• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Moreover, the plant of a new color grew.

S

Shantia

toss the plain
I dunno, ferns can produce bonsai's campions are still rather lovely plain, and you have chances of getting other types of plants that create a bonsai. I would grow the plain plants in order for those extra chances for mutants.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shantia, you reminded me of something

has anyone crossed the older seeds with the new stuffs? do they react the same?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) yah, but throughout this whole thing I've only been crossing with seeds that were gathered from boglings after the onset of the change, so what I'm wondering is, would the older seeds I have for legacy plants, that have been sitting in bags forever! react the same as the newly gathered seeds

hope I'm not confusing things...

V

Vidma

I am slightly confused. Do you first start with 2 cactus seeds that you get from the boglings? If so, how often do these seeds come out. I have hundreds of seeds but not one flowering cactus seed.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am slightly confused. Do you first start with 2 cactus seeds that you get from the boglings? If so, how often do these seeds come out. I have hundreds of seeds but not one flowering cactus seed.
Hi Vidma - yes, the seeds come from boglings/bog things (not sure if I should mention this, but just in case - these should be recently obtained seeds, I'm assuming from just the last publish on, so like within the last few weeks). The seeds you are looking for, when ID'ed with poppie dust, will say "[color] cactus" (with the color being whatever it is, so for example, it might say "red cactus") - not tribarrel cactus or single barrel or prickly pear. The seed doesn't actually say "flowery", it's just how everyone refers to it here.

Ideally you would want to have one of each of the colors (yellow, red, blue) but this can take several hundred seeds to get to that point. I think I went through about 3-500 seeds to get 8 cactus plants total.

When you do get your seeds and they grow, you're going to want to let the very first one (of each color) self-pollinate (that is, don't cross it with anything) so that you can then let it grow 8 more seeds of that color for you.

I know it can be frustrating to get the seeds, but if you just keep at it, eventually you'll get all 3 colors.

S

Shantia

:) yah, but throughout this whole thing I've only been crossing with seeds that were gathered from boglings after the onset of the change, so what I'm wondering is, would the older seeds I have for legacy plants, that have been sitting in bags forever! react the same as the newly gathered seeds

hope I'm not confusing things...
Yes old old seeds act the same, i had a bag of all gen 4 seeds and grew them up along with my cactus seeds, then crossed the cactus to those gen 4 legacy seeds and got bonsai's..Cept for campions, poppies etc. Those went haywire. I crossed campions to campions and got campions. So that is good, crossed a barrel cactus to a barrel cactus and got random stuff. I'll know tomorrow if poppy to poppy makes more poppies.

I wouldnt burn up all the seeds on bonsai's tho like i did. Cause no i have no more legacy plants producing legacy plants cept poppies (blah), so i have to rely on what i get from the boglings. Let atleast one survive to continue making legacies =D

Or alternately if you have a lot of 'father' plants you can just wait till you get a cactus farm going to get the bonsai's! =D

E

Erica3

To become help of crossing, the crossing table was made with the Excel file(2002).
Only the crossing table corresponds to both English Japanese though the content of this page is almost Japanese.
It takes home, it uses, and it doesn't care.
Please teach if different though it must be suitable.

here

It corrected it because there was a part of very different place.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
crossing a bright yellow bonsai with a yellow flowery cactus gave me bright yellow bonsai babies

this is the only bonsai crossing I have so far, has anyone else done a crossing with them so we can confirm reliability on these?

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm behind everyone a bit, but if it works like it did before, the only way you'll get bonsai is to cross it with the cactus, well maybe the spider as well, haven't got that far yet. Anything else you cross the bonsai with will behave like you crossed it with rushes.

My campions produced odd things, poppies, snow drops, ferns ect.... I did get lucky and get white pampas grass out one crossing. It was the only mutant out of the 200 odd crossings I did. I was hoping for white bonsai.

The seeds I used to make bonsai, came from old stock so I can confirm that works. I need more plant space, my house is full LOL

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra, the really wild card seems to be campions so far, to me anyway, and I'm not sure that, even with Erica3's outstanding research, we can yet nail it all down

and I wouldn't rush to change anything on the gardening page, this will likely be reverted at some point... seems to be just a delightful little side road in our gardening journey

S

Shantia

My opinions so far is that campions act like bogling seeds. Its completely random what the campion flowery crossing will produce. I've gotten ferns, rushes, prickly pears, pampas, pony, and bulrushes and even flowery cactus. Thats just from the ones i DID ID. I dont farm the poppy dust seeds as much as i should. Things like poppies, lillies, and snowdrops might act completely random as well, i havent gotten a lot of those to test it on.

As for the bonsai/flowery crossings, i've crossed several of the rectangular type, and crossed a purple spider to a purple bonsai so in three days i'll post my findings. Hoping its not just a certain 'type' of bonsai that will successfully cross more bonsais.

S

Shantia

Whoooohooo, ok well maybe not really a whooohoo thing. But anyway, i had a flowery plain cactus grow today. I dont bother id'ing the plains cause of limited charges. So it is possible to get a plain variety as well.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a bunch of plain campions and plain poppies I was growing for my vendor, and I thought what the heck, and crossed them with one of my flowery cactus. One mutated white (on a campion) - today I got the first seed off it and it id'ed as a white flowery cactus *smiles* (the other plants I set to deco because of a space crunch, I just didn't have room to get seeds off them)

E

Erica3

Crossing Table is supplemented.
Please input all of each Bonsai as rushes.

D

Deb

I crossed a hops to all my legacy plants that were ready. Will post what each one produces. Sadly no mutants.

D

Dragonchilde

I just got my first bright red spider tree seed!

WOOHOO!!!

I'm so excited. Thanks to all of you, but especially Erica, for your amazing research into this. This is so amazing! Now, off to hunt more fertile dirt

D

Dragonchilde

Okay, I'm having some trouble getting the hops.

Does it have to be a cactus mother, with a flowery father? I've pollinate several of my spider trees with flowery cacti, but I'm not having any luck in getting the hops. I'm just getting more cactus.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the way I've been crossing is this:
Spider Tree x Flower Cactus = Hops (
Spider Tree x Hops ( = Hops )

that sounds like what you are doing though so I'm not sure what the difference is - maybe try switching momma types (like if you're using spider tree for moms, try using cactus instead) - probably not gonna make a difference but anything is worth a try

(btw - spider tree x spider tree = flowery cactus - might watch that your not accidently crossing ST to ST)

only things I can think of - may not have been of any help :(

B

Beastmaster

Okay, I'm having some trouble getting the hops.

Does it have to be a cactus mother, with a flowery father? I've pollinate several of my spider trees with flowery cacti, but I'm not having any luck in getting the hops. I'm just getting more cactus.
I'm probably a month behind everyone else on this, but I managed to produce ( hops by using the flowery cactus as the pollinator against the spider tree. To get cactus you use spider tree against spider tree.

ps. I've got my first 2 hybrids growing now. A white uncommon bonsai (pine)and a black common bonsai (pine).

V

Vidma

Does anyone on Great Lakes have an extra blue cactus seed that I can purchase? I have had no luck in securing a blue one.
Thank you in advance.

D

Dragonchilde

it's possible that I thought I pollinated them with flowery, but didn't. I've got a few that I KNOW I crossed with cacti, so maybe those will work. :)

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
k i read all this & am sooo confused

so if i want a purple spider plant I do what?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
k i read all this & am sooo confused

so if i want a purple spider plant I do what?
Flower cactus cross to make spider trees. Go kill boglings and bog things till you get a "red cactus seed" and a "blue cactus seed". It will take a while, just keep at it. They won't say tribarrel cactus or single barrel, just cactus and the color. Identify the seeds with the poppy resource. Grow the blue and red cactus, they will grow up into being red and blue flowery cactus. Let them self polinate so you don't have to farm seeds again, plant thes new seeds and let them grow, then this generation of red and blue flowery cactus cross with each other to get a dark purple spider tree.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Are Boglings still dropping colored seeds for all the new plants???

D

Dragonchilde

Are Boglings still dropping colored seeds for all the new plants???
Well, not all of them, but yes, the colored cacti do drop on boglings (which is what you need for the fancy hops, bonsai and spider tree. As of a few weeks ago, anyway. All of my seeds I collected myself, post-last-publish.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It appears our little gardening bug has turned into a full fledged feature! :danceb:

http://sakkarah-gaming.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.html
I never knew Sak had a blog. Thanks Stupid Miner for posting. I was wondering why we hadn't heard anything about a fix for the plants. I'm kinda the same mindset that she is about the new colored plants. I can't help but be horrified yet fascinated at the same time. I am happy for the players that like the plants though. :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at every opportunity I'll mention this ~~ if they would simply do this, it wouldn't matter how bright the flowers are

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not really:

those campions, by the way, are bright yellow, and the hops bright red

as comparison:

K

KeeliaUo

Want to make sure I'm not missing something...the Spider Trees and hops...they can only be the "bright" colors (Red, Yellow, Blue) due to crossing them with the same color?

I'm hoping I'm missing something. I don't want the "bright" colors, I want the "normal" ones, lol

HuGGs all :D

D

Dragonchilde

No, you can get the dull colors as well, it just takes a little more work to do so. Check out the color chart to see how you can get what out of what. For example, cross orange with bright red, you get dull red. :)

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Erica! You certainly have done a great job, a great deal of work and real strong expermenting! I just starting this NEW coloring so have a great deal to learn again.

One question please: I am devoted to gardening for white plants but can find no information on the Cocoa Tree's chances of being white. The ones I have growing are simply showing black resourses and black seeds and they can't cross pollinate.

B

Beastmaster

One question please: I am devoted to gardening for white plants but can find no information on the Cocoa Tree's chances of being white. The ones I have growing are simply showing black resourses and black seeds and they can't cross pollinate.
I think our only sources for Cocoa seed are from the mob drops and the plants those seed grow. I don't know of any way to cross anything else to produce a cocoa seed so I would think there's no way to get a white.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Beastmaster.

Guess we'll have to wait for the programmers -*(hint hint)* - to come up with seeds for White and Black Cocoa Trees. :)

D

Dragonchilde

I just had to go a whole lotta pages back to find this thread. it's too doggone useful to let fall back! I need to compile this info and add it to the gardening FAQ sticky, I swear.