• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Moonglow City Events

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With so many groups planning events, Moonglow will be pausing in its hosting of planned events for the time being.

Sorry to those who were planning on attending.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Run your events... you had yours posted first and people should be checking that they aren't trying to use a day that's already claimed.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where are the events posted?!? I do not even see them unless they are buried somewhere? I do not see them.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From a previous thread. ;)

"Several people showed up and the meeting went smoothly.

Four weeks of events were planned.

Dec.28: Royal Zoo Event- Taming to get the Zoo back to tier 10. Raffle included
Jan.4: Scavenger Hunt/ Trivia- Proceeds to go to the Zoo and the Mage Tower Fund
Jan.11: Moonglow Auction - Proceeds to Zoo
Jan.18: Royal Zoo Event - Keeping the Zoo high in tier. Proceeds to go to Zoo and Treasury

Trade deals were discussed. Next weeks deal will be with the Merchant’s Association.

Those with questions or concerns can reach me here, in game, or by ICQ. 380535655

Sincerely yours,
Va'lis Razele
Governor of Moonglow"

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would encourage you to go ahead with your events as previously planned. If there are conflicting events then common courtesy would dictate that the event that was announced last should be moved. We're all trying to come up with things for the people on the shard to do and it benefits nobody to double book days/times and split the rather small audience we already have for events into two or more groups. There are more then 28 days in every month, and at least 3 days out of every week that an event would do well on. There's more then enough to go around even if you don't get your preferred day.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the interest of fairness here, Merida and Armand had set the date for the wedding long long before Va'lis was ever elected Governor of Moonglow. I know because Armand is my husband and now Merida is my sister-wife in game. It was something we all talked about and planned. Va'lis should have known not to plan anything for January 4th --- he was the "Father of the Bride --- he was told of the plans for that day.

As for the 11th, I would happily go to Moonglow events on my characters because Pandy is holding a private meeting of only a few people on her sub-council. Va'lis had not made his events clear or visible at first pass; it was buried under a thread named "Moonglow Meeting Results". I would go ahead with the Moonglow Auction on this day because yours a public event, not a targeted audience like Pandy's meeting. If you hold the auction on the 11th, I'd go! It is not like we intentionally created events on days that Va'lis had planned to do something, jeez.

~ Sue.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At no point during any of the previous posts did anybody name any specific groups of people. Nor was anybody accused of anything like deliberately setting events on the same days. In my opinion what I said in my reply applies equally to everyone planning to run an event. I won't deny that Va'lis should probably have posted his events in a separate thread instead of having it buried in another thread, but that doesn't change the fact that he announced his first. What I was trying to say in my previous post is that if for whatever reason an event gets planned for a day that is already taken, that the second person to post an event should change theirs. I personally had to do this with the market. I had originally planned to hold it on the 18th and when it was brought to my attention that an event had already been planned for that evening I moved mine to another day. Yes Pandora's meetings are for a select few people to attend instead of the entire shard but there are problems with claiming that just because it's a small private meeting it doesn't conflict with other events. Va'lis is on the sub council, yet the meeting is being held on a day he would have been holding his event. Which would cause him to either cancel his event or not show up to the meeting. The other problem I see with it is that most of the people on the sub council are the ones that are interested in things that are happening in the first place. It splits the people that like to attend events into two separate groups and it's unnecessary, as I said before.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thom --- Mountains out of molehills, really. Pandy's sub-council has maybe a few folks that would attend other events, the rest are mostly pvp'ers or returning players or players we've recruited from other shards (those that are turned away) to come here trying their hand at some entry-level RP or getting a feel for this server. Va'lis has already opted out of participation in the sub-council to Pandora herself. Its a non-issue between them! Va'lis is a big boy, he can defend himself especially to Pandora, they are very close.

And I was not made aware of anything on the 18th of this month?!?! Where is the information for that?

~ Sue.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry if my position on this issue is not something you agree with, but this isn't completely about Va'lis. I wasn't aware Va'lis wasn't representing Wind on the sub council, since he is listed as the representative. However, that doesn't change the other problem I had. You may think i'm making mountains out of molehills here, but events are very important to me. I put a lot of my personal time, gold, and items into running my events and i'm sure others do too. I'm not sure who you pitch your events to but I try and plan things that would appeal to as many people as possible. To say that pvpers or entry level rpers wouldn't attend other events is silly. If they're interested in political meetings then i'm fairly sure that it's safe to say they would be interested in other events. As far as there being something planned for the 18th, it's in post #5 after Pandora said she hadn't seen any events posted, and in the Moonglow Meeting Results thread that you referenced in post #7.

Jan.18: Royal Zoo Event - Keeping the Zoo high in tier. Proceeds to go to Zoo and Treasury

I may have started this discussion by encouraging Va'lis to hold his events, but all of the opinions I have posted in this thread are about events in general, not his specifically.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry if my position on this issue is not something you agree with, but this isn't completely about Va'lis. I wasn't aware Va'lis wasn't representing Wind on the sub council, since he is listed as the representative. However, that doesn't change the other problem I had. You may think i'm making mountains out of molehills here, but events are very important to me. I put a lot of my personal time, gold, and items into running my events and i'm sure others do too. I'm not sure who you pitch your events to but I try and plan things that would appeal to as many people as possible. To say that pvpers or entry level rpers wouldn't attend other events is silly. If they're interested in political meetings then i'm fairly sure that it's safe to say they would be interested in other events. As far as there being something planned for the 18th, it's in post #5 after Pandora said she hadn't seen any events posted, and in the Moonglow Meeting Results thread that you referenced in post #7.

I may have started this discussion by encouraging Va'lis to hold his events, but all of the opinions I have posted in this thread are about events in general, not his specifically.

Again you are assuming that we do not look to see what events others have planned... that was my issue with you in the first place. NO ONE CREATED AN EVENT OVERRIDING ANYONE ELSE'S EVENT ON PURPOSE and had Va'lis made it a bit more clear about posting his calendar, it would have been observed. Its a non-issue.

~ Sue.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woah, can we calm down here? I already said that he could have made it more clear when he posted it. That has nothing at all to do with my points. Can you not just agree with the fact that we should be courteous to each other as my main point has been all along and realize that the only reason you were brought up in my posts, which would have stopped long ago, was because you asked questions? I will make it clear. I am not saying that anybody did or did not look for events. I do not assume that you saw his events and deliberately planned anything for the same night. I am not accusing anybody of anything.