• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Money....

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the changed UO economy over time... most of it comes from one thing or another. Many people like the events to get stuff but i hate the fairy tale parts of it.

What is the best way to get money these days? I had 8 billion before my last clean out, and another 14 billion in items, so dont just say.... oh a new spawn in malas...

crafting something? runics? item drop from a boss? Need to get my suits re-built for new competition. So valid answers are wonderful :banana:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome home Sixx.

I'd say farming some of the drops from Despise the quivers sell well, or the Roof... maybe Exodus... but that doesn't make a whole lot... mostly and sadly it's been EM drops... But then you have to actually sell them. Which I've never been good at...

IDOCs if you can beat the scripters...

There will be new vet rewards soon I'm gonna bet that new spider mount will sell pretty well for the first month or so...

Reactions: THP

Morgy123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
if you dont have gear or nothing trade quests is a boring way to come to richess just mainly allot of running from town to town and as reward you get sots and rare times a guild sign and so on but with your kind of gold ifs good dont need to fight the spawn or nothing just run and deliver the goods

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome home Sixx.

I'd say farming some of the drops from Despise the quivers sell well, or the Roof... maybe Exodus... but that doesn't make a whole lot... mostly and sadly it's been EM drops... But then you have to actually sell them. Which I've never been good at...

IDOCs if you can beat the scripters...

There will be new vet rewards soon I'm gonna bet that new spider mount will sell pretty well for the first month or so...
bang on ,,,,to a tee

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont hate, I play the game to kill people... The addition of income meets the needs of other things... But in order to do this i need to get caught back up... I never disabled my accounts so i have vet rewards our the wazooo... specially on my 2 primary of 229 and 230 months. Where to start, already have every skill in the game maxed, on skill stones, runics out the ying yang... I need to join up with a guild on GL or ATL i think...I just dont know who is playing, lol

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there new quivers? What is the "roof"? I am always at the IDOCS, made me billions over the years...

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An old felcuain like your self will enjoy the new mastery books on the champs. The lvl 3 sell well and some for as much as 25+ mill each

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dont hate, I play the game to kill people... The addition of income meets the needs of other things... But in order to do this i need to get caught back up... I never disabled my accounts so i have vet rewards our the wazooo... specially on my 2 primary of 229 and 230 months. Where to start, already have every skill in the game maxed, on skill stones, runics out the ying yang... I need to join up with a guild on GL or ATL i think...I just dont know who is playing, lol
If you have a lot of veteran rewards by far the #1 most valuable vet reward is shard shields, even though they cannot be sold to other players. They provide you with unlimited transfer tokens for life to that particular shard (1 per month is created). With a full set of them it unlocks a great deal of possibilities for making gold when you can bounce around to any shard you want, whenever you want without having to pay a single gold piece for it.

The most lucrative thing has always been EM events because a single hour of effort can get you a rare to sell for 300+ million if it's a good one. Most of them are more like 100-200m these days.

With a full set of shard shields, you can also transport all of your rares to whichever shard you can find a buyer for them, free of charge.

The 2nd best way would be IDOC's still if you have the time to dedicate to it.

"the roof" people talk about it a new boss encounter called Shadowguard the newest expansion created where you can win items easily sellable for 40-60 million each.