• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Museum Ideas

omggrok

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I recently started up my account again, and transferred to an 18x18 plot. I've got a pretty basic design there now, but am dissatisfied with it in light of seeing everything you all have to offer. I ask - does anyone have any good examples for a museum? I've got plenty to display, but also need a room for my own possessions (used to be a treasure room) and have a rune library to provide.

I can get screencaps of my old house and new design if it'd help inspire any suggestions - let me know and thanks in advance!

K

kray2s

So I recently started up my account again, and transferred to an 18x18 plot. I've got a pretty basic design there now, but am dissatisfied with it in light of seeing everything you all have to offer. I ask - does anyone have any good examples for a museum? I've got plenty to display, but also need a room for my own possessions (used to be a treasure room) and have a rune library to provide.

I can get screencaps of my old house and new design if it'd help inspire any suggestions - let me know and thanks in advance!

Hi,

I recently had the same problem as you seem to be having. I found i liked elaborate house designs but often these left little in the way of "floor space" to allow for display of items. So either it was a case of being very creative with the placement of items to allow them to be displayed in somewhat cramp conditions, or, dont go so elaborate with the design and allow for more room inside to create the floor room to display the rares / items with the passion they deserve.
Im sure its possible to have both, but personally i toned down my house design (just a little) and allowed for the floor space.

Pics of some rooms are below, and more can be found in a thread somewhere around these boards.

I also wanted my house to display my items and yet still serve as being somewhat functional.

For displaying items -

Decorative boxes (creates and other items can be used) with raised goza mats looks very nice imo. I also liked using the airmoires (if i remember the name of the chest correctly) again with raised goza mats to make shelving units. example underneath in pic :-

More examples of how gozas can help create display areas are in this pic : -

The pic above shows my curators office where again i used benches / armoires etc with goza mats raised. The white gozas on the east side have a torch locked down at each end to give the appearance of the shelves legs etc.

Also, another way to display which,imo, creates a nice shelving / display area is creativly raised benches (personally i hate stacking them on top of each other when it can be avoided)

I hope these ideas can help you to create some of your own.

I really think it is worth looking at what you have got to display and then thinking your house around these things. Meaning, do you want to display your items in sections like a bedroom / dining room / crafters area etc or do you want a place which offers a grand hall with many display cases on the same level? as the final design of the house will affect where you can place / display items after.

One last thing i will say is be creative. So many museum owners just place loads of stone tables , or , Bar tops from the customise menu, and then just lock their items down on those with it resulting in them looking largely the same. In customising and decoing nothing is out right wrong, if "You" like it, its all good.

If you would like to come and have a look around im on eurpoa shard but pls feel free to pm me etc.

I wish you luck in your designing and fortune in your decoing :) Cant wait to see the piccies of the final layout.