• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Monday March 4th

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have it on good authority that the secret is going to change the way we look at UO forever. FOREVER.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have it on good authority that the secret is going to change the way we look at UO forever. FOREVER.
*mumbles* I like my UO as it is...Changes to me usually mean that something else is going to be broken. Maybe I should start praying to those UO GODS now. *taps foot impatiently it was going to be a LONG day of waiting*

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what was it all about? I logged to play Wii with mah kiddos.

jeriicco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Players were told we we're having an event tomorrow 3/5. I'm pretty confused with the EMs and wish I could offer more help but it's very difficult to follow and make sense of it all at the same time.

Last edited:

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM Miko had us stand to the West, to the East and to the South to determine whether we were either happy, unhappy, or indifferent respectively, concerning how Miko has done events. It was an informal poll and I am unsure how much actual information was able to be gleaned from it. Afterward, Miko told us that the secret was that there would be another meeting tomorrow and that--he promised--there would be an event then.

This caused many people to understandably become upset, though I'm sure we'll still all come tomorrow to see where this ah, train wreck leads us all.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye, we were asked to give an opinion without having the opportunity to substantiate that opinion, so here goes...

the events would be much more engaging if:

the story line was presented somewhere other than ingame... immersion is fine and I fully support roleplay (tho I only mildly partake) but having no background to follow the story elsewhere is difficult... often the dialogue is lost in the cacophony of those only there for the goodies

the story was coherent.... for myself, I am having trouble connecting the dots, and if the sea dragons and the frogs and the guy in the hut in Minoc are not connected somehow I would like to know that

the story moved along somewhat... many times an event seems to drag or come to a halt altogether leaving us feeling like there are things left undone

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*confused but hopeful*
I am not sure how I feel at this point. I am torn between supporting the EMs anyway I can and understanding the disappointment in many.

Events should be fun, Events should be for the majority of active players of the said shard (because we can not please everyone all the time), Events should have a foundation, a begining and an end. and Events depending on the type should have a prize at the conclusion.

There are many types of events though and not all small events have a prize.

Maybe a distinction needs to be made as to if it is:
1. A Major Event with a prize at the end
2. A Minor Event simply for fun and/or games with no Prizes.

If our EMs simply want to have fun and games with the people of this shard and spend time with the community and those that do attend enjoy it then it's a good thing. Not many EMs would do that or even have time to do it or even want to. Maybe we have been spoiled into believing that any Event has to have a Prize.

So... the secret I waited all weekend to learn was that we will have a super secret event on March 5th. So be it. *thinks it sounds like watching a suspence movie.

I for one will wait and see. I have no expectations one way or the other. So no matter what happens I will be happy! Good Luck to Everyone!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just dont understand why he made that talking totem that spams Luna bank for an important meeting, only to have it end with another meeting the next day. Just seems silly to me. I agree with Demon Wind that its cool they play games and hold little friendly events to keep the community engaged...I dont think we needs a prize for every event. But I also agree with Dev and they need to have a story that is laid out and is connected...

The EM program on Legends seems week as **** compared to other shards. I mean go look at Luna bank and you can see what I am talking about...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can understand what I read from all of you. And it's a matter of likes and dislikes, not everyone likes the same things. At the current time I am pretty indifferent to events. I'm a linear kinda guy. Starting line is here, expected result is <whatever> let's go get r dun, either as a group or individually. And reasonable encounters. I as a player aren't afraid to die...that doesn't bother me. Mobs that are one hit killers just arent fun for me to fight...no matter what the reward at the end is. I mean, come on, how many times now have we had the spawn, that kill ya one hit style, and have so many HPs and resists that you can't damage it, much less kill it in a reasonable time. When that starts, I just leave. There's a lot more to enjoy in UO than getting rezzed every 10 secs. The endless run of seemingly immortal mobs makes me think of the kids, you know, how ya just give them busy work to keep them occupied until bedtime. ;)

The other night, we were about to do Mel, when Miko's killer dragon (or however it was named) showed up. The four of us took it on, we died plenty of times, but each time we came back, and could see we were substantially making headway against it. It was fun! Tough, but not overwhelmingly so.

And yes Dev, all the events would be more enjoyable if inside the counselor hall no one could speak, unless toggled to by an EM. Then we would be able to have a better grasp on what it was all about.

Last edited: