• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] My 2011 Napa Valley raresfest proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Up for your consideration is my bid for the 2011 rares fest in napa valley.

suggested dates : monday march 28th - april 3rd

vendor spaces available : 150 (3 18x18 houses centralized)

auction house : 18x18 3 story for auctions and some events

location : we have 3 arias large enough to hold the 4 18x18 in a centralised area with enough room to do events and have the attendies not feel constrained.

tentative planned events :

1. silent auction. items submitted on march 28th-30th auction ends on april 3rd 3pm pacific time

2. live auction april 2nd (2pm pacific time). items to be submitted no later then march 31st.

3. rares raffles (some free, some payed)to be held on friday,saturday and sunday(april 1st-3rd)

4. scavenger hunt

5. rares display/decoration workshop (applications for guest artists available)

6. across brittania naked foot race

7. fireworks opening ceremony

8. award ceremony 4pm pacific on april 3rd (best dressed vendor,bag art, best stocked ect..)

9. closing ceremony at 5pm pacific time.

other suggestions for events,workshops ect. most welcome as is volinteers for the fest are greatly welcome.yes your invited too DVI :)

questions and comments please.

F

Fraggles

sounds fun. i like the idea manticore had of the rare dress fashion show! i think that would be alot of fun. so will there be 2 auctions? a live auction and a silent auction? that would be fun also.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still like DVI's idea about it being on a Asian shard.

N

Nastia Cross

The asian festival would have my vote, but they pulled their bid....

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Typically a successful fest seems to uplift a shard financially and brings a buzz to the community, not so with the Pacific Fest, infact the opposite. For some it was a disaster and I think many of us saw the effects that it had on that shard. Now out of the care of a shard I have played on since the late 90's I would like to ask with no disrespect. Do I know you Yanaki? Better yet does the rares community? Although your plan looks great, and as much as I would love to see a successfull fest on Napa, Im with DVI and gang for an Asian fest at this time. Im looking forward to it! :)

F

Fraggles

i would like to know more about Yanksi also. and at first i was against the Asia shard hosting but now i think it would be fun. i was going post a proposal for hosting one on LS but have decided its probably not a good time for me to do so. perhaps in the future i would love to host one but at this time its just not right for me right now. As DVI has pulled his bid for the Asia shard is that now totaly out of the question or can he be pursaded to come back with his idea?. im fine with it being anywhere as long as its a trusted person from the rares comunity involved and we has a say in what events we would like to see. it needs to be what us..the rare collectors want and not just what the host would like it to be. DVI's proposal sounded fantastic and Yanksi's sounds like a good time also. if i had to choose i would choose DVI only because i know him better. but if dvi or another person from the rares comunity that i know to be trustworthy is involved with Yanski's proposal i would be all for it. im not really interested in handing over my rares to someone i dont know but that does not mean i would not be there at the fest buying and selling items :)

C

Charbear

Typically a successful fest seems to uplift a shard financially and brings a buzz to the community, not so with the Pacific Fest, infact the opposite. For some it was a disaster and I think many of us saw the effects that it had on that shard. Now out of the care of a shard I have played on since the late 90's I would like to ask with no disrespect. Do I know you Yanaki? Better yet does the rares community? Although your plan looks great, and as much as I would love to see a successfull fest on Napa, Im with DVI and gang for an Asian fest at this time. Im looking forward to it! :)
Ditto. I have been on Napa since it was a shard and have no idea either.
I was interested in a fest on Napa after the Asian fest. Just my 2 cents.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think with the help of some of our regular Asian rares collectors that frequent this forum it could be something special if word gets out to the other Asian shards. Think of all the cool rares that may pop up at the fest that we dont even know exist.

G

Gunga_Din

All I know is, if Manticore doesn't start leaking some good stuff to his vendor, i'm not attending :) I'm calling you out big collector !!!

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An Asian shard sounds good but i dont think we will find new rares to buy there. We all know that there is alot of xsharders that goes to asian shards to buy stuff for cheap and then come back to atl/cats/chessy/europa/ls/<insert your home shard here>/etc and sell to get a profit. Some of those xsharders are from asian shards too. So why we will find new rares on a asian rares fest? anyone thinks that all the xsharders dont know that they can get a very nice profit selling asian rares?.
As a side note, i dont think that asian players will buy the stuff we normally sell on rares fest because they have very very cheaper prices compared with any other shard.

I like the Asian rares fest idea, but.. ill need to say it again, my ping to the asian shard that DVI and friends choose was 340ms, so ill always prefer any US/European shard.

About silent/normal auctions. I have different toughts.. i think a silent auction is very good for the seller because if the price does not reach what he expects then he can pull out the item. On a normal auction, the seller cant do that but.. there is a chance that the price will be higher because a bidding war. From my perspective (im only selling my stuff, i do not plan to bid for any item at all) i like both auction styles.. cant decide what is better.. the safer auction or the normal one where i can *possibly* get more gold for my rare.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
*looks around* If you need any help Napa just let me know, I am a hard worker. :popcorn:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Asian shard sounds like alot of fun and I would take even two vendors if possible. A whole new group of players to buy and sell from. I just hope it happens some time next year.

G

Gunga_Din

An Asian shard sounds good but i dont think we will find new rares to buy there. We all know that there is alot of xsharders that goes to asian shards to buy stuff for cheap and then come back to atl/cats/chessy/europa/ls/<insert your home shard here>/etc and sell to get a profit. Some of those xsharders are from asian shards too. So why we will find new rares on a asian rares fest? anyone thinks that all the xsharders dont know that they can get a very nice profit selling asian rares?.
As a side note, i dont think that asian players will buy the stuff we normally sell on rares fest because they have very very cheaper prices compared with any other shard.

I like the Asian rares fest idea, but.. ill need to say it again, my ping to the asian shard that DVI and friends choose was 340ms, so ill always prefer any US/European shard.

About silent/normal auctions. I have different toughts.. i think a silent auction is very good for the seller because if the price does not reach what he expects then he can pull out the item. On a normal auction, the seller cant do that but.. there is a chance that the price will be higher because a bidding war. From my perspective (im only selling my stuff, i do not plan to bid for any item at all) i like both auction styles.. cant decide what is better.. the safer auction or the normal one where i can *possibly* get more gold for my rare.
The Sellers Auction is best because there is a greater chance to get really rare items. More protection and the seller may just end up selling the item even if it doesn't meet what he wants.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for those of you who dont know me. i am a origin rares collector, in the next few days i will be opening up my museum for views. it ahas been on each of the museum threads here for the last 4 years. some may know me as greg lightforge of napa valley, tyvexx,or yanaki. we were in the old napa guild WFS,on chessi we were Part of COM. where my Charicter Greg lightfore has been a common sight at both auctions regularly held there.

I honestly dont want to run the auctions i had plans to offer that job up to zelda of zed. whom i know to be able to run very effective auctions on chessapeak for many years.i also want to invite m,y freinds at whispering rose radio to join in the festivities.

i have been on these boards either as yanaki or yanaki2 for many years.
i was the one who leaked out the way to get the short stools.and have answered questions on time to time.

i have had dealings with manticore ( a while back),dvi (quite a while back) whom they may not remember me. rafman (purchased a marble table from him a month ago) and quite a few others over the years.

some of my most recent rares purchases :

marble table (rafman)
dust bunny (from this message board a couple of months ago)-(angel dust)
327 potted plants - (apetul)
singing ball (rafman)

on a personal note i like long walks off short pears.sunsets at 4am , the usual stuff :)

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you know its funny. so far almost evey comment has been negative. same thing with the poll and probably one of the reasons dvi pulled his bid. if you guys just dont want to do a fest just say so.

i am taking time out of my life to help make a positive experience for all of us and so far the only comments being recieved are negative.no other ideas on how this or any other proposed fest would be made better just griping. you want it somewhere else then get off your butt and do your own proposal.

everything offered was a proposal its not set in stone, i was offering suggestions.

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you know its funny. so far almost evey comment has been negative.
I have to agree, for some reason people think of Napa as a lower class shard. All I know is people run to buy up all the event items we get. I think I'm just going to pass on any rares fest, no matter what shard.

Tom Builder
Napa Valley
Since 1999

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you know its funny. so far almost evey comment has been negative. same thing with the poll and probably one of the reasons dvi pulled his bid. if you guys just dont want to do a fest just say so.

i am taking time out of my life to help make a positive experience for all of us and so far the only comments being recieved are negative.no other ideas on how this or any other proposed fest would be made better just griping. you want it somewhere else then get off your butt and do your own proposal.

everything offered was a proposal its not set in stone, i was offering suggestions.
Your spitting into the wind, the majority wants a fest on a Asian shard. The poll showed so, most of the high end collectors posted for it. Hopefully Dvi will have a change of mind and decide to go ahead with it.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hello everyone! Some people in this crazy rares community might know me and some might not, I am rather new to collecting(bout 9 months or so). I would love to see another fest on ATL(saves me transfer fees:thumbup:), but I know that's not gonna happen for awhile. The opinion I have came to while reading this thread and the poll thread is inline with most peoples, an Asian shard fest is way overdue. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun to mingle on any asian shard for a few days. I would love to come across some nice items from the far east for my collection. So I send out a plea to DVI whom I don't know personally nor do I believe have ever had any dealings with to please reconsider your proposal for the fest. Your ideas are great and the names you mentioned as assisting you with it gives me a feeling that this would be one of the best rares fests ever. I am available to help in anyway needed also, I would like to get the chance to meet a lot of the community and introduce myself, hell, I've alrdy been to most all your houses, snuck in late at night and drooled all over your displays, as many times as I've been to manticores house I should leave him a mop to clean up the mess. Well that's my take on it.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree, for some reason people think of Napa as a lower class shard.
No way. I've never heard of a "lower class shard" in UO. I think your statement will come as a surprise to other players, too. *shakes head*

DVI, get back in here! I think the people have spoken. It's time for a rares fest on an Asian shard.

A rares festival on an Asian shard will benefit the entire rares community.

I think Napa would be a fine place to hold a rares fest, but not yet. It's time for something else right now.

BlissMarie

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok how about this as a compromise. just a suggestion. how about change the napa date to 1st week of september and have the asian one end of march? that way the people who want both will be happy and we dont have to go through this mess again till late september of next year.

sound like a workable plan?

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I know is, if Manticore doesn't start leaking some good stuff to his vendor, i'm not attending :) I'm calling you out big collector !!!
haha I did bring some goodies but they were bought so quickly. I had the Oceania and Drachenfels bottles of which I think I sold them too cheap because later each fetched for nearly doubled at the auction. I had about 10 items but a few people contacted me before hand and bought it out right in the beginning.

Raddagast does bring up a good point about fame and notoriety of the person sponsoring. After Pacific's encounter that is evermore so important.

For the Asian Shard, it would be nice if people like Peil, Blue Amber, Blend, Su Chen can post their comments of sponsorships because their reputations are pretty solid. I think that would give them more bonus points.

I think by now, everyone can agree that no matter where it is held, collectors/dealers will show up regardless. Sure some may boycott but those are in the minority and will always be the case. Bottom line is, just as they said in Field of Dreams, "if you build (host) it, they will come".

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be wonderful if we could actually have an adult conversation about this, assuming some of you can handle that. Lets keep this on topic.

Some great idea's in there Yanaki, I like the deco workshop, I've always wanted to know how to put a toilet in my house. :)

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like Yanaki's proposal about 3 houses (150 vendors), 2 auctions and the naked foot race.

Raddagast does bring up a good point about fame and notoriety of the person sponsoring. After Pacific's encounter that is evermore so important.
Fame and notoriety doesnt mean anything. Experience is everything. When I started to collect, a well-known big collector scammed me with prices just because i didnt know about prices back then. 2-3 days before a rares fest, i asked him a pricecheck and he end buying all my stag drops for 4-5m per item. Two days later, on january rares fest, he put the items into his vendor for sale at 20m per item.

I didnt lose anything on PAC rares fest (of course i know alot of ppl that lose stuff) but i did lose something on Cats rares fest. I submited 4 items on the auction, one of them was a guildstone deed "Deadly Pirate of the Islands [Ar]" that wasnt locked down and the deed decayed.

Again, fame and notoriety doesnt mean anything.

About next rares fest... ill assist, shard doesnt matter.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be wonderful if we could actually have an adult conversation about this, assuming some of you can handle that. Lets keep this on topic.

Some great idea's in there Yanaki, I like the deco workshop, I've always wanted to know how to put a toilet in my house. :)
I think it is actually nice to have something positive said on this idea. I am also from Napa and have been there since UO started. Sometimes it really gets old for the "High End Collectors" as they put it to control everything in this collecting business. I have (for those of you that know me) as many rares as most of you, but I do not think I have priority over anyone.

I do not especially want to see the fest on Napa atm. I never want to see another like Pacific as it will be a long time until I forget that one and I didn't even loose anything. It did teach me one thing. I have never been a trusting person, but I am less of one now and that is sad.

I think quality is much better than quantity. I wished the fests would go back to maybe 2 a year, thus giving more time to prepare. But that is just my opinion. I came to the very first one that DVI put on and have been to most since.

Let's do try to give others a chance at things. Even if you don't know the guy, take time to maybe get to know him before everyone jumps up and says who is he, we don't know him. And I for one will not put up any of my rares at an auction any one puts on, not even if I know them because you just never know who's hands might be in there, just like on the Pacific one.

Let's just all try to stick together in this community and have it somewhere new as I think most shards have collectors and give each and everyone a fair shot.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all.

To clear up matters here first if you dont know me... I'm Tenya/Silver Foxx(napa, catskills,chessy, Storm- origin, Tseisa - Oceania or plain ol Yanaki's mom.

Shards: Origin, Pac, Sonoma, Baja, Napa, Atl, Chessy, Catskills, Siege, Oceania, Hokuto, etc...

I play others as well and have had homes on many others.

The offer for the Napa fest was a joint one with my son and I offering to place 3 - 4 18x18's for the full use of all players who wanted a vendor spot. Not to mention the great idea's we came up with.

I do agree an Asian shard fest would be nice as they do have some great players and collectors. (prices are not half bad ether!)

We offered for Napa as our way of boosting the players of all shards not just Napa. Tom is right in the respect we get invaded for our event rares every time we get some.

If this is going to be a bi-anual event, it is time for an asian shard to host it. Then we can talk of the next offering.

But be forewarnded that they do have different ways then we do. Honor and respect is a way of life even in a game.

Mantacore and Rafman know me well as do many of you from over the years I have purchased items for the museum we hold on Origin ( all are invited to visit and a post for its location and time will be ready shortly) The museum has a second anex, so 2 full castles of UO for alls viewing.

I for one am sad that the event on Pac was so bad. It brused alot of peoples trust. I am an anchient on UO and there fore have little trust in anything outside of family. Fel does that to you ... But be assured IF I and my son did do one on Napa, Security would be TOP PRIORITY. I have no doubt that the Pac issue will NEVER happen again.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gee thanks mom you spoiled my suprise posting i was going to make.:(

first and formost i agree and do understand everyones concerns. i myself would have hated being scammed out of anything i worked very hard to get, unfortunatly things like this happen once in a while. we live and learn, and although i have taken a few lumps now and again i do believe that most people are inherantly honest and trustworthy.

now to be honest i dont know what happened at the pacific rares fest, this went on during a time when i took a break from uo.from what i can tell it wasnt very good.

when i wrote this proposal it was meant for the benafit of the rares community not the detriment. i know the risks and dangers of trusting your items with a stranger and that is why i said i wanted to offer the job of auctioneer to someone immensly more qualified then myself.i dont want to do all the work here id much rather have time to buy stuff myself and interact with people ive only know via this forum. last rares fest i got to meet assia in game for the first time. it was nice.this is in many ways also a social gathering.

DVI if you want to run the asian fest please submit the proposal, i can wait till say september to run one on napa.. i also think doing 2 per year is a good idea, it lets people stock up on stuff in between fests.

so if someone would kindly grab dvi by the ear and bring him forth, he can have my support, if wanted.

B

Baron_

Keep in mind many people will have difficulty being on an asian shard because of high ping, also Napa has yet to host a rares fest.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my only concerns on a asian shard would be location, lag(as mentioned by baron)communication with the locals and em/dev support. if those issues can be at least partially resolved i think it could work out.

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like Yanaki's proposal about 3 houses (150 vendors), 2 auctions and the naked foot race.

Fame and notoriety doesnt mean anything. Experience is everything. When I started to collect, a well-known big collector scammed me with prices just because i didnt know about prices back then. 2-3 days before a rares fest, i asked him a pricecheck and he end buying all my stag drops for 4-5m per item. Two days later, on january rares fest, he put the items into his vendor for sale at 20m per item.

I didnt lose anything on PAC rares fest (of course i know alot of ppl that lose stuff) but i did lose something on Cats rares fest. I submited 4 items on the auction, one of them was a guildstone deed "Deadly Pirate of the Islands [Ar]" that wasnt locked down and the deed decayed.

why did you repost after mod removed yours this brings nothing to the discussion about the next rares fest.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

why did you repost after mod removed yours this brings nothing to the discussion about the next rares fest.
Actually BT what Apetul stated, "Fame and notoriety doesnt mean anything" is a very valid statement for any rares fest. I actually first met Apetul at the fest he is talking about getting scammed on prices, selling cheap and then watching the resell of his items quadrupled and I know the one that did it. Apetul was a noob on prices, trusted one of our very trusted collectors and got had, it should have never happened and taught him a great lesson.

I have to admit I am the one that got Apetul interested in collecting instead of just selling at that fest. I did a trade with him for his horse dung (which had been mine in years gone by and I had been dumb to sell it) and he is one to this day I have trusted to hold 500M for me while i changed chars at that same fest and I still trust him to this day.

I really just want to see the collectors come together and stick up for each other instead of the bickering. I have been collecting longer than most on these boards, I bought my first spitton and checkers for 50k which was all my gold at the time.

Let's figure out where the next will be held and let the fun begin :)

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
High ping will not hamper with buying and selling items. So that argument can go out the door. This is a perfect opportunity to get the Asian rares collectors in the mix of things, and will only strengthen this community. We will need the help of some of the regular Asian rares collectors who post here though. Your thoughts on this matter and what you could do to help would greatly be appreciated.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

fame and notoriety does mean a great deal actually, i'd never go to a rares fest that whispering rose radio is part of again, i wouldn't submit items to an auction during a rares fest unless the person in charge is a well known collector by most people and someone who i have dealt with in the past.

Also, it is not called being scammed when someone buys rares from you dirt cheap and then resells them for more, you should have researched the value of items before selling them. Everyone buys things and resells for more... thats how rares work.

I myself lost 4 expensive rares in the auction on pacific and was compensated 300 mil or so. For the Pac festival, people lost their rares because they trusted someone they shouldn't have and that person stole everything, on Cats, you lost your guild deed because of a simple mistake, those sell for about 20 mil tops fyi

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
fame and notoriety does mean a great deal actually, i'd never go to a rares fest that whispering rose radio is part of again, i wouldn't submit items to an auction during a rares fest unless the person in charge is a well known collector by most people and someone who i have dealt with in the past.

Also, it is not called being scammed when someone buys rares from you dirt cheap and then resells them for more, you should have researched the value of items before selling them. Everyone buys things and resells for more... thats how rares work.

I myself lost 4 expensive rares in the auction on pacific and was compensated 300 mil or so. For the Pac festival, people lost their rares because they trusted someone they shouldn't have and that person stole everything, on Cats, you lost your guild deed because of a simple mistake, those sell for about 20 mil tops fyi
I think the Pac fest dented everyone's armor lol. I personally moved my rares museum from the shard because of it and would not attend another WRR auction. I think most of us know who is trustworthy in the rares community and who we can stake our next fest in with. Just my 2 cents

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually BT what Apetul stated, "Fame and notoriety doesnt mean anything" is a very valid statement for any rares fest. I actually first met Apetul at the fest he is talking about getting scammed on prices, selling cheap and then watching the resell of his items quadrupled and I know the one that did it. Apetul was a noob on prices, trusted one of our very trusted collectors and got had, it should have never happened and taught him a great lesson.

I have to admit I am the one that got Apetul interested in collecting instead of just selling at that fest. I did a trade with him for his horse dung (which had been mine in years gone by and I had been dumb to sell it) and he is one to this day I have trusted to hold 500M for me while i changed chars at that same fest and I still trust him to this day.

I really just want to see the collectors come together and stick up for each other instead of the bickering. I have been collecting longer than most on these boards, I bought my first spitton and checkers for 50k which was all my gold at the time.

Let's figure out where the next will be held and let the fun begin :)

Let me get this straight, selling a 50k item for 500 mil is ok and yet selling a 5 mil bought item for 20 mil is bad? The only difference between the two is time and that makes all the difference? LOL

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the Pac fest dented everyone's armor lol. I personally moved my rares museum from the shard because of it and would not attend another WRR auction. I think most of us know who is trustworthy in the rares community and who we can stake our next fest in with. Just my 2 cents
ya i remember that when u got setup on chessy, a lot of people actually accused you of being the one that stole the pacific rares because you had been in the middle of redecoing your museum on pac at the time and people saw things thrown all over so they assumed it was you, i didnt really know you at the time so i didnt know whether it was you or not, although i didn't think it was cause gunga said he knew you well and said you didnt do it, then some guy named Tet or something ended up being the culprit, guy that they knew for 3 months and they gave him full access to the auction house :p but ya that was kinda lame how fingers got pointed to you during that, glad you're on Chesapeake now

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me get this straight, selling a 50k item for 500 mil is ok and yet selling a 5 mil bought item for 20 mil is bad? The only difference between the two is time and that makes all the difference? LOL
LOL I bought the spitton for 50k in 1998 and the checkers for 50k in 1998 and never sold either. I think that is what you call inflation after 12 years if they now sell for 500m. The 5m item sold for 20m was on the same day. Not much time for inflation and I didn't say there was anything wrong with that either.

What I said was sad was the fact that he was a noob collector/seller and ask someone that was supposed to give price checks at the fest for a pc and then that person bought them from him and turned around and sold them for the huge profit. The one giving the pc should have told him their value insteading of taking advantage of his not knowing the value. There is a huge difference in buying something cheap off of someones vendor and reselling. I really hope I never have to take advantage of a new collector/seller.

G

Gunga_Din

ya i remember that when u got setup on chessy, a lot of people actually accused you of being the one that stole the pacific rares because you had been in the middle of redecoing your museum on pac at the time and people saw things thrown all over so they assumed it was you, i didnt really know you at the time so i didnt know whether it was you or not, although i didn't think it was cause gunga said he knew you well and said you didnt do it, then some guy named Tet or something ended up being the culprit, guy that they knew for 3 months and they gave him full access to the auction house :p but ya that was kinda lame how fingers got pointed to you during that, glad you're on Chesapeake now
Only Trust The Gunga !! :) In Gunga we Trust !!

Woot 500th post = Sage !!

P.S. Next Rares Fest will be on Chesapeake, try and stop us !!! mu ha ha !!

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I bought the spitton for 50k in 1998 and the checkers for 50k in 1998 and never sold either. I think that is what you call inflation after 12 years if they now sell for 500m. The 5m item sold for 20m was on the same day. Not much time for inflation and I didn't say there was anything wrong with that either.

What I said was sad was the fact that he was a noob collector/seller and ask someone that was supposed to give price checks at the fest for a pc and then that person bought them from him and turned around and sold them for the huge profit. The one giving the pc should have told him their value insteading of taking advantage of his not knowing the value. There is a huge difference in buying something cheap off of someones vendor and reselling. I really hope I never have to take advantage of a new collector/seller.

I beg the differ. Can anyone tell me a server birth rare that sells for the 500 mil range now? Or better yet what server birth you would pay 500 mil for?

As I've stated before there are lot of holes in his story, but I digress. This thread is not about that and PMing all the posters on this subject won't make any differnce.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Only Trust The Gunga !! :) In Gunga we Trust !!

Woot 500th post = Sage !!
:thumbup: Nice Promotion but it does come with obligations and you begin to age much quicker.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I beg the differ. Can anyone tell me a server birth rare that sells for the 500 mil range now? Or better yet what server birth you would pay 500 mil for?

As I've stated before there are lot of holes in his story, but I digress. This thread is not about that and PMing all the posters on this subject won't make any differnce.
Oh sorry Manti, I now see where the 500m came into play. I didn't say I paid 500m for the horse dung, although he was offered 400m plus for it. I did a trade for the dung with no gold involved. What I did say was that he held 500m for me while I changed chars. The 500m went on something totally different. He just held the gold for me. You misread the post. Hope that clears up the misconception. So no holes in this story :)

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For those of you that didn't see MY elegantly composed response to Apetul before it was removed, I am truly sorry.

It was a Stratics work of art.

Now, for my *edited*, post:

Yes. I screwed up. When I placed the deed on display, I must have missed it when targeting with "I wish to lock this down".... I have no clue why I didn't double check, but I fully admitted to the mistake when I realized what happened.

What Apetul didn't tell you is this. I paid him 4 TIMES HIS STARTING BID, and apologized profusely to him. I also asked him if we could end it on a handshake, let me reimburse him for it, and that be the end of it, to handle it privately.

He agreed.

So, if anything can be gleaned from this, it's that out of a very busy week for me, I made a mistake that cost one person, one item. And I regret it deeply.

And also, don't trust when Apetul agrees to something that he'll keep his word.

We'll let the community as a whole decide on who will be negatively affected by YOU bringing this up.

And NO you are not excused.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thxs Demonous, felt at home on Chessy the first week I was there. Great group of people. But who is this Gunga character you speak of?. =)

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh sorry Manti, I now see where the 500m came into play. I didn't say I paid 500m for the horse dung, although he was offered 400m plus for it. I did a trade for the dung with no gold involved. What I did say was that he held 500m for me while I changed chars. The 500m went on something totally different. He just held the gold for me. You misread the post. Hope that clears up the misconception. So no holes in this story :)
so it was you that traded for the horse dung? i dont even remember who had it but it was at the Great Lakes rares festival as far i can remember, i offered the guy 400 mil and he traded it for 300 mil worth of items, i was kind of upset about it because it made no sense to me, i could have just bought all those items and traded to him and gave more gold ontop of it, ah actually i just checked my icq log and it turns out the guy who had the horse dung was MeneM of LS, thats who Apetul is, dunno about others but id rather have gold than items so i can buy what i want, especially if the gold amount is more than what the items are worth

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
could someone who knows more of the pac inncedent pm me the details. whispering rose radio did the auction and it was messed up? like i said i wasnt around then and if they caused problems i dont know about i apologise for even bringing it up. in my experience they were always on the up and up.

slickjack what i read was not an attack on you by apetul but just a comment that something simular to the inncident on pac had actually happened. and it was something that is very understandable.there are many fast decaying items out there and ive had it happen to me on quite a few occasions.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so it was you that traded for the horse dung? i dont even remember who had it but it was at the Great Lakes rares festival as far i can remember, i offered the guy 400 mil and he traded it for 300 mil worth of items, i was kind of upset about it because it made no sense to me, i could have just bought all those items and traded to him and gave more gold ontop of it
It was me Demon and I didn't know it was you that had offered the 400m. He took the items I offered because he wanted them more than he wanted the gold so both parties were happy. I will always do a trade before a buy and even trade high on my end if it is something I really want. You know how females are :)

Now where are we going to have the next fest?

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok i just checked my icq log, here are the exact items that you traded to Apetul for horsedung, Shalanria...

nice&naughty shirts, golden compass, glacialbox

and i figured those were like 300 mil at the time, its quite a bit less than that, now im even more curious why he wouldn't sell me the horse dung for 400 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.