• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Museum Magnum Opus Re-Opens with Three and a Half Moongates

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
Howdy Peeps!

After removing 1600 granite tiles (so people's clients don't crash on my steps), I've reopened Magnum Opus to the public! The museum is located on Atlantic Northwest of Vesper Trammel.

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 7.39.36 PM.png

On display is my personal collection of over 400 rare items including ~125 uniques (and 3 1/2 moongates). The museum will be open to the public through February.

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 6.47.36 PM.png

Cheers!

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you need to set up trash bins around the place, people get sick to their stomach with how awesome everything is

Agath_Darkbane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm so excited for you and for all of us who can see it. I can't wait to stop by and I can personally attest to the amount of lag all those tiles can create and I applaud you for starting from the ground up to make things easier for everyone.

Cheers!

Agath Darkbane

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If Bill & Ted (the Excellent Adventurers) were to grab Leonardo da Vinci, bring him to the future to show him UO and brought him to your castle, he would weep, break his brushes and exclaim " I am not worthy! "

If they then brought him back to his own time, he would focus all his genius into replicating this masterpiece, and its quite possible that we would be celebrating UO's 500th anniversary this year.

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's an amazing crazy collection! I've been wondering where that Mesanna Doll had gone to. With everything you have now, what could possibly be on your rares wishlist now?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I just need to stop trying to find any items, and to wait until you, Manticore, and Pampa DH unveil them all to the public. :D Nice job!

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I can say is begeezes that's so cool those moongates! I will have to stop by and see your museum when I time permits. Hope you keep it open for awhile.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Your collection is by far the most impressive I have ever seen in UO. It looks amazing! :)

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you go there, enter through the small house to the east and take the teleporter, but before you go through be sure to read the ridiculously perfect open book sitting there, it had to have been made with this collection in mind

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
With everything you have now, what could possibly be on your rares wishlist now?
Well... now that I think about it, glad you asked! Here are the top 10 things that I wouldn't mind owning (in order of wantiness). :p
  1. Pampa's "Void Rock" (still the best EM item ever)
  2. Thor's "Spider Post"
  3. Devil's Own's "Hand Spun Spider Net"
  4. Jove's "Blood Cocoon"
  5. Spider Halo (unknown whereabouts)
  6. Shadow Web (unknown whereabouts)
  7. Thor's "Blood Tick"
  8. Decadence's "I Kill Because I care"
  9. Laina's "Yatterberry Bush" (Void colored)
  10. Nails' secret collection of awesomeness (I know you have it, Nails!) :p
But in all seriousness, I would be content not adding a thing to the museum as it is. I originally named the castle Magnum Opus as a title to represent its massive alchemy display. But the primary meaning of the latin term seemed to take over. I've designed many houses and had many museums throughout the years, but this truly is my "great work".

I'm so grateful for the community that helped me acquire my dream collection. My passion in UO has always been the commerce (I spend more time buying/selling/trading than anything else... mainly buying), so I'm happy others appreciate what I've put together.

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Jove, I totally need to see that Blood Cocoon! :D

@Clops, since you always need something to keep hunting for, here's a few more suggestions that would fit your theme, most of them items I've not found yet:

• William's Book Of Blood
  • Zak's Book Of Pain
  • the 3 Magical Blue Flasks (I've found one)
  • the 2 Magical Yellow Beakers
  • Skull of a Gargoyle Fisherman
  • Embrace of the Abyss
  • Tacklebox Engraved As Champion October 2011 (I've found one; it's the one you're missing)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
If you can help make any more sense of them, let me know! :D

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you for opening this up to the public. I just went and had a look and I'm blown away! The yew tree pieces gave me shivers! I'm curious about the story behind the color-changing tunic with the book next to it?

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
Thank you for opening this up to the public. I just went and had a look and I'm blown away! The yew tree pieces gave me shivers! I'm curious about the story behind the color-changing tunic with the book next to it?
It is my understanding that "Coelacanth's Ugly Platemail" was unintentionally lootable from an event boss creature. Mesanna allowed the original owner to keep it under the conditions that it would not be moved, sold, or worn (It's actually unwearable - it drops to your pack if you try to equip it).

The tunic has a script attached to it that changes its color semi-randomly once every 5 to 7 seconds. I tried dying it on test center, and the script overwrites the dye and continues to change the color.

When donated, the original owner and I both pinged Mesanna when it was moved to my museum to let her know of its location and that I agreed to the original terms. I don't know of any other item that's had such unusual circumstances tied to it.

Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 1.50.12 PM.png