• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Mongbat/Greater Mongbat Paragon Chests

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do both of these still spawn? I know paragon chests do, but wasn't sure if they still spawned on regular mongbats and/or greater mongbats. I have some of each and trying to see which I should hold onto, if any. Thank you in advance!

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, these are not a spawning item. The only way they could spawn again today would be if the mongbat was used as a base creature for a guardian EM monster. If it spawned as a paragon there would be a chance for it to have a chest although the odds are near impossible.

:)

T

Telen

Wow, I just got lucky then I guess. I had one fall from a Greater Mongbat Paragon in Ilshenar a month and a half ago.

Went into Ilshenar to kill some Paragons out of boredom, must have killed 40 of them, the Mongbat was the ONLY one that dropped a chest for me, lol. I wonder if that's the reason I didn't get any other chests. :(

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to both of you. Does anyone else have any input? I suspected the greater mongbat might still be dropping tmaps (and thus paragon chests), but I didn't think the "mongbat" ones dropped t-maps still.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to both of you. Does anyone else have any input? I suspected the greater mongbat might still be dropping tmaps (and thus paragon chests), but I didn't think the "mongbat" ones dropped t-maps still.
Greater Mongbats were the only ones that had a chance of dropping maps.

Here is the rarity part...You could only tell the difference between the two was to lore it or fight it and see the slight difference in difficulty. When they added the Greater to the tougher ones they did it also to Chickens.

So Mongbat chests are rare the Greater Mongbat chests still drop.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greater Mongbats were the only ones that had a chance of dropping maps.

Here is the rarity part...You could only tell the difference between the two was to lore it or fight it and see the slight difference in difficulty. When they added the Greater to the tougher ones they did it also to Chickens.

So Mongbat chests are rare the Greater Mongbat chests still drop.
Thank you so much!!!