• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

multiboxer on Napa

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
went to snag a fire beetle on Napa.
ran into this fella...... errr.... these fella's?
not very chatty guys.
just sat there for a couple of hours killing whatever spawned.
so if anyone is bored and wants to see what multiboxing looks like, swing into Napa and go to the Fire Beetle spawn in the Yamato Mines at the very end.
can't miss them!

multiboxer 2023a.jpg

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is that feather icon on all of their PDs ? I don't get out much.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
ps
i thought fan dancer room was the place to farm for cheating in tokuna ? this guy miss the memo?

Outlaw Torn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have paged on this guy multiple times along with the oni bots on all shards and nothing is done to them......

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They thought the Treasures of Feudal Lands already began?

Or a GM with a sense of humor sent them there from the Dojo?

Outlaw Torn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These guys are bad but the oni bots that are full auto on atleast 10 shards are killing the market.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if it's a multi boxer, not looked close enough but there's someone in that spot on Europa. Pain in my rear when I want to tame a fire beetle for the pet stall I maintain in Magincia. Sadly the new spawning fire beetle I cause when I catch one doesn't really bother them much.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make everything shard bound. Yeah I know transfer to and from Atl is big business and I myself transfer and buy stuff too, but put that stuff on the UO store for players to buy, get rid of the need to transfer to buy stuff so the "1 billion platinum sitting in the banks of a hand full of players", stops...and EA/BS is sure to make just as much money from the ingame store as they make from the paid account Luna/Atl houses that are making trillions of uo dollars....just my opinion lol

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Vendor Search will locate what you are searching for in ........ ( recalculating ) ..... ( recalculating) .... please wait while we ....( recalculating)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Vendor Search will locate what you are searching for in ........ ( recalculating ) ..... ( recalculating) .... please wait while we ....( recalculating)
it be great, you see the items you need on another shard, in the VS, click to buy it (not to get a map) and your gold is spent there and the items appears in your pack here

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know it’s a little nitpicky, but if we are going to complain and report abuse we should probably identify it correctly. This does not look like multi boxing to me. It looks like several characters placed in the same spot running and auto attack/loot script. This could be attended or unattended, there’s really no way to tell for us players. Obviously given the amount of time they are there and the lack of movement to collect mobs it seems unattended.

If you’re going to report them I would use the physical harassment option and describe it as unattended play.

Generally speaking multi boxing is attended play, which this doesn’t appear to be and could potentially be dismissed by a GM looking for multi boxing behavior.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know it’s a little nitpicky, but if we are going to complain and report abuse we should probably identify it correctly. This does not look like multi boxing to me. It looks like several characters placed in the same spot running and auto attack/loot script. This could be attended or unattended, there’s really no way to tell for us players. Obviously given the amount of time they are there and the lack of movement to collect mobs it seems unattended.

If you’re going to report them I would use the physical harassment option and describe it as unattended play.

Generally speaking multi boxing is attended play, which this doesn’t appear to be and could potentially be dismissed by a GM looking for multi boxing behavior.
It's multi-boxing. I have seen the chars leave when weapon repair was needed. First char got stuck on a corner and all chars landed on that same tile for a few seconds. Very obvious what it is.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
it be great, you see the items you need on another shard, in the VS, click to buy it (not to get a map) and your gold is spent there and the items appears in your pack here
in theory yes, but do you think they could actually pull this off ?? :dunce:

Onixia The Paladin

Journeyman
Governor
If he is doing this unattended, I guarantee they have a built in alarm. If you want to have some fun just go up to them and type EM EM EM EM EM ARE YOU THERE! lol Otherwise, just keep playing or drag the spawn away.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Funny thing is that doing something like could be considered griefing and the person doing that would likely be banned before the person unattended multiboxing is actioned
That would mean they are attended and saw what happened.

I would gather a bunch of stuff, run to them, say look out, invis, say sorry and run away.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's multi-boxing. I have seen the chars leave when weapon repair was needed. First char got stuck on a corner and all chars landed on that same tile for a few seconds. Very obvious what it is.
Auto-follow would do that… the fact that you see a “first character” with the others landing on the same spot is actually evidence it’s not multi boxing. Multi-box characters move all at once on the same tile, there wouldn’t be a “first character”.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Auto-follow would do that… the fact that you see a “first character” with the others landing on the same spot is actually evidence it’s not multi boxing. Multi-box characters move all at once on the same tile, there wouldn’t be a “first character”.
I KNOW what multi-boxing is. You can't miss it after playing over 22 years. There has to be a main char that leads. And NO auto follow does not have you stand on the same tile, it has every char following on a different tile when you stop.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dev team looks at it as, "Hey, that's 4 paid subs... " nothing will be done.

If you goto any of the slower shards you will see the same thing, boxing for splinter weps. On Pac theres a regular group at the fandancer, dojo, miasma and the mines 24/7.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I KNOW what multi-boxing is. You can't miss it after playing over 22 years. There has to be a main char that leads. And NO auto follow does not have you stand on the same tile, it has every char following on a different tile when you stop.
Again, you’re actually wrong. By definition, multi boxing is using a single keyboard and mouse to pass commands to all clients simultaneously. There isn’t a main character that leads… they are all the main character. Yes, auto follow can have character land on different tiles, but they can also land on the same tile… heck, I’ve had auto follow characters that go through gates and teleporters on occasion.

I haven’t personally seen them move, so it’s certainly possible that they are multi boxing, but everything I’ve seen (yes, I’ve been down and observed them) does not point to multi boxing… it points to afk scripting.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Amazing to think I lost an account years back for running a wood chopping script when you see these far more advanced accounts farming for days.

The similarities between UO and most democratically ran cities in the US are shocking. Once you stop enforcement of the law you might as well kiss civil society goodbye.

Expecting this team to do anything about this is absurd, for all we know it's them

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I have my guys following. They are all moving at different speeds on my monitors. On one it will look like a guy is way behind and on the other monitor he is close. But if I use stairs on the leader, the rest pile up. If I were multiboxing, they would all move at the same pace.

To see if they are multiboxing, see if they all do a command at the same time. I can not have all my followers attack or recall at the same time. A person with faster reflexes could move from screen to screen and press a macro pretty fast, but there will be a delay. Mine has a big delay.

My wife cant use my mouse because 1 1/2 inches moves across 3 screens.

Expecting this team to do anything about this is absurd, for all we know it's them
Why would a developer do this? They could make weapons. I see why you have no clue about politics either. Pure fantasy land your ideas come from.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When a em event messed up we get a login screen reply instantly yet any real issues ignored making it feel like RMT players are more important than the average player
The LS event messed up on Sunday and had no drop, I did not see a notice. Stop making up stuff.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you miss the login page do you need a screen shot? Who did the house placement "fix" help ?
This is the only EM event they felt needed to be answered for because they probably got a ton of feedback from the situation. And you have to throw in bug fixes after the fact since your post is false. Yes they tell us about some bug/exploit fixes on the main page. They will never tell us why or how they did an exploit fix.

Ask your bridge house GF if it affected her IDOC exploiting.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would a developer do this? They could make weapons. I see why you have no clue about politics either. Pure fantasy land your ideas come from.
Fantasy. So we all just sit here and pretend that this team is working as hard as thier paychecks deserve because the evidence shows so? We have all seen this team's of scripted chars running around yet it is acceptable because they are paid for accounts? If the game is so dependent upon a handful of these types of accounts being the difference between profitable or not its already over, if they choose to willingly allow it I'm not sure what answer one should conclude. Complict?

It's very possible they don't play the game nor read the forums or public discussions, thus I could see them not seeing these farmers as an issue at all. Replace the team.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fantasy. So we all just sit here and pretend that this team is working as hard as thier paychecks deserve because the evidence shows so? We have all seen this team's of scripted chars running around yet it is acceptable because they are paid for accounts? If the game is so dependent upon a handful of these types of accounts being the difference between profitable or not its already over, if they choose to willingly allow it I'm not sure what answer one should conclude. Complict?

It's very possible they don't play the game nor read the forums or public discussions, thus I could see them not seeing these farmers as an issue at all. Replace the team.

I would say this poster hit the nail on the head.
Dev team looks at it as, "Hey, that's 4 paid subs... " nothing will be done.
Now who told the team to think that way? EA? Broadsword? Or is it their idea?

A team burned the duper houses. Who knows if they got a reprimand for that.

When you see the last M&G transcript, you will find that Mesanna said they have a plan for scripters.
Scripters were brought up more than once.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Legends event on 9/12 jerk stole the Chest that EM Cirillia sat down. I figure the EM was in on it cause she DID NOTHING and Mesanna didn't want to hear about it.

It's time we face it The RMTers, Gold sellers and what not have Mesanna and Co. on their PAYROLL!

Until we fight back, to Mesanna and Co. the average player is dog poop on their shoe.

I heard one RMTer pays Mesanna as much as $10,000.

Up beside that our $103.92 in subscriptions is chump change. It may have to go away as I was laid off on 9/6.

I put in 4 - 6 applications per day. I got a couple of upcoming interviews; we'll see what happens.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would say this poster hit the nail on the head.

Now who told the team to think that way? EA? Broadsword? Or is it their idea?

A team burned the duper houses. Who knows if they got a reprimand for that.

When you see the last M&G transcript, you will find that Mesanna said they have a plan for scripters.
Scripters were brought up more than once.
We all know they got reprimand it was in the article

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We all know they got reprimand it was in the article
Well then why are we speculating? They were told by their bosses not to do extreme things.

Amazing how knowing the truth provides answers.

You answer Lucs post now. I upset them in the chat at the M&G. Shhh don't tell them it was me.

Ask if the EM was in on it, why didn't they just give the person the item without drama? Or does Drama remove all suspicion? :lol:
An EM can remove items from your backpack.

A

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Back to OP! BIG NEWS! I'm now sure that invisible guy on beetle is the leader of all the multi boxers across all shards!
he's a shady SOB, clutch your purse strings and lock away your children!

or clutch your children and loosen your purse strings..... errrr..... flip it and reverse it maybe?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I don't think the Dev team is actually running the bots...I think that is the least likely of scenarios. That said, I could see Mesanna getting some sort of kickback to look the other way (highly doubt it's $10k) but honestly I don't know if I really think that either.

I think the more likely situation is the Dev team would rather turn a blind eye to it...see no evil / hear no evil. If over half of subs are actually just scripting bots as some speculate then it's definitely only a matter of time before the game shuts down... why would Messana want to put herself out of a job any sooner by banning them? Might as well milk EA for as much as possible for as long as possible until things actually do shut down. I doubt they would offer her another job so there isn't much harm (for her) to ride it out until the servers shut down.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't honestly think they are running these accounts but I do believe they are aware of them in one form or another.

It's not a good situation for sure and telling of a system which is broken.

I'd agree in that Messana is probably just collecting her paychecks without much else in the offering. She has no passion for the game, it sadly shows.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Want to put a dent in gold sellers business? Do what WoW has done. Make gametime purchasable via sovereigns and allow it to be traded as a token.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Want to put a dent in gold sellers business? Do what WoW has done. Make gametime purchasable via sovereigns and allow it to be traded as a token.
Ahh but the difference is, WoW has how many hundreds of thousands accounts active? Comapared to Ultimas thousands of active accounts?

If you made it like purchasing gametime using in game gold, then you lose the only real main source of revenue UO is generating...subcription money. WoW can afford to lose that money because it isnt there olnly revenue generating service. I doubt UO store is making that kinda cash.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh but the difference is, WoW has how many hundreds of thousands accounts active? Comapared to Ultimas thousands of active accounts?

If you made it like purchasing gametime using in game gold, then you lose the only real main source of revenue UO is generating...subcription money. WoW can afford to lose that money because it isnt there olnly revenue generating service. I doubt UO store is making that kinda cash.
But I also just re-read what you typed, maybe making it purchasable via sovereigns would work. Who knows!?!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they are on legends as well, you will also see them in the fan dancer logo entrance, all BOTTING I have lost count of the times I have paged.

they are after splintering weapons, and you will see them dumping the over spill or the ones they dont want, script decided.

ALL automated in a 100% safe area as they will auto target and kill anyirthgn that spawns

Makes me sick

we have to come to the conclusion that the one or both of the following is happening

Mesanna and the goons have NOT clue about this game
or they are trousering some $$$$$$$ to turn a blind eye
Or, they are in on it to feather their nests before the curtains close for the final time. But this game limps on in defiance

There are NO other options sits blatantly obvious