• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Monster Mash Mission #1... Thursday 22rd July, 8pm AEST.

D

Dain

Myself and any other enthusiastic individuals will be hosting a series of PvM events, regularly (perhaps twice a week) starting this Thursday.

The idea behind the events is to get a bit more action in Tram and to educate people about some of the finer points of UO when possible.

The events will be really simple, typically consisting of nothing more than a few Peerless or some hunting. This way the events can easily go ahead if the organisers aren't present and also means other people can host at any time.

Event announcements, info, directions etc will be made via the Help Chat Channel, and during the player created Monster Mash Mission channel after the starting time.

Players will be welcome to join in on the event, or leave, during any of the breaks between parts.

This Monster Mash Mission will be:

THIS Thursday (22nd July)

8pm AEST

Meeting at the LUNA STABLES area.

Every different peerless, boss or mob encounter is going to have an explanation and discussion on the best tactics and tips/tricks to completing the hunt.

Insurance and consumables compensation will be available to anyone who needs.

Cash prizes will be awarded to people for various achievements throughout the events. E.G, most deaths, biggest mistake, getting honor etc.

Mission Details:

Mission #1 is going to consist of three parts.

This mission will require preferably RANGED fighter characters or Tamer for Part 1 but anything will do for Parts 2 and 3.

Part 3 will require a Daemon and Undead slayer weapon/spellbook.

Part 1: Melisanade Peerless (excuse spelling)

Part 2: Dreadhorn Peerless

Part 3: Event will end with an unspecified time (aka until everyone gets bored) stunt of Dark Father Doom.

All necessary components of the peerless will be supplied, such as peerless keys, gold skulls for DF, ropes and machetes etc

D

Dain

Tonight's event was both a success and a failure.

I would like to thank all the people that came and sacrificed significant amounts of insurance money. If you wish to claim some compensation as you were gone by the time money was given out, give me a PM.

The event had a great turn out, which was both wonderful, and a curse.

I was totally unprepared for the numbers and subsequently found myself hosting an event with few too many helpers that was impossible to achieve with such numbers.

We encountered problems with having too many people to fit into a peerless, which was partially solved for the peerless' that can be done in Fel as well, but unfortunately Dreadhorn had been prepared.

Also, Dreadhorn being engaged by another player not apart of the event posed further problems.

As a substitute to Dreadhorn, Malas' The Labrynth was attempted but quickly turned into a bloodbash due to poor guidance.

The Final chapter, Dark Father, was attempted and achieved without any hassles and due to such success will become a common part of the event.

The details for the following Monster Mash Mission will be posted shortly, and will certainly be organised in a way that, hopefully, solves many of the problems faced in the first event.