this type of character are much more complicated than usual pure chars)
There is nothing wrong with relying on your gear.

The wammy, Awesome for spawning (dont get stam blocked good damage).
The Sampire, Awesome For soloing (Awesome damage output and survivability).
yea but are dexxed based while im trying to be mage based with a bit of combat

The mystic scribe weaver, Awesome for spawning (JOAT Necro for Wraith and you have possibly the most effective solo spawn template.)
Pure magic based

The mystic Bushido Dexxer, Awesome for soloing (Stone Form in protection).
havent tried this one

This is the pvp end of ur temp, obviously the OP won't care much about what i had to say here rofl.
Every template with magery in it. i tried in test center and tried to compare it in what i have now and what i want to have.

just because i dont change immediately because you say so doesnt mean i dont think about what you said.

the one i'm currently trying to work out is the first slayer888 posted trying to see what i would have to change to make that one work.

H

Hurley

* Focus [gm]
* magery [gm]
* evaluating int [gm]
* Resisting spells [gm]
* spellweaving [gm]
* Bushido [gm]
* hiding [50%]
* Anatomy [50%] *edited after advise* (50% tactics)

Magery 115
Eval int 115
Mace Fighting 90
Tactics 115
Resist GM
Bushido 115
Meditation 50

Use the new staff or Jaana's and get some imbued weps. Get 2/6 casting. 40 lmc 100 lrc and at least 6 mr. Will be super cheap. You can use magery, specials, etc etc.

Your temp blows so hard. It's probably the single worst I've ever seen. It's like you picked random skills and posted it to make everyone who knows anything about UO mad.

Edit: Almost forgot, Your suit is worthless, too.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your temp blows so hard. It's probably the single worst I've ever seen. It's like you picked random skills and posted it to make everyone who knows anything about UO mad.
:thumbup1:

:lol::lol:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I don't want to ridicule the OP. He’s obviously found a template that he is passionate about. Good for him.

To all other new/returning players reading this thread: please do not use the template published in the OP. You will be happier with some of the other templates listed in this thread.

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not reading all the page but....

Hello,

First of the skills.
  • Focus [gm]
  • magery [gm]
  • evaluating int [gm]
  • Resisting spells [gm]
  • spellweaving [gm]
  • Bushido [gm]
  • hiding [50%]

1) Focus is a waste of 100 points unless you are a Mystic.

2) Why 50 hiding....waste of 50 points, your better off staying human and have 20 JOAT

3) Not quote sure why the 50 Anatomy, ditch it.

You now have 200 points to use.

Take Tactics to 100
Take Magery, Resist and Eval to 120
You now have 90 points left......i'd probably take poisoning.

Not really my kind of template but you will have even more fun if you take my suggestions.