• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Movement based skills

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the Ava Straden magery guide (http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=63848) is explained the boat training. It's said also "This method works for necromancy, spirit speak, music and peacemaking, chivalry, and all the other movement based skills". Well I actually train my bard in my home for music and peace without moving and it seems to work and I have not seen anything about that in the Liah guide. Did I missed something somewhere ?

5% Luck

movment based skill gain has been removed for about 2 years now HURAY!

I hated that system!

O

Ossie1

Is that right? No more 8x8 boat training?

Been gone a while.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
No, 8x8 doesn't work anymore. Movement-based training has been replaced by the Guaranteed Gain System (GGS).

The downside of GGS is that it may make training a bit slower. However, on the brightside, you can now train most of your skills within the comfort of your own home.

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No the gareentied gains system came out way before 8x8 was done away with. GGS replaced powerhour.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ah, I see. Sometimes I miss power hour... :-D

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8x8 was replace by what is now referred to as the RNG (random number generator).

It takes longer to train now, so they have introduced training aids from time to time.

The best being the black rock training area! But the new scrolls are nice as well!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the "black rock event" was going on you could mine pieces of black rock in certain areas. Mining there would spawn Blackrock elements (mean tough buggers).

Now if you skill trained in that area you would get gains just like anywhere else, but instead of a gain being .1 it could be anything from .2 to .5.

Needless to say alot of training went on in black rock areas.

When they turned black rock mining off the bonus gains went away!
However the Devs have said that BR mining/ training will return eventually!

:)