• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Musical chairs

G

This is funny and wierd, even had a friend come check it out. I can't sit and eat at my tables
. I have tried several chairs and tables. I get my food, sit down then stand up and sit down in another chair. I do this till there are no more chairs and finally eat standing up
. I finally tried putting food on the tables(several kinds) and it won't let me.

I know it's funny looking, but I want to eat sitting..lol

Wassa

G

Weird!

Sometimes if you have the chairs too close together, sims will do that, but not sure what your setup looks like....

I

imported_Demirosa

Hi, hope this helps,

I had the same case at my Sim house, and it just took a little while to register the tables and chairs. First of all, mine were custom content, and second, I had originally placed them in places that ended up trapping my Sim (since then, I have moved them to an open area so my Sim isn't trapped anymore).

But now, after a few times entering and leaving the lot, and also preparing a new meal each time in attempt to force my Sim to use the dining chairs/tables, all the tables and chairs work perfectly and my Sim uses them. The exact same thing happened with my CC counters, and now my Sim uses them like regular counters. This MIGHT be the case for you -- if not, then I am sorry I am not much help. Good luck!!!

A

Angelalala

I had a sort-of similar problem. My sim couldn't cook because when I'd click on the refrigerator her only options were Manage (Restock) or Salvage. She also couldn't Play Chess... just Salvage or Hide.

I made one of my alt-sims a roomie... SHE... was able to do everything. Then... the owner/original sim could do them too. (Maybe she learned from watching... lol.)

G

thanx, but they are all catalog items. will figure it out somehow..lol

G

Are they too close to other objects that have certain pathing requirements? The stove and refrigerator can cause pathing problems with other objects.

G

I have a similar phenomenon.
I have a 6 tile table with 4 chairs around it, and 4 sims eating at the same time.
The table is catalog, the chairs are custom.

Pretty often the sims will refuse to use one of the seats and run off to another table. That spot of the table will be "taken" for the whole day or more. Then sometimes they start using it again.

It might be a pathing problem but if it is, the game "remembers" there was a problem, which seems weird. But I have also had a sim turn pink once and that square of the table disappeared and reappeared, so maybe it was damaged and only works sometimes.

D

disturbedmale31

i have an almost the same problem i bought a piano and everytime i sit down to play it i stand right back up and you can still hear the piano playing and i can run around and not be any where near it and also tryied it with one of my other sims and the same thing

G

Sounds like it would be fun to watch !

Resetting the items in inventory might help some of the problems being discussed in this thread.

Polly

G

I had this happen but it wasn't because of the chairs, it was the tables. I had to replace my Moraccan tables with the cheap ones and the problem was solved. It is a strange but whether it is with the tables or the chairs.

G

The pronlem was the tables for some reason. The chairs and tables were not too close to each other. I had them upstairs, 2nd floor is floating. put them downstairs nad I can eat at the tables..just wierd..lol. It is funny to watch tho. Interesting to see all hte lil bugs witht he tables and chairs..lol

G

Is your whole kitchen on a floating upstairs? This is very tricky pathing, I had alot of trouble with this in beta. For some reason sims just do not care to have upstairs kitchens! Make sure your stove, fridge and tables arent in the path of any doors or walkways to other areas.

I

imported_Danny Dots

Are they CC tables and chairs?

My av hates putting plates on a CC counter top, i don't know why, it's silly, lol.

Sometimes he wont eat at the CC table either, he'll run to the other side of the house where there is a table and chair from EA's catalog.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Are they CC tables and chairs?
My av hates putting plates on a CC counter top, i don't know why, it's silly, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason for that is, there are no CC counters - at all!
It's a 1-tiled table that just looks like a counter. The sims will always prefer to put food on a real counter instead.

On the bright side, you could put some cool bar stools by the counters and have like a kitchen "island" with stools. Take advantage of the fact that they function as tables!