• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

More Clearity of tso-e.com Post of "Moves/Merges"

• Thread starter master_of_none
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

master_of_none

I just read the new posting of the cities shutdowns and moves/merges of the production cities on tso-e.com.
What I'm not clear on, our established lots in those cities. Are we now not able to hold onto them?
Will it only be our sims that get moved here like those we choose for the bullet train?
Will the two sections of land on the big EA Land in the yellow ring area be the only lands usable?

For me, I have an established skill lot that I've hung on to waiting for the merge to happen, along with few other sims hanging onto some nice water/grass properties. I'm really not wanting the loss of those, which is why they haven't gotten their tickets yet for the train. Would love more clearity on this part of the move/merge. Thank you

M

Monkeybear

I don't see why not, when they merged TC and TC3 we got the keep our lots.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

eeek!!!

The time has come to say goodbye to our beloved home cities?

Sniff...Sniff....suddenly I feel a bit sad but happy. Sad to say goodby but happy to be moving on.

I'm a bit nervous about the merge too. Is it going to happen soon or will it be one of those things like 'wait and see' if our sims finally make it to EAland in a few months when they get around to it?

M

master_of_none

<blockquote><hr>

I don't see why not, when they merged TC and TC3 we got the keep our lots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is what I've thought and believed all along since creating in EA Land. I've moved a couple of sims also here on the bullet train, but after reading this section of the new post today.. has my concern..

" Moves and Merges

The shutdown does NOT affect moves or merges. We will continue to move and merge characters until the cities are empty.

Moves (a.k.a. Bullet Train): The moves were placed on hold for short time due to a bug with multi-tile objects. Once that bugged is addressed we will resume moves.

Merges: The issues with the merge are being addressed. There is more work required; a future post will be provided when we can accurately predict merge dates. "

The main part where they say, until the cities are "empty". Which is why being more clear is a need... are we having loss of our homes due to unfortunate issues?

I

imported_Juniper Skye

Hopefully it will be the same as what was going to happen to begin with.

Sim move AKA Bullet Train: sims will move with out their properties, only inventories and skill locks will ride the bullet train.

Merge: sims move with properties, inventories and skill locks.

Both of these moved will be without simoleans.

G

So, now it seems we are all forced to move to EA land from AV, BF etc etc without our houses now. From what there saying is there closing down all production cities for good and now we will be forced to move our sims without our houses. We have a 2$ million dollar house in AV we don't wish to loose !!! What is going on Maxis/EA Please clear up this post!

G

For the benefit of those that cannot for whatever read the blog:

<blockquote><hr>

All cities, except EA-Land and Test Center 3, will be closing permanently.

Here is the tentative schedule:

Wed, Feb 20: A client update will be provided. The update will provide eight (8) available slots for EA-Land. Characters from ALL cities (except Test Center 3) will be filling those slots. (Important Note: if you have more total characters than eight (8) in those cities some of characters will no longer be available so make room for all your characters).

Thu, Feb 21: All cities except EA-Land and Test Center 3 will go offline permanently.

Tue, Feb 26: Test Center 3 will go offline for a few hours for data center and database migration.

Wed, Feb 27: EA-Land will go offline for a few hours for data center and database migration.

Caveat: There are a lot of elements involved behind the scenes involving a few groups. The dates may change by 1-2 weeks.

Moves and Merges

The shutdown does NOT affect moves or merges. We will continue to move and merge characters until the cities are empty.

Moves (a.k.a. Bullet Train): The moves were placed on hold for short time due to a bug with multi-tile objects. Once that bugged is addressed we will resume moves.

Merges: The issues with the merge are being addressed. There is more work required; a future post will be provided when we can accurately predict merge dates.

Regards,

gk

[/ QUOTE ]

Since it says all the sims would be available but no mention of properties, yet no statement that properties will be wiped, I think panicking is premature....let's wait until they spell it out more for that. The good news is that everyboody will be able to play their sims in EA Land to get monies built back up, even if access to your properties are inaccessible for a time. If they planned to definitely wipe properties at this time I'm sure Greg would have said so.....my inferrence that this part is as much up in the air as Betaville is. BV residence cannot get to their sims, properties, nothing right now....so the production city residence will have an advantage there because we'll be able to have our sims even if not our properties yet. Anxiously awaiting further explanation, comment from a dev. Biting my fingernails, yes, but not panicking yet.

G

Houses will not be lost. It is clear from the post that the cities will be shut down to make way for MERGES. You will have 8 slots in EA-Land. Some of those slots will be filled with your production city sims. Your production sim will be greyed out until the merge happens. This goes to say that you may not be able to play that sim for some time, but it WILL eventually be merged. In the meantime enjoy your EA-Land sim.

Merge = With House
Move = Without

Hopefully this clears things up for those that are afraid that they are going to lose their house.

No, the sky is not falling.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

On Feb20th. The cities will be closed. Meaning any sims, lots, objects, etc that you have left in those cities, you will not be able to play until that "city is merged" to EALand. Map allocations for all older cities can already be seen on the world view map. Once your city is merged you will have access to those sims again.

Meaning, if you want to move a sim before that date, you better request one now. Anything you want to do in your old city better be complete by Feb 20th because you will no longer have access to those sims.

I believe Betaville is already shut down and we do not have access to those sims at all.

In the interim, you will have 8 slots available for play in EA-Land. If you choose to use all 8 of your sim slots, keep in mind that when an old sim from an old city is merged, it will replace one of the newer sims you create in EA-land now.

G

No, Sindran

<blockquote><hr>

Wed, Feb 20: A client update will be provided. The update will provide eight (8) available slots for EA-Land. Characters from ALL cities (except Test Center 3) will be filling those slots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't this mean that they'll be putting our production city sims in those slots so we can play them in EA Land?

And OMG, he said all cities, I wonder if BV will be included in this and this might be the reason BV has been inaccessible for a while? Trying not to get my hopes up on being able to play those much older sims....but
*oogles*

G

We are still planning on making sure that the merged sims come with their properties (no simoleans). By the end of the merges, all of the map should be open. Meaning, it will all be "yellow spaces."

To those of you in the legacy cities, I'm sorry that this is happening.

When it comes to moves and merges, we're still planning on going ahead with them.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

oooooooooh "legacy cities". I love the new doublespeak. I'm from the legacy city of Dan's Grove and will rejoice the day I can go home!

G

<blockquote><hr>

On Feb20th. The cities will be closed. Meaning any sims, lots, objects, etc that you have left in those cities, you will not be able to play until that "city is merged" to EALand. Map allocations for all older cities can already be seen on the world view map. Once your city is merged you will have access to those sims again.

Meaning, if you want to move a sim before that date, you better request one now. Anything you want to do in your old city better be complete by Feb 20th because you will no longer have access to those sims.

I believe Betaville is already shut down and we do not have access to those sims at all.

In the interim, you will have 8 slots available for play in EA-Land. If you choose to use all 8 of your sim slots, keep in mind that when an old sim from an old city is merged, it will replace one of the newer sims you create in EA-land now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds about right.
Apparently, they are experiencing some very difficult problems in preparing to move cities en masse, and are preparing to move the sims and lots manually - just like they use the 'bullet train' now.
The whole thing sounds fairly reasonable to me, and they have given us plenty of time to pack up.

NOIP
The "merge" has sucked up a lot of development time over the months, so once it's over and done with, they can move on to working on the other issues that have cropped up.
I'm all for it.

I

imported_SimTripps

I 2nd that lol... Bravo! When Lee said the word, 'indefinitely' a week or so ago, I got a bit scared lol... Glad that the merge is somewhat 'around the corner'...

G

<blockquote><hr>

oooooooooh "legacy cities". I love the new doublespeak. I'm from the legacy city of Dan's Grove and will rejoice the day I can go home!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that's just a term I picked up from the Dark Age of Camelot team. They use the term "Legacy Servers" when they talk about the original servers that were online when the game shipped.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Well legacy servers are a good term too! After checking my calender, I beleive February 19th will be the last Tuesday those East coast legacy servers will come back online later than other servers.

G

8 slots, right?

Does this include BV?

If so,
what happens if we have 4 sims in BV?

I

imported_SimTripps

Ut oh... here we go with the, 'how many sims can we have?' confusion again lol...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

8 slots, right?

Does this include BV?

If so,
what happens if we have 4 sims in BV?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 8 slots include your 4 sims in Betaville.

4 betaville sims + 3 TSO sims+ 1 new EAland sim = 8.

There are many ways to add up to 8. You will have to figure out what you have and how those slots will be filled.

D

Dogsoffour

Ok so...I will need to delete some of my sims before February 20th? Is it still possible to delete BV sims?
I hope so.

G

You only need to delete EA Land sims if you made more then one and that will bring your total sim count in EA Land and legacy cities to higher then 8. You do not need to delete any legacy city sims or BV sims they will merge or move depending on what you decide.

C

calvinscreeksim

okay wait im confused, so EA-land moves are on hold, production cities will be offline a.k.a no long be able to play them?....what about the people that have not taken the bullet train at all (myself). I still have several sims in production cities, a few in tc3...what happens then am i basically sol until these "moves" start happening again?-whenever that is. do i have to start deleting some sims right now?. i do not remember if i have bv sims, i guess i should check lol.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

If your 3 sim slots in TSO are still full and you have 4 betaville sims. If you choose not to move a sim,then you will be limited to playing 1 newly created sim in EA-Land until merges are complete.

The problem I have with this scenario is that we have not had access to betaville for a couple of weeks now.

While I knew that betaville was last on the list of cities to be merged, I hadn't even played or thought about my sims there yet. Do I want my betaville sims taking up sim slots for weeks and weeks, if not months, waiting for them to be merged? What if I want those 4 slots for playing in EA-Land now instead of waiting on them to merge?

By cities being closed does that mean these sims will no longer accrue skill locks by sim age because our sims will be in stasis and no longer aging?

G

<blockquote><hr>

If your 3 sim slots in TSO are still full and you have 4 betaville sims. If you choose not to move a sim,then you will be limited to playing 1 newly created sim in EA-Land until merges are complete.

The problem I have with this scenario is that we have not had access to betaville for a couple of weeks now.

While I knew that betaville was last on the list of cities to be merged, I hadn't even played or thought about my sims there yet. Do I want my betaville sims taking up sim slots for weeks and weeks, if not months, waiting for them to be merged? What if I want those 4 slots for playing in EA-Land now instead of waiting on them to merge?

By cities being closed does that mean these sims will no longer accrue skill locks by sim age because our sims will be in stasis and no longer aging?

[/ QUOTE ]
your sim will age and acquire locks regardless if u access the city or game or not, you should know that just from those that pay to keep accts active but never login.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
your sim will age and acquire locks regardless if u access the city or game or not, you should know that just from those that pay to keep accts active but never login.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but that's apples and oranges......she's asking if the CITIES ARE CLOSED which they will be as of February 20th until merges, will those sims still accrue age and locks. My answer would be I don't think it matters since we'll soon come up on amnesty where locks will be based on account age, and account age will keep on adding up whether the cities are up or not, as long as you don't cancel your subscription. As to whether sims will still accrue age without regard to skill locks, I dunno nor does it matter as long as the locks I get are based on entitlement age.....sim age then will have a much less importance/significance than it does now.

G

You can create a sim in EA Land to play until your other sims are merged. Unfortunately you cant get into BV to check your sims as it has allready been closed.

C

calvinscreeksim

okay i went to check out my accounts.

1.) i cannot access bv to see if i even have sims there.-like you said gracie

2.) i went to check tc3 (i went just to TC3 at login not the "test") and it turned out those sims are now living in "EA-land". all the original tc3 sims that i thought were still only in tc3 are now labelled as living in Ea-land...is that normal? lol

3.) same applies to my other accounts, and my question is not about aging or skill locks that i mentioned...i am wondering if once he production cities are "closed" does that mean there is no more entering the regular production cities.-makes me curious because if the moves to EA-land from production cities are on hold, does all my stuff in the production cities stay there or will it all be wiped away even if i set each and every single sim that i have in prod. cities to move to ea-land.

G

We cant move out of TC3 (think Hotel California) where do you land when you click on an TC3 sim?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

You can create a sim in EA Land to play until your other sims are merged. Unfortunately you cant get into BV to check your sims as it has allready been closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you point to me on the blog that we were advised that Betaville would be closed forever? Did I miss the memo?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

So Basically if we ever created sims in Betaville and if they ever decide to merge that city we will get stuck with those sim taking up our EA-Land slots whether we want them or not.

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

We cant move out of TC3 (think Hotel California) where do you land when you click on an TC3 sim?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wait nvm I think I wrote down the wrong thing. I click my tso desktop icon, click ea-land-beta...then it takes me to my full list of sims on that account. I click on the sims that I created 26 days ago in TC3(not the test), and then I am in EA-land. I have not done any updating since this whole new idea for tc3 and ea-land emerged, I have not sent any sims on the bullet train except for the 1 that i made a post about 2 days ago I believe it was, and the only sims I have created in the past year were the ones in TC3 26 days ago, which like I said are now living in EA-land when I click on Ea-land from the menu at the start. Is that normal, or am i just so far behind that I do not see the simple logic in what I just stated lol.

G

If we have no access to delete our BV sims ourselves, maybe we can ask the devs to do it for us !

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

I guess so, but wouldnt we be able to delete them post merge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wait nvm I think I wrote down the wrong thing. I click my tso desktop icon, click ea-land-beta...then it takes me to my full list of sims on that account. I click on the sims that I created 26 days ago in TC3(not the test), and then I am in EA-land. I have not done any updating since this whole new idea for tc3 and ea-land emerged, I have not sent any sims on the bullet train except for the 1 that i made a post about 2 days ago I believe it was, and the only sims I have created in the past year were the ones in TC3 26 days ago, which like I said are now living in EA-land when I click on Ea-land from the menu at the start. Is that normal, or am i just so far behind that I do not see the simple logic in what I just stated lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure I know the answer to this question, but at the risk of confusing you further I've asked Lee to reply after the update, he said please be patient.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I guess so, but wouldnt we be able to delete them post merge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so let me see if I have this figured out.

I have 4 sims in betaville.

A year from now Betaville gets merged to EALand and those 4 sims take over my sims I already created and have been playing in EAland because they are, of course, older.

Once this happens I can delete them one by one and my EA-Land sims will re-appear in my sim slots, right?

It would probably behoove me to create those 4 sims in EALand now so I have something to play with instead of waiting around for those BV sims to show up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you point to me on the blog that we were advised that Betaville would be closed forever? Did I miss the memo?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no such post. Lee posted in the Connectivity forum about it, but just said that it was closed 'until further notice'. When I read this after seeing another BV'er mention it in the BV forum, I posted in the tech forum asking for further clarification. Unless someone has posted in the last hour, nobody but Niki even bothered to comment at all, meaning that, as usual, BV is more an afterthought than an actual city

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Ok yeah, I was stretching it to the farthest limits with my "year" example. But you got the jest of it.

I

imported_LFancey

CBrewton5,

I actually answered you about 3 hours ago..

Lee

S

Sativa L

Just two little questions:

* If the amnesity program is to run before the cities merge, will sims waiting it out in legacy cities miss out on gifts/locks/EALand founder status, or are these awarded by account?

* Will sims taking the bullet train recieve the city plagues, or is that only for merging sims ? (I think City of birth would be most appropriate)

G

How come no one has yet to mention the fact that now, we are expected to PAY our monthy fee for sims we will not be able to use? This is appauling!! I only have 1 si in AV and one in BF and they are both over a thousand days old. I don not have a sim in EA Land and was awaiting the merge to even go there as I don't see the point in busting my backside to work a sim for skills and money only for it to be deleted when my main sim goes there on the merge. Now we have to pay a monthly bill for a sim that we can not use for who knows how long. A month to a year, before the merge even happens. If I schedule my bf and av sims to move to ea land now? will they get there? and will one be deleted???? So, I guess I will eat all the hard work and thousand days I put into my property but I don not want to lose y sim nor pay for a sim that I can't use!!! so I ask again...if I move them..will they get there? whenever the next train will be! and will one be deleted????

T

Tristan Lewis

Helps if you read EVERYTHING not just what you wanna see. you are allowed up to 8 total sims in ealand so if you got 2 production city sims 0 BV sims then your safe make up to 6 ealand sims

I

imported_SimTripps

I think February 20th should be known in EA Land as Legacy Day, a sim national holiday lol...

G

ummmm I DID read everything!!!!! and all I ever see is....your youngest sim will be REPLACED with your oldest sim..... THAT is why I am asking...will my younger sim be replaced with my sim that is 3 days older one????? Please don't talk to me as if I am stupid!!! I have read this entire thread and don't see one person who isn't confused over this entire issue!!!

( part of a message in the thread on page 2)those 4 sims take over my sims I already created and have been playing in EAland because they are, of course, older.

I

imported_SimTripps

Summer, you'll keep your AV and BF sims - one won't get replace by the other, etc.

G

*TTL*

Who was it that posted that neat drawing of the slots thingy?? Can you repost it here?

You get 8 total slots:
<font color="red"> Production Cities </font> 1-3 sims possible
<font color="blue"> BV </font>1 to 4 sims possible
<font color="orange"> EA Land </font>1 to 8 sims possible

You can have any number of sims you want in the above possible combinations as long as your total on one account does not exceed the maximum of 8 sims. TC3 sims are and will forever be seperate.

<font color="purple"> Moves: </font> You can move a sim to EA Land if you set it before the day the cities are closed to visitors, when moving you retain your inventory only.
<font color="green"> Merges: </font> You can play in TC3 or EA land while you wait for your sims to merge retaining houses and inventory.

Neither option includes money.

Yes its a bumer to work a new sim when we've got old ones we love, but its what must happen if you want to play until the merge happens and you dont want to move a sim.

You do not need to delete a sim to play in EA Land

G

ok...thank you so very much for helping me understand this
I appreciate it and will be moving my sims for the next train.