• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mounts

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Grimm,

I understand this question might be more of an engineering question, but I was wondering what it takes to make a UO mount? For example, I've noticed different heights, or changes in the Z-Axis of the character sprite, given different rideables, but never a change in XY. Do these increments follow the same rules as the House Tool as far as "up" or "down?" A unicorn seems to have the highest Z-Axis. If so, could a new rideable have a higher Z-Axis than that of a unicorn, or is the unicorn the absolute max before players are going through the roof while mounted?

I have to go do the Dreadhorn sometime to get a more realistic idea of how the asset looks on a tile, but for now, I was thinking, we could use a male version of the unicorn ;)...

Concept using Ridgeback-level mount position
Good observation! We try to keep the avatar as centered as possible so that as the player turns, we don't have to special case the offsets for every direction. As for size, we generally have to make the mounts all the same size since mounted offsets are a lot harder to implement in the Legacy client. For example, we were going to make the armored Boura massive in the EC client, but that would mean the folks in the Legacy client would feel a bit cheated because their Boura would have to be so much smaller.

-Grimm
(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD)
To view the original post, please click here