• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Most Common IDOC Fall Time

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you think?

Expired accounts are turned off at 8 AM USA east coast time. It's a long time from then until an IDOC house falls, but starting at the same time should mean that they end up around the same time. On Atlantic shard it seems to me the most common fall time is noon to 3 PM eastern time.

The item decay engine runs in the background on each shard's server. If there are more players logged in then there is less computer time to decay items on the ground, like old houses. So the daily player density will smear out the decay rate over a long period and a peak fall time will not be noticeable.

Are the above ideas right, and does your shard have a peak fall time?

K

kray2s

i dont know much about what runs in the background etc but i was under the impression the "fall" time was much like the timer until you could place at a spot again. Meaning it is all completly random but with a minimum length of time at the start.

For instance from the moment the house turns idoc it has then a minimum of 6 hours untill it falls. Meaning that you will wait 6 hours + what ever the random timer feels like making you wait.

Maybe im wrong but i really cant say there is one particular time they all. Just a min of 6hours.

I have known idocs to fall minutes after the 6hrs and some to fall up to an hour and half later sometimes two hours later.

This was put into place to stop people finding out exact turn times, meaning they could jump from one idoc to another and then to the third being able to loot the houses in order.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can still get exact fall times, it's placing times that are tough. Fall time is 6:52 from greatly to idoc plus any server down time, just as it's always been. On Baja a couple weeks ago when I camped a couple houses they fell around 9 - 9:30 AM CST.

K

kray2s

ty Sarsmi for the info.

I really was under the impression that you could get the exact turn time but the fall time wasnt exact, i thought you could onl get an impression of when it would go. Hmmm i gonna have to dbl check now lol not that i dont trust you:)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ty Sarsmi for the info.

I really was under the impression that you could get the exact turn time but the fall time wasnt exact, i thought you could onl get an impression of when it would go. Hmmm i gonna have to dbl check now lol not that i dont trust you:)
Hey go for it, I've only been doing it a little bit this year, they could have been fluke falls. :p

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ty Sarsmi for the info.

Hey go for it, I've only been doing it a little bit this year, they could have been fluke falls. :p
I know on Origin they were falling for a while, quite routinely, between 2-2:30 p.m. CST.