• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Movie Quote Thread [OT]

G

Remember this old game ?? we havnt played it on here for quite some time.. So im re opening it again.

For those who have no idea of how its played.

I post a quote from a movie, first person to name the movie it comes from, as well as the actor & character who said it (waiting for confirmation from the person who posted the quote) takes the lead and posts another quote from any movie.

So to get the ball rolling....
movie
actor
character
<blockquote><hr>

Ladies! Will you please shut it? Listen to me. Yes, I lied to you. No, I don't love you. Of course it makes you look fat. I've never been to Brussels. It is pronounced "egregious". By the way, no, I've never met Pizzaro but i love his pies. And all of the pails to utter insignificance in light of the fact that my ship is once again gone. Savvy?

[/ QUOTE ]

F

five oclock

Pirates of the caribbean

johnny Deep

Captain Jack Sparrow

G

Actually fink yours was the right one, she forgot to mention which pirates movie it was, where as you did

G

hehe nope :p it was the last one "At Worlds End"

watch out for fink though, he can dish up some curly ones....

fink... batter up!

G

dang it that one was easy peasy and i wasnt here to get it haha

G

Oh, okay.. damn, didn't know anyone read my post before I edited it.

Erm..

"That rug really held the room together"

C

Cymoril

<blockquote><hr>

Oh, okay.. damn, didn't know anyone read my post before I edited it.

Erm..

"That rug really held the room together"

[/ QUOTE ]Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you'd quote The Big Lebowski. The line was said by Dude, and for some reason Jeff Bridges comes to me as the actor, but I don't think that's right...

C

Cymoril

Oh cool, ok!

<blockquote><hr>

"I've never used the word "spinster" in my life. Okay, once, when I told my mother it was technically incorrect to call her son a spinster."

[/ QUOTE ]
Edit: Movie and char would do for this one.

G

The dialogue sounds British.. like something out of Love Actually or Brigit Jones, but I don't know it.

I

imported_JediSith

"Say hello to my little friend" quote the movie other than scarface.

G

youv'e got to solve the previous quote first before you can make another.

C

Cymoril

ok well i'm going away for a few days so I'll make an easier one...

<blockquote><hr>

Now get out of my Van Halen T-Shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

[/ QUOTE ]

C

Cymoril

That does it surely. Character is Robbie Hart.

Over to you, Stumpy, and I'm off to Nelson Bay! *waves to Oceania on her way out*

G

<blockquote><hr>

I was sittin flickin chickens
and going through the pickins
When suddenly these guys break down my walls
I did not even know them
and they grab me by the scrotum
And stated playing ping-pong with my balls
Oy the agony
Ooh the shame
To make your privates public for a game!

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my absolute favorite movies.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I was sittin flickin chickens
and going through the pickins
When suddenly these guys break down my walls
I did not even know them
and they grab me by the scrotum
And stated playing ping-pong with my balls
Oy the agony
Ooh the shame
To make your privates public for a game!

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my absolute favorite movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eeeeew!

G

sounds like its either monty python or something from mel brooks

G

<blockquote><hr>

sounds like its either monty python or something from mel brooks

[/ QUOTE ]

It might just be.

F

five oclock

History of the world: part #1

The actor was Jackie Mason and Im going to go out on a limb here and say he was #1

Good movie btw...Only Mel Brooks could make a movie like this one LOL.

F

five oclock

Well thank you, pal. The day I get outta prison, my own brother picks me up in a police car!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ahhh! Woooh! What's happening? Who am I? Why am I here? What's my purpose in life? What do I mean by who am I? Okay okay, calm down calm down get a grip now. Ooh, this is an interesting sensation. What is it? Its a sort of tingling in my... well I suppose I better start finding names for things. Lets call it a... tail! Yeah! Tail! And hey, what's this roaring sound, whooshing past what I'm suddenly gonna call my head? Wind! Is that a good name? It'll do. Yeah, this is really exciting. I'm dizzy with anticipation! Or is it the wind? There's an awful lot of that now isn't it? And what's this thing coming toward me very fast? So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like 'Ow', 'Ownge', 'Round', 'Ground'! That's it! Ground! Ha! I wonder if it'll be friends with me? Hello Ground!

[/ QUOTE ]

S

siyeng0

<blockquote><hr>

Ahhh! Woooh! What's happening? Who am I? Why am I here? What's my purpose in life? What do I mean by who am I? Okay okay, calm down calm down get a grip now. Ooh, this is an interesting sensation. What is it? Its a sort of tingling in my... well I suppose I better start finding names for things. Lets call it a... tail! Yeah! Tail! And hey, what's this roaring sound, whooshing past what I'm suddenly gonna call my head? Wind! Is that a good name? It'll do. Yeah, this is really exciting. I'm dizzy with anticipation! Or is it the wind? There's an awful lot of that now isn't it? And what's this thing coming toward me very fast? So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like 'Ow', 'Ownge', 'Round', 'Ground'! That's it! Ground! Ha! I wonder if it'll be friends with me? Hello Ground!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a movie. :p

The whale in the "Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy" five-part trilogy... er... *thinks* Dammit, which one? I'll say "Restaurant at the End of the Universe." Just a guess.

G

Actually it is a movie, the latest movie version of Hitch-hikers Guide, released a couple years ago, was quite cool too =) Poor whale!

G

Oh, really? Well, siyeng basically had it, she just didn't know the movie is all =P

Humm, find a movie...

<blockquote><hr>

Wrong, sir, wrong! Under Section Thirty-Seven B of the contract signed by him it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if--and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy: "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera . . . fax mentis incendium gloria culpum, et cetera, et cetera . . . memo bis punitor delicatum! It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal!

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not the best bit of the movie to quote, but it'll do!

G

Geriatrics

<blockquote><hr>

Wrong, sir, wrong! Under Section Thirty-Seven B of the contract signed by him it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if--and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy: "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera . . . fax mentis incendium gloria culpum, et cetera, et cetera . . . memo bis punitor delicatum! It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal!

[/ QUOTE ]

willy wonka ?

G

Geriatrics

from one of my favourite movies

<blockquote><hr>

Vincent, get in the car, this is embarrassing. You're acting like some girl who got felt up at the drive-in

[/ QUOTE ]

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

from one of my favourite movies

<blockquote><hr>

Vincent, get in the car, this is embarrassing. You're acting like some girl who got felt up at the drive-in

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh lord, that has almost got to be Pulp Fiction, tho I can't for the life of me think of which character says it...

G

Geriatrics

no it's not from pulp fiction but i knew alot of people would be thinking that

G

Well i may aswell answer it seems no one else has any idea!!!
The quote is from the colour of money it was said by fast eddie felson who was played by paul newman

G

Guess its my go
Should be quite easy, few clues in the quote

"This is not gonna work, Little Chef! I'm gonna lose it if we do this any more. We gotta... we gotta figure out something else. Something that doesn't involve any biting, or nipping, or running up and down my body with your little rat feet. Biting, no! Scampering, no!"

G

Geriatrics

i haven't seen the movie at all nor have i seen any shorts of the movie
but being the excellent intelligentleman detectivething that i am
putting together the information you've given me and i shouldnt speak to other people when im stoned and no chemists are open to get pain killers cos you just broke a rib from falling off the roof because you were drunk and lost your frisbee so decided to get it , but you have friends with who smoke pot
i've gotten side tracked and have no idea what im talking about now
but ratatoullie ?

G

Geriatrics

i have no idea but now im in the right frame of mind with proper pain killers
it still hurts to breath

G

ill be sympathetic and let you have it, poor old bugger!!
Linguini said it to remy the rat

your up