• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moving house location

M

Malius

Greetings.
I have a question regarding housing.
I own 2 grandfathered houses, on seperate shards.
If I want to upgrade my home on my main shard, how does that affect both houses already in my possession?
Will the one on my main shard, that I am "moving" to a new location be immediately condemned upon the new placement? And if so, what would that entail regarding "moving"?
And lastly, would the other shard's grandfathered house be affected at all?
Thanks from a housing rules nOOb! :)
Malius

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might be wrong, as it might have changed and I missed it somewhere, but last I heard was that when an account has grandfathered houses on it, all the existing houses on the account will go condemned if another house is placed. Like I said though, I might be wrong, and if so, hopefully someone else will let us know.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from the KB

and the part that seems relevant to you is this:

Primary house: This house is owned by an active game account, and has been established by the player to be that account's primary house. The house refresh state on the house menu-gump of a primary house will be listed on the house sign as "Automatic." Primary houses will no longer display any decay stage, as the house will be automatically refreshed, and will no longer decay.
Note: setting a house as a primary house will automatically set all other houses owned by that account, on any shard, to a condemned state.

Grandfathered house: This house is owned by an active game account, but has not been established by the player to be that account's primary house. The house refresh state on the house menu-gump will be listed as "Grandfathered." A grandfathered house will not decay, much the same as a primary house.

and from here

If you own more than one house on an account, your houses are grandfathered. You are able to customize grandfathered houses as you are not placing a house, simply changing the house model. All of the normal housing rules still apply however, so be certain not to demolish and place a new house in order to customize. All you need to do is select the "Convert Into Customizable House" option. Please read all the information on house customization before doing so as this is not reversible.

Three types of classic houses can not be customized: Castles, Keeps and L-Shaped houses.

Accounts that are not Age of Shadows upgraded or newer can not customize a house nor can they own one that has been customized.

and most importantly, this one

No, you will not lose any existing houses you owned prior to Publish 16. Players who owned multiple houses prior to Publish 16, regardless of whether the multiple houses are on different shards or all on the same shard, are allowed to maintain these houses. Acquiring a new house will put all other houses owned by that account on any shard into condemned status, meaning they cannot be refreshed and will decay within 5 days. Players may opt to own only one house per account, setting that house as primary, and causing any other houses on that account to become condemned and decay. In exchange, the primary house will be automatically refreshed for as long as the account remains active. Any player who places a new house (this includes upgrading an old house by redeeding it and replacing it with a new house), or has a house transferred to them will be automatically opted into this system.

M

Malius

Thanks for those replies!
I had perused the info in-game on the "condemned" status, but was slightly confused about the "grandfathered" wording.
So....it seems that if I attempt "move" to a new location on my Primary shard, both shards' houses will be condemned.
If I am willing to let go of the house on the Secondary shard, is it better to go ahead and place the 2nd house on Primary, and THEN move belongings to new home?
In other words, what's the best way to get the new house operational, as far as transferring all my STUFF from the current grandfathered place to the new one.
Thanks again for any help,
Malius

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah, I'll never understand why things need to be worded so that you need to read them three times to understand.... should be written "if you do *this* then *this* will happen" ;)

you'll have five days to get your stuff moved, and you'll lose the secondary house on the other shard, yes, but I have never, ever trusted the housing timer (tho it probably works as intended) and I always pack up everything in chests I can carry, lay the new foundation and then get it all moved in the same night..... makes for some late nights, yes :D

good luck in your new home