• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Modern Taming Gear? Must-haves? (returning player)

[K]Double

Visitor
Pretty simple thread.

Returning player, my gear is outdated, willing to spend millions, don't want to purchase/craft the wrong stuff.

What are some staple pieces I can craft a suit around?

Is luck worth it? I have this instinct to start with AoF...

Obi-Wan, you're my only hope...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just roll a pretty basic mage suit on my PvM tamer.

All 70's resists, 40 LMC, 20+ mana regen, mana increase and as much SDI as I can fit. With the new loot these days its easy to max out everything.

I use battle mage tunic, kelp leggings and wizard reading glasses (all these have SDI) and then just legendary parts for my neck, arms and gloves.

As for luck I carry a separate luck suit and just swap to this when needed. I play in the EC so I just have a macro to swap my suits over at the click of a button.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you're on Atlantic, I can hook you up with a decent suit of Legendary and Major Artifact armor that will get you max resists, LRC, LMC, good mana increase and regen, etc. You can ICQ me if interested and we can try to connect.

The suggestion that @DJAd gave is pretty spot on as well, assuming you're running a fairly standard PVM Mage Tamer.

My PVM tamer runs gear that covers just about all of those bases, plus Damage/Fire/Kinetic eater on the suit. I also currently am using the Taming Mark of Travesty which gives +10 skill boost to both Taming and Lore. My SDI on the suit is a little lower compared to the other mages I have, but my main offensive focus is the Greater Dragon or Cu Sidhe I am using. Only time I really see the effect of lower SDI is when using Word of Death.

Good luck!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Can't add but one thing to the advise you already have gotten... Crystalline Ring. That 20 sdi is nice. Scrappers and Chaos Shield offsets the need for fc/fcr on the ring and then ya only need 3 fcr on the brace.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@BeaIank - nice. I forget about the Compassion Eye. I run a tight temp so that +20 Mage comes in handy.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
@Kylie Kinslayer - Oh, I know all about tight temps. I run a 3x120 bard (peace/disco) tamer with a 864 points template. XD
So yeah, if you need that +20 magery, go for the crystalline ring. Otherwise the compassion eye will fit better, with the 10 int, 10 mana, 2 mr and 250 luck it brings to the table.