• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] My ABC archer template

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally i just finished my PVM archer.
But i have some doubts.
Now my skills are

120 archery real
120 bushido real
100 anatomy real
100 tactics real
90 healing (76, in grow)
80 chivalry real
90 res spell real

I have 20 point to add.
Only 20 point because all jewels and talisman need to me to raise dex and mana.

What is the better skill to raise?
I've thought to raise 5 points in chivalry ( enemy of one is a little hard with only 80) and the other 15 in tactics.
Or is better raise only chivalry for dispel evil ( that is a spell that i like very much?)
Or?
I'm a little confused :bored:

V

Vaneca

I´d drop chivalry to 55. Good enough for Enemy of One.
If you got medable armor go for meditation. If not raise Resist, Anatomy and Tactics with your free points.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do I need to post my template?

Again?
I can't read threads by the dozens to find a thing that in a few words some courteous guy can write. Unfortunately I don't know english well and it's difficult for me to find and read old posts. It's easier for you to help me, if you can.
Yes, let me know your template. Again ;)
Please

PS: I'd like that all threads in stratics was in italian and you have to use dictionary and try to read, explain, ask things. Well, i would laugh :danceb:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
120 Archery
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
100 Healing
95 Anatomy
90 Resist
75 Chiv

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't give in to laziness, it only encourages further laziness.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Finally i just finished my PVM archer.
But i have some doubts.
Now my skills are

120 archery real
120 bushido real
100 anatomy real
100 tactics real
90 healing (76, in grow)
80 chivalry real
90 res spell real

I have 20 point to add.
Only 20 point because all jewels and talisman need to me to raise dex and mana.

What is the better skill to raise?
I've thought to raise 5 points in chivalry ( enemy of one is a little hard with only 80) and the other 15 in tactics.
Or is better raise only chivalry for dispel evil ( that is a spell that i like very much?)
Or?
I'm a little confused :bored:
The templates posted are a good base to go from with yours I would add tactics to at least 115 then the rest just depends on what works better for you .. some go with more resist others with chiv just depends there is no right answer!

B

Bluto

Ok, I have a follow-up question or two...

I want the ABC Archer to do both PvM & PvP work, so is this template viable:

120 Archery
120 Bushido
110 Resists
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Heal
70 Chivalry

If not, how would you adjust the template?

Additionally, are there key pieces of gear that I should try and get to build a suit around?

Been away for a bit so any advice is appreciated!

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Storm.
I'll try with tactics :)
I'm satisfied that you say that it's a good template

And thanks also to you, Connor. But your fingers are too tired to write, let them rest :dunce:

C

Connor_Graham

Ok, I have a follow-up question or two...

I want the ABC Archer to do both PvM & PvP work, so is this template viable:

120 Archery
120 Bushido
110 Resists
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Heal
70 Chivalry

If not, how would you adjust the template?

Additionally, are there key pieces of gear that I should try and get to build a suit around?

Been away for a bit so any advice is appreciated!
If you're going to have Resist, you need to either have 120 or none at all. To get to 120 I'd drop 10 points from Healing and use that. As far as gear, the only one that I'd say was a must have is the RBC. Stormgrips is also nice, but you may find the Doom version (can't recall the name) or the Ilsh Martie version (can't remember this one either) work better with your resists. A Conjurer's Trinket or the Faction version of the Primer on Arms is also something you should call a must have. Then it's Mace & Shield or Folded Steel glasses to get you going with your DCI, plus you should max out your HCI and LMC. Get as much SI, LMC, MR or MI on the rest of your suit as you can, and you'll be a powerhouse. Add a Balanced 40 SSI bow and you'll be nigh unstoppable.

C

Connor_Graham

Io non ho capito cosa vuol dire. Sul vocabolario non c'è. Ora tocca a voi tradurre quello che scrivo. Da ora in poi lo farò solo in italiano.
Ciao ciao
First off, I don't have to translate anything I don't want to. You can continue to type in Italian, but then you won't get your questions answered unless *gasp* you actually look them up.

M

mjolnir131

whats the best stat mix for 705,710,715 and finally 720

P

pgcd

First off, I don't have to translate anything I don't want to. You can continue to type in Italian, but then you won't get your questions answered unless *gasp* you actually look them up.
Connor, while Ivory's attitude is, uhm, refreshing, there is a point to be made: the stickies are pretty much all obsolete, and a search for "sampire template" brings up a lot of stuff that you have to sift through. Wouldn't it be a good thing if the warrior FAQ was updated with some current, relevant info?

V

Vaneca

120 Archery
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
120 Resist/Meditation
90 Healing
55 Chiv

Few skillpoints from Jewls and you´ll be fine.
Using Wraith Form where it is possible, if you choose Resist.

C

Connor_Graham

a search for "sampire template" brings up a lot of stuff that you have to sift through.
When did we get on Sampires? I thought we were talking ABC archer...:coco:

As far as those stickies go, I believe my template is posted in 2 of them, and any search using both my name and ABC archer as search guides will most likely turn up 1 of the 5000 or so threads in which it was posted again.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Connor, while Ivory's attitude is, uhm, refreshing, there is a point to be made: the stickies are pretty much all obsolete, and a search for "sampire template" brings up a lot of stuff that you have to sift through. Wouldn't it be a good thing if the warrior FAQ was updated with some current, relevant info?
The Warrior FAQ does need some updating I agree, but you DO have to be really specific when you look for something.

e.g.

1. Search under the Warrior Forum for a specific Search.

2. Include the exact phrase you are looking for.

3. Have to include the person's name if you are looking for something specific that, that particular person wrote.

I agree though. The system isn't perfect.

P

pgcd

The Warrior FAQ does need some updating I agree, but you DO have to be really specific when you look for something.

e.g.

1. Search under the Warrior Forum for a specific Search.

2. Include the exact phrase you are looking for.

3. Have to include the person's name if you are looking for something specific that, that particular person wrote.

I agree though. The system isn't perfect.
Agreed, you can find Connor's template - provided you know you're looking for Connor's template, and you know what phrase was used when posting etc. And if english is not your native language, as in Ivory's case (and mine, too), sometimes it's not very easy to guess what phrase a native speaker would have used.
I know I wasted a couple hours looking for the arties that would be considered vital to a vampire template, because I couldn't figure out the right way to phrase my search. Of course, once I *knew* what I was looking for, everything became a lot easier.
Anyway, my point is simply that it might be a good idea to clean up the dozen stickies up there and leave only the updated ones - Baghdaddy's thread is certainly awesome, for instance, but mostly it deals with mechanics that are no longer applicable, and if you don't know about that you're going to read through tens of posts that state you can be a sampire with 35 necro, while in fact, you can't.
Of course, this might be just me not knowing enough English to be able to perform effective searches... =)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I wasted a couple hours looking for the arties that would be considered vital to a vampire template
Probably because the answer to that depends on what jewels you are using and what runic armor you have...